ESPN TV Ratings for 2014/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    I missed the part where that beatdown was an upset. But I guess I actually watched both teams play a few games this year.
    LOL, yes... I fairly well predicted how that game was going to go, in advance, except that I didn't expect Wessel to make so many 3's.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      But according to Flagship fans, there is no national interest for such a game/series. It's just a local draw primarily driven by WSU fans.

LOL. Oooops
      2 things.
      1. Facts are hard. I guess they lost that argument when the facts came out.
      2. You are telling me that largest audience so far in the tournament got to watch WSU embarass the KU narrative in a game that really mattered?

:)

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
        2 things.
        1. Facts are hard. I guess they lost that argument when the facts came out.
        2. You are telling me that largest audience so far in the tournament got to watch WSU embarass the KU narrative in a game that really mattered?

:)
        Easily my favorite part of that whole thing is that although KU fans still spew hate on every WSU-related thing, the difference now is that the entire country knows how stupid they are for doing so.

Comment

Pretty cool that the most intriguing games in the tournament each of the past two years (according to viewership and media outlets) have been Wichita State games.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
            Pretty cool that the most intriguing games in the tournament each of the past two years (according to viewership and media outlets) have been Wichita State games.
            And even better now that we won one of them.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by Remember'70 View Post
              This is all great info and I appreciate you all pulling it together.

Now that we are done, could someone pull all results into a cumulative number to show how many folks had eyes on us this year?

With the new contract for HCGM, I'm also curious to see how much revenue, if any extra, this could generate if we are able to get some larger neutral site 'made for/by ESPN' games. Or am I way off base?
              I will do that as soon as I (or someone else) finds the TV ratings for the Indiana game. That is the only game we are missing TV ratings for.

Comment

The total number of tv viewers for the 15 regular season WSU games shown on the espn family of networks is 5,428,000. When you include the KU-WSU and WSU-UND games from the ncaa tournament the total grows to 22,328,000 for the 17 games. These numbers do not include the Indiana game (I haven't been able to find numbers yet for that game).

If you include the 777,000 that watched game day from the roundhouse the total grows to over 23 million (23,105,000).

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  Last year's WSU-Indy St MVC championship game on CBS drew 1.4 million viewers. It will be interesting to see how that compares to this years UNI-Illinois St game. I thought a WSU-UNI title game would have had a good chance to exceed last year's viewership.
                  I found the tv ratings for this years MVC tournament championship game. It drew 1.267 million viewers. Less than the Indy St- WSU game last year, but still decent numbers. For comparison, the 2015 nBE title game between Villanova and Xavier drew 414,000 viewers. http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2015...ounced-by-acc/

I wonder how many viewers a WSU-UNI game would have drawn.?
                  Last edited by shox1989; April 20, 2015, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks @shox1989: and @Shocker-maniac: for providing all the data in this thread throughout the season. Very interesting stuff...remarkable how much visibility our fine school has received these last few years.

Comment

Working...
                    X