No announcement yet.

Coach on Jim Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've decided that in an homage to Randy Moss and now Marshalls Jim Rome interview, Student Section needs to replace "You still suck....balls" with "Straight Trash Homey" after a missed free throw.
    ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
    www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

I used to listen to Rome's show waaaaaaaay back in the early 90's. Man did he rub me wrong when I first starting listening. Took a few months off....tried him again ...and I was hooked. A few years though and I did (like a lot of you guys) get tired of it. Then I tried it again probably mid 2000's. After a few years of listening again I grew tired of him again. Then in the early 2010's I started up again. Then got tired of him again. Now in 2014....I start listening to him AGAIN....and I still SUCK!!!!!! Lol
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

http://jimrome.com/2014/12/02/gregg-marshall/

N
        ice interview. That link also has some older HCGM interviews too

Comment

There's NOTHING not to love in that interview.

One thing often lost when glorifying Gregg's many talents and achievements.....what he's done for the city of Wichita and how's he's actively sold ALL OF US is truly amazing and you'd be hard pressed to put a $ sign on that.

WEEEELLLLLLL into the 7 figures.

Comment

"He absolutely can win a National Championship right where he's at." AMEN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              There's NOTHING not to love in that interview.

One thing often lost when glorifying Gregg's many talents and achievements.....what he's done for the city of Wichita and how's he's actively sold ALL OF US is truly amazing and you'd be hard pressed to put a $ sign on that.

WEEEELLLLLLL into the 7 figures.
              Gregg has probably generated that in new Shocker gear sales alone. ;)
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Excellent interview.

Comment

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                    "He absolutely can win a National Championship right where he's at." AMEN!!!
                    One thing that may very well be driving 3G is to prove that you can win a National Championship at a Non-P5 school and, by golly, he is going to prove it. And once he proves it he will stay around until he wins a 2nd just to make sure Gottlube and Goodnuts don't claim the 1st one was a fluke.

Comment

I've often wondered if the challenge to win a NC at Wichita State is more appealing than getting the keys to a blue chip program.

If you've restored a classic car, put in all the effort, beefed it up, polished the chrome and stitched the interior yourself, wouldn't you want to shove it up the ass of that kid that drives the sports car his daddy bought for him?
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Man...this coach has some memorable soundbites, but this might take the cake.
                        #STRAIGHTCASHHOMIE
                        "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                        Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

What a great interview.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                            Man...this coach has some memorable soundbites, but this might take the cake.
                            #STRAIGHTCASHHOMIE
                            Randy Moss
                            β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                            -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                              Great interview! Straight cash, homie.
                              What is the context of this quote?
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                                What is the context of this quote?
                                Coach said it in the interview with Rome today when speaking about FVV and Baker. It appears that he was using his inner Randy Moss.
                                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X