Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    Anyone know what ESPN GameDay drew?
    I haven't seen any ratings for Game Day yet. Awful announcing.com should post those soon.

Comment

They are up now

Comment

I just checked awful announcing.com and they have the numbers of the WSU-UNI game and they match the earlier numbers posted. What I didn't see were any numbers for game day.

Comment

The UNI at WSU game was the 6th highest rated college basketball game on espn last week drawing 1.137 million viewers. It was the 13th highest rated program overall on espn. Those are very good numbers.

I hope the MVC is able to use these kind of good ratings to get even more MVC games on espn/espn2/espnU and more money as well. The Creighton at DePaul game during the same week drew 77,000 viewers on FS1. Cu gets $3.2 million annually for their tv games, WSU gets something like $100,000 for theirs. Something just doesn't seem right there.
          Last edited by shox1989; March 8, 2015, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Last year's WSU-Indy St MVC championship game on CBS drew 1.4 million viewers. It will be interesting to see how that compares to this years UNI-Illinois St game. I thought a WSU-UNI title game would have had a good chance to exceed last year's viewership.

Comment

GAME DAY at Wichita St drew 777K viewers (the later GAME DAY in NE Kansas drew 634K viewers). A lot of good attention to our state that day but the WSU-UNI game itself drew a much bigger audience of 1.137 million viewers.

The WSU-UNI basketball game was the 7th most watched sporting event/sports show on any channel that day, while the Wichita Game Day was the 12th highest rated sports show/ sports event watched that day. They show ratings for around 300 sporting events or shows on that day. Only 15 of those 300+ events drew over 700K viewers. And two of those 15 events were telecast from the roundhouse!

Source: http://sportstvratings.com/syracuse-...-28-2015/1634/
              Last edited by shox1989; April 3, 2015, 05:09 AM.

Comment

It sure would be nice if several 6'9" plus HS/JUCO talented centers, who are not projects, were amongst those that were watching as well.

Comment

Today's USA TODAY has last week's tv ratings. Our game against Notre Dame was the 26th highest rated show during prime time with 7 million viewers.
                  Last edited by shocker3; April 2, 2015, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Browsing through the rest of the ratings in the paper, only 2 games did better than ours. The Ky-WV game finished 20th with 8 million viewers and the Utah-Duke game was 23rd with 7.6 million viewers.

Other games: UCLA-Gonzaga 34th with 5.8 million viewers, No Carolina-Wisconsin 6.9 million viewers, Xavier-Arizona 4.6 million viewers, Michigan St-Oklahoma 4.5 million viewers, NC State-Louisville 4.3 million viewers.

Comment

I have had trouble finding tv ratings for the WSU ncaa tournament games. I did find the numbers for the round of 32 game against Ku. It was the highest rated game in the first 3 rounds of the tournament with a 6.94 rating and 9.9 million viewers. I still have not been able to find the Indiana game numbers yet and I did find the numbers for the Notre Dame game but i see they have already been posted.

This source lists the ratings numbers for the round of 32 weekend games: http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...1-22-2015.html

This source tells the number of viewers for the WSU-KU game and says that it was the highest viewed tournament game this year (the paragraphs about the WSU-KU game are at the very end of the article which is mostly about how football bowl games generally draw bigger tv ratings than ncaa basketball tournament games): http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/27/sp...ship.html?_r=0

And state bragging rights can turn into a television magnet for fans nationally. Take Wichita State’s 78-65 upset of Kansas that tipped off around 5 p.m. on Sunday. The game attracted 9.9 million viewers — the most for any tournament game, according to available data. Kansas, a state with a population of 2.9 million, cannot be responsible for all those viewers.
                      Last edited by shox1989; April 3, 2015, 01:49 AM.

Comment

I have had trouble finding tv ratings for the WSU ncaa tournament games. I did find the numbers for the round of 32 game against Ku. It was the highest rated game in the first 3 rounds of the tournament with a 6.96 rating and 9.9 million viewers. I still have not been able to find the Indiana game numbers yet and I did find the numbers for the Notre Dame game but i see they have already been posted.

This source lists the ratings numbers for the round of 32 weekend games: http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...1-22-2015.html

This source tells the number of viewers for the WSU-KU game and says that it was the highest viewed tournament game this year (the paragraphs about the WSU-KU game are at the very end of the article which is mostly about how football bowl games generally draw bigger tv ratings than ncaa basketball tournament games): http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/27/sp...ship.html?_r=0

And state bragging rights can turn into a television magnet for fans nationally. Take Wichita State’s 78-65 upset of Kansas that tipped off around 5 p.m. on Sunday. The game attracted 9.9 million viewers — the most for any tournament game, according to available data. Kansas, a state with a population of 2.9 million, cannot be responsible for all those viewers.

Comment

This is all great info and I appreciate you all pulling it together.

Now that we are done, could someone pull all results into a cumulative number to show how many folks had eyes on us this year?

With the new contract for HCGM, I'm also curious to see how much revenue, if any extra, this could generate if we are able to get some larger neutral site 'made for/by ESPN' games. Or am I way off base?

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                            I have had trouble finding tv ratings for the WSU ncaa tournament games. I did find the numbers for the round of 32 game against Ku. It was the highest rated game in the first 3 rounds of the tournament with a 6.94 rating and 9.9 million viewers. I still have not been able to find the Indiana game numbers yet and I did find the numbers for the Notre Dame game but i see they have already been posted.

But according to Flagship fans, there is no national interest for such a game/series. It's just a local draw primarily driven by WSU fans.

LOL. Oooops
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              But according to Flagship fans, there is no national interest for such a game/series. It's just a local draw primarily driven by WSU fans.

LOL. Oooops
                              I missed the part where that beatdown was an upset. But I guess I actually watched both teams play a few games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                I missed the part where that beatdown was an upset. But I guess I actually watched both teams play a few games this year.
                                Good catch. Kinda hard for it to be an upset when Vegas had WSU at -1.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X