Arch Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    Marshall won the regular season and conference tourney in his first season; Jacobson in his third.

I'm willing to say they are both better and will always be better.
    I'm not saying they're not, but it's not like either Marshall or Jacobson had to deal with two top 15 teams in their conference in their third year. Both coaches were in one bid leagues at that point. A second round NIT exit for Creighton was Jacobson's biggest competition, and Marshall's isn't even worth mentioning.

You know that's an unfair comparison.

I'm willing to bet this IlSt team wins the 2008-09 MVC. The MVC champion that year was a 12 seed. This year both UNI and WSU will be top 6 seeds even if UNI lost this game.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• What's the crowd look like? I made it all the way back to Beto Junction before I remembered there was a game.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Illinois State spent halftime in Alaska
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
          I really hope there aren't ISUr fans out there complaining about these after their players' flopping against Evansville
          Oh no doubt, IlSt is just as bad. Their three flops in the final thirty seconds of their last game against UNI were hilarious.

But it's still pretty obvious UNI players are launching themselves.
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            It's probably because Illinois State scored five points in 12 minutes.

If Illinois State did that against us in the second half, we would have won regardless of our shooting.
            They did do that yesterday. Unfortunately, it was in the first half..
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I'm not saying they're not, but it's not like either Marshall or Jacobson had to deal with two top 15 teams in their conference in their third year. Both coaches were in one bid leagues at that point. A second round NIT exit for Creighton was Jacobson's biggest competition, and Marshall's isn't even worth mentioning.

You know that's an unfair comparison.

I'm willing to bet this IlSt team wins the 2008-09 MVC. The MVC champion that year was a 12 seed. This year both UNI and WSU will be top 6 seeds even if UNI lost this game.
              Let me just say this: If Marshall or Jacboson is coaching their (ISUr) roster, they would have better results.

Is that a "fair" comparison? ;)
              The Assman

Comment

• We should root for UNI to win. I can see the committee wanting to limit it to 2 valley teams and leaving us out.
                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Let me just say this: If Marshall or Jacboson is coaching their (ISUr) roster, they would have better results.

Is that a "fair" comparison? ;)
                  Marshall in his third year at Winthrop or Marshall the 17-year head coach vet?

One of those is a "fair" comparison, one isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                    We should root for UNI to win. I can see the committee wanting to limit it to 2 valley teams and leaving us out.
                    Calm down.

Comment

When a team like ISUr is hitting all their shots, they can win (proven yesterday).

However, the difference between a team like ISUr a team like UNI/WSU is BBIQ. That comes down to coaching.

Jacobson and 3Gs >>>> Muller.
                      Jacobson & 3G are better coaches than Muller ... RIGHT NOW, but don't get it twisted, Muller can coach his ass off. I'm looking forward to seeing what Muller does with this young team & how we might have another annual, formidable opponent.
                      Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

• Originally posted by small tyme baller View Post
                        Jacobson & 3G are better coaches than Muller ... RIGHT NOW, but don't get it twisted, Muller can coach his ass off. I'm looking forward to seeing what Muller does with this young team & how we might have another annual, formidable opponent.
                        It's not that he's bad/good. It's more HCBJ and HCGM are exceptional.
                        The Assman

Comment

Marshall in his third year at Winthrop or Marshall the 17-year head coach vet?

One of those is a "fair" comparison, one isn't.
                          Both :)
                          The Assman

Comment

• Well, add another year to the Redturd NCAA drought. There's always next year, Turd fans.

Comment

Both :)
                              I'm a huge Marshall fan, but I seriously doubt he was good enough as a third year coach at Winthrop to take a team loaded with under-classmen and do much better than Muller has. Best case scenario, maybe he wins another game or two, maybe.

IlSt's biggest problem is lack of experience. Both from the coach and the legion of sophomores on the court.

Comment

• I'm sad that the MVC doesn't get a third team in.

I'm happy that Illinois State fans don't get to enjoy the tourney. Too many d-bags on their forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X