Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orlando Classic (Now the Advocare Invitational)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sets up for three good games.

One would think that Notre Dame, Wichita State and Xavier will win their first games with the Dayton/Iowa game being a toss up.

I'll go with a lineup of USC, Xavier then Notre Dame in the championship game. Should be fun!!

Comment

USC? Time for some revenge for what they did to us in Vegas.

Comment

How did they come up with these opponents? Were the teams seeded?

Comment

Its now the AdvoCare Invitational.

The ESPN Events Invitational is an early-season Division 1 college basketball tournament played each November at ESPN Wide World of Sports in Kissimmee, Florida.

When do we get to play in the AmWay Classic?

Comment

For those that have booked rooms already (and thus not doing the Anthony Travel package), are you just going to buy single game or all session tickets when they become available through Ticketmaster? Will you buy them all ahead of time or on-site ahead of each game?

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              How did they come up with these opponents? Were the teams seeded?
              Yes, the tournament organizers seed the tournament to set up the match-ups. In this scenario the seeds were as follows:

1- Notre Dame
              2- Wichita State
              3- Xavier
              4- Dayton
              5- Iowa
              6- Alabama
              7- USC
              8- Monmouth

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                Its now the AdvoCare Invitational.

The ESPN Events Invitational is an early-season Division 1 college basketball tournament played each November at ESPN Wide World of Sports in Kissimmee, Florida.

When do we get to play in the AmWay Classic?
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Matchups are as follows:

Winner of WSU vs USC plays winner of Xavier vs Alabama.

Winner of Notre Dame vs Monmouth plays winner of Dayton vs Iowa.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

For those that have booked rooms already (and thus not doing the Anthony Travel package), are you just going to buy single game or all session tickets when they become available through Ticketmaster? Will you buy them all ahead of time or on-site ahead of each game?
                    I have a VRBO condo reserved, flights scheduled and rental car reserved. Last I checked game tickets were not yet available, but I'm thinking of going the all- session route. I'm not even sure if there is a designated Shocker section in the arena or not. We are staying a couple of extra days to do the touristy stuff, so plan to see a lot of hoops.

Comment

I added the new name to the thread title so people can start getting accustomed to seeing "AdvoCare Invitational."
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
                        I have a VRBO condo reserved, flights scheduled and rental car reserved. Last I checked game tickets were not yet available, but I'm thinking of going the all- session route. I'm not even sure if there is a designated Shocker section in the arena or not. We are staying a couple of extra days to do the touristy stuff, so plan to see a lot of hoops.
                        I received an email today stating travel packages are on sale and tickets would be available to buy separately, however, the link only gives access to buy Disney World tickets. I booked a room on a vacation rental site and plan on driving so looking for tickets only. Saw Dayton fans have access to buy via this link https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/dayton/EN/buy/quickbuy/397

Does anyone have the inside scoop on tickets yet? Will they all be general admission?

Edit: I started reading reviews from tournaments in years past and folks are stating they were general admission. This is good as I don't have to worry about buying seats in the wrong section.
                        Last edited by Ta Town Shocker; July 27, 2015, 10:31 PM.
                        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

It is general admission seating.

Comment

Last time we were there we went and it was as said before general admission. We didn't buy who session tix and probably won't do that this time either. Seating wasn't hard to come by. Fans usually gathered behind their team's bench. We sat across to get much closer seating. Was a good time with good people. We were up and coming during our last trip and everyone recognized that. Lots of compliments from other teams fans. We're the big dog of this tournament this year. Should be fun!

Comment

The link that WSU sent out on the package deal is not complete. You need to access Sunflower travel. It looks like charter jet is half the cost and almost 1.000 is room, tickets, ground transportation and a two day pass to Wally world. Last time we flew on our own and took the ground package. Fun time and a nice place to stay. Seeing the other teams in street clothes lets you appreciate how really big they are. I decided this year to fly and make my own arrangements for hotel. I am looking at the optional Thanksgiving day meal with the team. Should be a great time. I think I started posting on SN during our first trip to the Old Spice Classic. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                The link that WSU sent out on the package deal is not complete. You need to access Sunflower travel. It looks like charter jet is half the cost and almost 1.000 is room, tickets, ground transportation and a two day pass to Wally world. Last time we flew on our own and took the ground package. Fun time and a nice place to stay. Seeing the other teams in street clothes lets you appreciate how really big they are. I decided this year to fly and make my own arrangements for hotel. I am looking at the optional Thanksgiving day meal with the team. Should be a great time. I think I started posting on SN during our first trip to the Old Spice Classic. LOL
                                Can you please share the link? I signed up for emails from the event's website, but haven't received anything. Thanksgiving meal with the team sounds very interesting. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X