No announcement yet.

Gregg Marshall letter to WSU students.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg Marshall letter to WSU students.

I was one of the first to mention the lack of bodies in the student section for the game against Tulsa. Well, apparently coach noticed as well.

Hope the students step up their game.
    Attached Files

Good for him! When the community as a whole is clamoring for a seat, and willing to separate themselves from a nice chunk of their earnings in order to make that happen, seeing a section of CKA only 3/4 full where the tickets are essentially free is stupefying. Save me the holiday weekend thing. It was a holiday weekend for everyone - student and non-student - and something like 2/3rds of our student body is from the Wichita metro.

I'm probably a broken record on this concept, but the current student ticket system needs to be retired somehow in favor for their own season ticket package system - like most other schools do.

Comment

Our coach sure cares. Like about EVERYTHING!!! He wants the absolute BEST for Wichita St. in every way possible!!! No wonder he was National Coach of the Year last season. Attention to details...attention to details!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Couldn't agree more. As a student who struggles to even get tickets because they sell out so fast, it infuriates me that the seats don't fill up. If you can't go, hand off your tickets to someone else. And don't ask for money for them. Jerks

Comment

Phi, it pisses me off as well. I've twice had to pay for student guest tickets so far because school did not allow me to be there right at 8:30 to pick up regular student seats. Yet, dumbasses will stand out in the cold to scoop them up, and then don't use them. I don't give a Damn if you were gone for thanksgiving break or not- get them to somebody who wants to use them.

Comment

Isn't part of the problem that WSU hands out multiple tickets per person?
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
              Isn't part of the problem that WSU hands out multiple tickets per person?
              Not for free. Student gets one freebie per student ID. They can buy additional tickets but they have a normal GA face value I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                Not for free. Student gets one freebie per student ID. They can buy additional tickets but they have a normal GA face value I believe.
                Gotcha. Thought they said during the Talk Angry podcast that students were able to pick up something like four tickets at once.
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                  Gotcha. Thought they said during the Talk Angry podcast that students were able to pick up something like four tickets at once.
                  I think what they meant by that was that when the WSU ticket office releases tickets they do it in batches of several games, so the 3 or 4 or whatever tickets the student picks up are singles for that many games.

Comment

Might be reffering to games, way back when, if you asked for tickets to one game, they would just gove you one to every game available whether you asked or not. Not sure if thats still the case

Comment

Good for him! When the community as a whole is clamoring for a seat, and willing to separate themselves from a nice chunk of their earnings in order to make that happen, seeing a section of CKA only 3/4 full where the tickets are essentially free is stupefying. Save me the holiday weekend thing. It was a holiday weekend for everyone - student and non-student - and something like 2/3rds of our student body is from the Wichita metro.

I'm probably a broken record on this concept, but the current student ticket system needs to be retired somehow in favor for their own season ticket package system - like most other schools do.
                      Could there be any better example of human behavior when they don't have any skin in the game?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Could there be any better example of human behavior when they don't have any skin in the game?
                        If you don't earn something you don't appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
                          Again, will some one post where this is originally at. I can't find this anywhere on the wsu social media
                          Maybe student email or something.

Comment

Totally agree. I went to WSU in the 90's (don't need to tell you what a "joyous" time that was) and I STILL went to games. This is an historic time in Shocker basketball. I would not want to be a student who looked back and said, "I had a chance to go to the BB games of a top-10 program in the country...and didn't". No reason that section should not be filled with rabid fans every home game

Comment

I think what they meant by that was that when the WSU ticket office releases tickets they do it in batches of several games, so the 3 or 4 or whatever tickets the student picks up are singles for that many games.
                              I'd still imagine that can have a negative impact on attendance. A lot can come up four games out.

Comment

Working...
                              X