55-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55-4

If I've done my math correctly, we are 55-4 since the start of the 2013 NCAA tournament. Think about that. 55-4.
    What an incredible run we've been on and continue to be. Enjoy each day of this ride....what a blast!

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
    If I've done my math correctly, we are 55-4 since the start of the 2013 NCAA tournament. Think about that. 55-4.
    What an incredible run we've been on and continue to be. Enjoy each day of this ride....what a blast!
    Yep. Or 57-5 with Baker in the starting lineup. I don't recall if he was starting early in 2012. Anyone remember? I just remember watching him in Stl in 2013 thinking, "holy crap, I have forgotten how good that dude is."

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
      Yep. Or 57-5 with Baker in the starting lineup. I don't recall if he was starting early in 2012. Anyone remember? I just remember watching him in Stl in 2013 thinking, "holy crap, I have forgotten how good that dude is."
      yeah, I think Baker started the first 8 or 9 games before being injured. Only loss was at Tennessee.

Comment

I believe we're currently 66-6 with Baker in the lineup, at all. We were 9-1 at the time of his injury in 2012, then 6-2 after his return in St. Louis. Then obviously 35-1 and 16-2.

I think he's only been in the lineup while not starting three times, all at Arch Madness, but I'm too lazy to check.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Baker and Wessell both startef their freshman season as starters IIRC..
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            I believe we're currently 66-6 with Baker in the lineup, at all. We were 9-1 at the time of his injury in 2012, then 6-2 after his return in St. Louis. Then obviously 35-1 and 16-2.

I think he's only been in the lineup while not starting three times, all at Arch Madness, but I'm too lazy to check.
            That sounds right. A healthy little 92% winning clip. Not bad. :)

Comment

Not satisfied.

But very, very happy!
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                I believe we're currently 66-6 with Baker in the lineup, at all.
                Anti shock, @Kung Wu?

Comment

In February 2013, the Shockers had been brought down to earth with three straight losses and one could wonder if the team was flirting with NIT territory. Then out of nowhere...okay, not exactly that but it sounded good...a couple of Shocker legends walked into the Roundhouse and asked 3G if they could have a little chit chat with the team. Gregg is a smart man...certainly smart enough to know to not say NO to a couple of rather large fellas who laid the foundation for Shocker Basketball. In that conversation with the team, X and AC told the boys to PLAY ANGRY.

Ever since that moment, the Shockers are 62-7.
                  78-65

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    Baker and Wessell both startef their freshman season as starters IIRC..
                    I believe Wessell started at the beginning of his sophomore season but ended up taking a medical redshirt. Pretty sure he only played mop-up minutes as a freshman.
                    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                      I believe Wessell started at the beginning of his sophomore season but ended up taking a medical redshirt. Pretty sure he only played mop-up minutes as a freshman.
                      Wessel started as a frosh, got hurt and was not eligible for redshirt because he'd played too many games. He was not able to play in F4 because he was hurt. Last year was soph. Season and this year he is s junior

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        Wessel started as a frosh, got hurt and was not eligible for redshirt because he'd played too many games. He was not able to play in F4 because he was hurt. Last year was soph. Season and this year he is s junior
                        I have the same memory as @MadaboutWu:. GoShockers says he averaged 1.6 points and 1 rebounds in 13 games his freshman season. Then under sophomore season it says he started the first 8 games "his first career starts."

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          Actually, that year he got hurt was his sophomore year. For the sake of people arguing back and forth, here's the quote from goshockers.com, "2012-13 (Sophomore): Started eight games, his first career starts, before a broken pinky injury held him out of the next seven games while he contemplated surgery... Announced decision to have surgery Jan. 8, and received a medical hardship..."

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                            I have the same memory as @MadaboutWu:. GoShockers says he averaged 1.6 points and 1 rebounds in 13 games his freshman season. Then under sophomore season it says he started the first 8 games "his first career starts."
                            you were a little quicker on the draw!

Comment

That's right.

Comment

Working...
                              X