Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach on Jim Rome

Tuesday Dec 2nd

Oh man. I love the Jim Rome show. I loved Jim and Gregg's banter last year when he was brought on to the show. I assume this is for his Radio Show?

Comment

If you like Rome, fantastic. Enjoy his show. I wish the guy nothing but the best.

I just feel like I've outgrown his schtick. It has been the same since the 90s. It hasn't been the repetitiveness that killed it for me so much as the increased pompousness over the years. I just can't be bothered to listen.

But I'm obviously in the minority as I understand his numbers in Wichita continue to do well. So more power to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
        If you like Rome, fantastic. Enjoy his show. I wish the guy nothing but the best.

I just feel like I've outgrown his schtick. It has been the same since the 90s. It hasn't been the repetitiveness that killed it for me so much as the increased pompousness over the years. I just can't be bothered to listen.

But I'm obviously in the minority as I understand his numbers in Wichita continue to do well. So more power to him.
        So you're not a clone, I out grew/stopped listening to sports talk several years back when I purchased a car with satellite radio. I have an old 1994 4x4 farm truck that I drive a couple of times each week. It doesn't have SiriusXM and I keep its radio tuned to one of the sports talk channels. Of course when a fine fellow Shockernetter post a link about the Shocks I always listen and will tune in for certain to hear HCGM.

Go Shocks!
        β€œLosers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
          So you're not a clone, I out grew/stopped listening to sports talk several years back when I purchased a car with satellite radio. I have an old 1994 4x4 farm truck that I drive a couple of times each week. It doesn't have SiriusXM and I keep its radio tuned to one of the sports talk channels. Of course when a fine fellow Shockernetter post a link about the Shocks I always listen and will tune in for certain to hear HCGM.

Go Shocks!
          You do realize there is plenty of Sports ,,and Sports Talk on Sirius /Xm right? Or have you just not gotten above channel 60 yet LOL ?
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post

Rack him!

Comment

Not a Jim Rome guy, but I have listened to every interview he has done with a Shocker from Turg during the Sweet 16 to HCGM, Mal, and Baker more recently and I can say that Jim has been nothing but complementary to our program. In fact, he has gone out of his way to say how much he loves the Shockers.
              β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
              -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
                You do realize there is plenty of Sports ,,and Sports Talk on Sirius /Xm right? Or have you just not gotten above channel 60 yet LOL ?
                I do but I prefer local sports talk rather than national. Now I listen to jazz or Bloomberg. Yes, I am a geek/nerd.
                β€œLosers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

"I don't think you will call me Chris anymore." :highly_amused:

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I bet I do...Chris.
                    β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                      Not a Jim Rome guy, but I have listened to every interview he has done with a Shocker from Turg during the Sweet 16 to HCGM, Mal, and Baker more recently and I can say that Jim has been nothing but complementary to our program. In fact, he has gone out of his way to say how much he loves the Shockers.
                      When Rome is taking the interview seriously, which he does 99% of the time, he's one of the best interviewers out there. His ability to ask the right questions, while allowing his guests to seem to just have a conversation with Jim instead of having information pried is very very good. He also does a good job, or hires the right people who do a great job at fact checking. I feel like he's never come at WSU without having his facts straight.

The only thing that rubs me the wrong way with him is his stop-start way of speaking.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                        The only thing that rubs me the wrong way with him is his stop-start way of speaking.
                        He often pauses for long stretches. If you flip to the station he is on, often times you wonder if your volume is down or the station is off the air, only to wait a few more seconds and then hear him start talking again.
                        -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Rome is a prikk.

Comment

anyone have any idea at what time the interview is?
                            Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              When Rome is taking the interview seriously, which he does 99% of the time, he's one of the best interviewers out there. His ability to ask the right questions, while allowing his guests to seem to just have a conversation with Jim instead of having information pried is very very good. He also does a good job, or hires the right people who do a great job at fact checking. I feel like he's never come at WSU without having his facts straight.

Staccato.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                              X