Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    What are you asking?
    I'm not even sure, I was just confused in general (not uncommon). Did you mean to say Shaq instead of Gregg? Or is Gregg working the officials for Shaq?

It'll take a while (probably a full season) for Gregg to work the officials when those calls are called fouls. Hopefully sooner then later the officials eyes will REWARD athleticism instead of assuming it had to be a foul. Adjustments officials!!!! Adjustments!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Still taking crow out my mouth... Shaq has had a nice stretch... And it really is hard to tell how this rotation plays out from game to game... Henderson has been getting minutes over Holland whom is non existent as of late.. But we can agree that the new jucoboys are packing their bags as we speak... Apologize if that offends anyone... Just what I'm seeing

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
        I'm not even sure, I was just confused in general (not uncommon). Did you mean to say Shaq instead of Gregg? Or is Gregg working the officials for Shaq?

It'll take a while (probably a full season) for Gregg to work the officials when those calls are called fouls. Hopefully sooner then later the officials eyes will REWARD athleticism instead of assuming it had to be a foul. Adjustments officials!!!! Adjustments!!!!!!!!!!
        Lol - Yes Gregg "working" the officials on Shaq's behalf. As long as Shaq of course is in position and the officials make a bad call. Damn-it don't confuse me anymore than I need to be confused!!! Lol
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
          . Shaq has had a nice stretch... And it really is hard to tell how this rotation plays out from game to game... Henderson has been getting minutes over Holland whom is non existent as of late.. But we can agree that the new jucoboys are packing their bags as we speak... Apologize if that offends anyone... Just what I'm seeing
          I still think BushWam might have a chance next year, if for no other reason than we need the size. Maybe the lights come on in his second year?

Comment

Lol - Yes Gregg "working" the officials on Shaq's behalf. As long as Shaq of course is in position and the officials make a bad call. Damn-it don't confuse me anymore than I need to be confused!!! Lol
            Lol ok now I understand! Sometimes I don't read so good. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post
              I still think BushWam might have a chance next year, if for no other reason than we need the size. Maybe the lights come on in his second year?
              I agree. I think Bush is almost to the point where he can contribute consistently and the Juco kids usually get exponentially better in their second year.

Comment

• SM coming on but can he sustain/improve each game? Hope so. As for the juco guys - my
                advice to you is show you belong in practice and earn some PT. If you can't earn that PT
                this year it won't be getting any easier next

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  Lol ok now I understand! Sometimes I don't read so good. :)
                  You're alllllrrrright pipe n eye. You're alright. We're all alright!!!!

Heck...mommy's alright...daddy's alright!!!! Sorry a little Cheap Trick rock n' roll - '78 :)
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                    Still taking crow out my mouth... Shaq has had a nice stretch... And it really is hard to tell how this rotation plays out from game to game... Henderson has been getting minutes over Holland whom is non existent as of late.. But we can agree that the new jucoboys are packing their bags as we speak... Apologize if that offends anyone... Just what I'm seeing
                    There will be more PT available in the paint than the perimeter next year. Don't think we will lose two posts this off-season. Imagine if Lufile had left after his junior season.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Imagine if Lufile had left after his junior season.
                      Loose Seal. Loose Seal.
                      Always said that when he got a radio or tv mention.

Carry on.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I'm glad to see Shaq showing some attitude.

If Shaq is moving his lifestyle from unmotivated to motivated, having some attitude is generally a step in the right direction. Attitude leads to internal motivation, which is better than external motivation and can change external motivation from butt-chewings and punishments, to reinforcement of what the person already feels.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

You're alllllrrrright pipe n eye. You're alright. We're all alright!!!!

Heck...mommy's alright...daddy's alright!!!! Sorry a little Cheap Trick rock n' roll - '78 :)
                          Come on guys, this is Shocker Net, you're supposed to be at each other's throats, not gushing over one another. Geez, get a room! :loyal:

Comment

• In one respect, I feel bad for Glass...not much time left to make SOME kind of impression....

Comment

• Wiggins and Lufile barely saw the court their jr years. That said, we don't have room next year to bring back non-contributors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Wiggins and Lufile barely saw the court their jr years. That said, we don't have room next year to bring back non-contributors.
                                In the post we might. There's a lot of season left. Early in the season, a vocal contingent of this board was 100% convinced Wessel was going to graduate this year and not come back next year. After the Drake game, most people were willing to pay for Shaq's bus ticket out of town. We just don't know right now to make these guesses and start running people off the team.

You're exactly right that Lufile barely saw the court his junior season, but then you say we don't have room for non-contributors next season. But we DEFINITELY have room for a senior version of Lufile. And in Lufile's case, that meant bringing back a junior that saw little playing time.

Comment

Working...
                                X