Coach on Jim Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love our coach! 3G 3G 3G!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
      If you like Rome, fantastic. Enjoy his show. I wish the guy nothing but the best.

I just feel like I've outgrown his schtick. It has been the same since the 90s. It hasn't been the repetitiveness that killed it for me so much as the increased pompousness over the years. I just can't be bothered to listen.

But I'm obviously in the minority as I understand his numbers in Wichita continue to do well. So more power to him.
      I agree. He has become a caricature of himself. It is too bad as he is a great interviewer.
      On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

is there a way to listen to it without signing up on his site?

Comment

Rome: What about VanVleet? Have you ever had a more competitive guy than him?

Marshall: I don't think so. I'm as competitive as 99% of people in the world and Fred is in the other 1%, he doesn't want to lose any drill, any day in practice... Ron Baker's not too far behind him. It was beautiful in the fall, ROMIE, I would have these guys compete against each other in practice, very rarely did I put them together because it was simply unfair to the young guys...When they play the game, they're like one mind. When Fred's penetrating, it's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area and Fred'll find him and

IT'S STRAIGHT CASH, HOMIE

Comment

Awesome interview all the way around, from interviewer to interviewee.

Amateurs like Jeff ******* should take notes.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
              is there a way to listen to it without signing up on his site?
              I didn't have to sign up?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Here it is on the kfh site.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                  http://media.kfhradio.com/device/mobile/

Here it is on the kfh site.
                  Thanks! Glad you posted this because I wasn't going to pay the monthly fee on Rome's site to listen to one segment. Great interview!

Comment

Anyone know if Cessna is a sponsor of Wichita State?

With all the "private jet" talk that goes on, you think by now they would have wanted to be the "Official Jet of Gregg Marshall."

"Yeah, Rome. When I want to visit a recruit, I hop on a Cessna Citation X and can hit 2-3 recruits and be home in time for dinner with Lynn"

Comment

Don't have to pay to listen

Comment

If you do, open a private browsing window and should work

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          http://jimrome.com/2014/12/02/gregg-marshall/

N
                          ice interview. That link also has some older HCGM interviews too
                          Extra nice.

Thanks, J.D.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Awesome interview all the way around, from interviewer to interviewee.

Amateurs like Jeff ******* should take notes.
                            That is a huge assumption.
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              I've often wondered if the challenge to win a NC at Wichita State is more appealing than getting the keys to a blue chip program.

If you've restored a classic car, put in all the effort, beefed it up, polished the chrome and stitched the interior yourself, wouldn't you want to shove it up the ass of that kid that drives the sports car his daddy bought for him?
                              Yes, yes I would. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                                Anyone know if Cessna is a sponsor of Wichita State?

With all the "private jet" talk that goes on, you think by now they would have wanted to be the "Official Jet of Gregg Marshall."

"Yeah, Rome. When I want to visit a recruit, I hop on a Cessna Citation X and can hit 2-3 recruits and be home in time for dinner with Lynn"
                                I used to work at Cessna in headquarters and contracts area of cessna and from what i heard or didn't hear was nothing of gregg marshall using it. I thought it was a booster paying or something.

I thought he left from Yingling too. (which ironically I worked there years ago)

We had peyton manning in flying in Cessna's and some nascar guys among others

Comment

Working...
                                X