Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orlando Classic (Now the Advocare Invitational)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
    Neither. Wasn't trying to say they are bad. Just not great. WSU is great right now and I wish WSU could play some great teams now and again.
    I get the feeling that day is real close. We've been getting these nice tournaments the last decade (which is GREAT for recruiting btw)....but you're right....as a fan...I wanna see Wichita St. with Michigan, Duke, Arizona, Gonzaga, North Carolina, UCLA and such in these early tourny's.

Hmmmm....wait....as I'm typing this maybe I don't. Maybe it is better to catch them off-guard in March.

Yeah here goes....Hypothetically...say we beat a Michigan in an early season tourney. Should we draw a team from the Big 10 in March ....those teams would probably have a very good scouting report on us and have us "sized up" pretty good. Or if we beat say an Arizona early on...all the Pac-12 teams would "know us" should we meet a UCLA in March. Damn-it....I gotta think about this now. I was just about to go to bed. Let me get back to you on that.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      Neither. Wasn't trying to say they are bad. Just not great. WSU is great right now and I wish WSU could play some great teams now and again.
      Call Bill on speed dial and set it up.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

There's a claim on twitter that "per a source", Monmouth is the last team in.

Josh Newman @Joshua_Newman
        Per source, Monmouth had been added to the field for the 2015 Orlando Classic. MAAC has a tie-in for the event, Monmouth is the team in
        The guy is a sports reporter in the northeast.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Dang. :cry:

Comment

Once they realize that DePaul is NOT in the field, they will correct their error and remove Monmouth!
            The Assman

Comment

Wouldn't be great, at least at first glance. Monmouth has averaged an RPI of 270 over the past 3 seasons. But who knows, maybe the MAAC feels that they will be decent the next year or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

The guy is a sports reporter in the northeast.

Revenge time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Wouldn't be great, at least at first glance. Monmouth has averaged an RPI of 270 over the past 3 seasons. But who knows, maybe the MAAC feels that they will be decent the next year or 2.
                  Better than half the MVC :)

Comment

Ugh. First world problems as the likely 1 seed.

Comment

Wanting to remind folks about this event as it's not too early to start booking travel. I booked a condo via airbnb several weeks back for a very reasonable price. I suggest checking out homeaway or some of the other vacation rental sites as there are plenty of great options to choose from. At the very least it's a good excuse to not have to spend Thanksgiving with the in-laws.
                      Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                        Wanting to remind folks about this event as it's not too early to start booking travel. I booked a condo via airbnb several weeks back for a very reasonable price. I suggest checking out homeaway or some of the other vacation rental sites as there are plenty of great options to choose from. At the very least it's a good excuse to not have to spend Thanksgiving with the in-laws.
                        www.vrbo.com
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Booked our stay this week! With Alabama and all the coaching fun we had with them and a chance to get a rematch with Notre Dame it should be a fun one.

Its amazing to see the difference a few years makes. Last time we were in this tournament people were telling me after the Georgetown loss that we had a lot of potential because we kept it close. This should be one of the top tournaments next year and I can't wait to cheer on the Shox in Disneyworld!

If you haven't been to the area and want to stay closer to the Disney property there are a number of hotels in the Downtown Disney area that offer many of the amenities the the Disney resorts offer at a lower cost. If you want to stay on property please know that there is a large variety of price ranges for their hotels (from the Value resorts to 3 bedroom condos that will sleep 12). If you have the time, get there the weekend before the tournament as the crowds are much lower. Most importantly wear your Shocker gear proud! We always get lots of compliments when we do. Only 7 short months away!

Comment

I have to talk my husband into this. Might mean cooking Thanksgiving dinner a few days early.

Comment

Notre Dame vs Monmouth
                              Dayton-Iowa

Xavier-Alabama
                              Wichita State-USC

Round 2 is winners versus winners

Source: CBS Sports
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                                Notre Dame vs Monmouth
                                Dayton-Iowa

Xavier-Alabama
                                Wichita State-USC

Round 2 is winners versus winners

Source: CBS Sports
                                I like it. We shouldn't have any chance of playing Monmouth, so we will get 3 opponents from solid conferences, which will help the overal SoS ratings (opponents' opponents portion). Ideally, after getting revenge on USC for whatever the hell happened in Vegas in 2006, we would ideally get Xavier and Notre Dame, though Dayton could be a good opponent as well. It will be a challenge, but this is a very winnable tournament.

Is Alabama the new DePaul? The Tide could still be decent, but I would rather get Xavier.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X