Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    https://twitter.com/MSUBearsHoops/st...89231746756609

I wonder if they think this is creative? It actually makes them look stupid...
    Trying to decide which scores higher on the originality scale: references to Wichita not being a state, or the Wizard of Oz. If they could only come up with a reference to chickens crossing the road...

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      To be clear, my entire idea hinges on a guarantee that we do actually win. It's not a very good idea if we also lose :)
      Let's just stop at "it's not a very good idea."

Comment

• 120 total weeks spent in the AP top 25 in program history - 83
        1 week spent in the AP top 25 in program history - 59

The score will likely not end up being factual, but the AP poll references actually are. In case you are keeping tabs, that puts MSU 9th out of 10 teams in the MVC historically with regards to AP poll appearances (Evansville has never even seen the AP top 25).

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          In case you are keeping tabs, that puts MSU 10th out of 10 teams in the MVC historically with regards to AP poll appearances.
          Nah, Evansville's never been ranked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            Nah, Evansville's never been ranked.
            Yeah, that hit me after I lazily posted that. I fact-ed my post just seconds before you pointed it out.

Comment

• Fun facts:

*Since the start of the 2011-2012 season, WSU has spent more weeks ranked in the AP top 25 than every other MVC school has in their entire history, except for Bradley and Loyola.

*All-time, WSU has spent more weeks ranked in the AP top 25, than the MVC's bottom 7 have combined.

Comment

It depends on the context doesn't it? The statement is factual if someone is claiming that Wichita is one of the 50 states which comprise the United States of America and to the best of my knowledge no one in Wichita is making that claim. To the extent that MSU is making an effort to educate their students and help them learn the names of those 50 states in order to obtain their MSU degrees it is probably a good move on MSU's part.

On the other hand this T-Shirt is factually inaccurate if the context is Wichita's position vis-a-vis MSU in men's basketball. In this context Wichita is clearly a state of dominance.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 21, 2015, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Fun facts:

*Since the start of the 2011-2012 season, WSU has spent more weeks ranked in the AP top 25 than every other MVC school has in their entire history, except for Bradley and Loyola.

*All-time, WSU has spent more weeks ranked in the AP top 25, than the bottom 7 have combined.
                  I love this kind of stuff, thanks for posting it.

Comment

Southwest Missouri isn't a state either, there SMS.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                      Did you the vine wsu athletics posted in response. Love it.
                      LOL! Thanks for the heads-up!

The entertainment network where videos and personalities get really big, really fast. Download Vine to watch videos, remixes and trends before they blow up.

Comment

• Good stuff!

Originally posted by Missouruh State Illuminate
                        The Shuckheads don't think we are rivals? Please. We compete across the board with them in all sports and have great games in all of them. Not to mention they seem to obsess about every little thing we do from our football plans to what salary we pay our janitors.

In their defense - overall - MSU posters seem to mostly exhibit battered wife syndrome with respect to our upcoming match-up and the general state of their program, not the above.

Comment

Good stuff!

In their defense - overall - MSU posters seem to mostly exhibit battered wife syndrome with respect to our upcoming match-up and the general state of their program, not the above.
                          I bet we pay our janitors ~six times more than they do.

If they underpay their janitors to the extent that they underpay their D1 basketball coaches, someone should notify the Board of Education that they're utilizing slave labor.
                          Last edited by Rlh04d; January 21, 2015, 05:10 PM.
                          Originally posted by BleacherReport
                          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                            I bet we pay our janitors ~six times more than they do.
                            Hey, you were quoted on their board. I bet they send you a free jug of moonshine & Jethrow's pregnant sister as a prize.

Comment

Good stuff!

Define "compete" and "great games."

If their holding their hats on a track or cross country rivalry, ok...

But basketball, hasn't been competitive for a while now. And really, that's all that matters.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                                Hey, you were quoted on their board. I bet they send you a free jug of moonshine & Jethrow's pregnant sister as a prize.
                                Hoo boy!
                                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                                X