No announcement yet.

ESPN TV Ratings for 2014/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted those numbers last year. I will find them and re-post them in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
      Not too shabby...but I wonder what the average viewership was last year on our 35-0 run??? Anybody have those numbers???
      Last year thru the Bradley game (which would be about the same time frame as this year so far), WSU had drawn 3.3 million viewers in just 8 games on the espn family of networks (espn2/espnU). That would be an average of 412,000 per game. So while the average was higher last year, the Shockers have been on national TV 5 more times this year, so the total number is higher this year (4.1 million vs. 3.3 million).

The biggest TV audiences last year (not counting ncaa tournament games) were the 3/1 game against Missouri St which drew 1.144 million viewers and the Valley Tournament Championship game on CBS which drew 1.4 million viewers (those are the only 2 games from last year's regular season that aren't included in the above numbers, the best numbers from last year that are inlcuded above was the Bradley game which drew 620,000 viewers).

It will be interesting to see how the ratings for this year's WSU/UNI game stack up against the WSU/MoST game of last year.
      Last edited by shox1989; February 22, 2015, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Actually those average numbers I posted above are kind of deceiving. When you take out the espnU games (which WSU has had 2 more this year) there is much less difference between this year and last year in average viewership. This year WSU has had 9 games on espn/espn2 for a total of 3.735 million viewers and an average of 415,000 per game. Last year at this time WSU had had 5 games on espn/espn2 for an average of 451,000 per game. When the Bradley game (2/25/14) is added to last year's numbers it brings last year's average up to 479,000 per game.
        Last edited by shox1989; February 22, 2015, 05:15 AM.

Comment

So your telling me that we had as many people watching us for one game than cretin has had for the entire year?. That move to the big yeast is working well for them.:)

Comment

Just a real quick update, I just saw the ratings for last week. The Evansville at WSU game had 189K viewers and ranked #5 on ESPNU for the week. That's the best numbers I've seen for a WSU game on ESPNU. It will be interesting to see our numbers for this weekend. I will try to update the chart and the averages sometime this weekend.

Go Shockers!
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
              Just a real quick update, I just saw the ratings for last week. The Evansville at WSU game had 189K viewers and ranked #5 on ESPNU for the week. That's the best numbers I've seen for a WSU game on ESPNU. It will be interesting to see our numbers for this weekend. I will try to update the chart and the averages sometime this weekend.

Go Shockers!
              Those are great numbers on the U. In fact the WSU-UE game outdrew the top college basketball game on FS1: 189K to 163K. It also outdrew the Utah at Oregon game which only drew 155K (the 2nd highest rated college basketball game on FS1). The top rated game last week on NBC Sports only drew 65K.

It is great to be on espn! GO SHOCKS!

Comment

The Wichita St-UNI game drew over 1 million viewers on Saturday. According to the Nielsen overnight ratings the game drew 1.137 million viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  The Wichita St-UNI game drew over 1 million viewers on Saturday. According to the Nielsen overnight ratings the game drew 1.137 million viewers.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...n-more/370029/
                  Well i guess the MVC isnt so second rate afterall

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                    Well i guess the MVC isnt so second rate afterall
                    Agree. When you put a quality product on the floor, people will watch it.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...n-more/370029/
                      WOW. That is a very, very impressive number.

I would be curious when the last time was, if ever, we drew that many viewers for a regular season game. I do not believe any of the Creighton games a few years ago came close.

Perhaps back in the old Game of the Week days before the proliferation of networks.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        WOW. That is a very, very impressive number.

I would be curious when the last time was, if ever, we drew that many viewers for a regular season game. I do not believe any of the Creighton games a few years ago came close.

Perhaps back in the old Game of the Week days before the proliferation of networks.
                        Home against SWOMO last year drew 1.144 million although that wasn't just your normal regular season game.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          Home against SWOMO last year drew 1.144 million although that wasn't just your normal regular season game.
                          For the last 2 years in a row, our last regular season game drew over 1 million viewers. That is pretty awesome!

Comment

Anyone know what ESPN GameDay drew?

Comment

So glad MVC works with ESPN rather then Fox.

When Fox signed the Big East Conference to fill college basketball slots on Fox Sports 1 during the winter, the network was hoping it would bring viewers and help to build the new network as the original Big East did in the early days of ESPN. Well so far, the numbers show that the Big Read more...

- A few quotes:

"Two Big East games on Fox proper (Providence-St. John’s in late January and Northwestern-Butler in December) have drawn fewer than 400,000 viewers, the lowest audiences ever for college basketball on broadcast television"

"Fox Sports 1 had games like St. John’s Providence last month average 48,000 viewers, DePaul-Creighton early in January garner an average of 77,000 and a Creighton-Georgetown game just after the New Year had 58,000 viewers."

"with small audiences, the Big East does not appear to be the draw that it used to be"

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
                                So glad MVC works with ESPN rather then Fox.

When Fox signed the Big East Conference to fill college basketball slots on Fox Sports 1 during the winter, the network was hoping it would bring viewers and help to build the new network as the original Big East did in the early days of ESPN. Well so far, the numbers show that the Big Read more...

- A few quotes:

"Two Big East games on Fox proper (Providence-St. John’s in late January and Northwestern-Butler in December) have drawn fewer than 400,000 viewers, the lowest audiences ever for college basketball on broadcast television"

"Fox Sports 1 had games like St. John’s Providence last month average 48,000 viewers, DePaul-Creighton early in January garner an average of 77,000 and a Creighton-Georgetown game just after the New Year had 58,000 viewers."

"with small audiences, the Big East does not appear to be the draw that it used to be"
                                And this is one of the reasons i would prefer a move to the AAC. Do what you can to keep our games on espn.
                                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                                X