Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orlando Classic (Now the Advocare Invitational)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando Classic (Now the Advocare Invitational)

@OrlandoClassic: JUST IN: Field for #OrlandoClassic15: Alabama, Dayton, Iowa, Notre Dame, Southern Cal, Wichita St, Xavier http://twitter.com/OrlandoClassic/st...253120/photo/1
    In the fast lane

Solid across the board.

I keep seeing these tournament announcements and thinking "Why can't we get one with a Top 10 team like the other big tournaments?"

And then I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
      @OrlandoClassic: JUST IN: Field for #OrlandoClassic15: Alabama, Dayton, Iowa, Notre Dame, Southern Cal, Wichita St, Xavier http://twitter.com/OrlandoClassic/st...253120/photo/1
      Can't be as DePaul isn't in the tournament.

Comment

2015 Orlando Classic

EDIT: Mods, feel free to delete or morph into other thread.

Majority of the field for next Thanksgiving's Orlando Classic have been announced. Not any sexy names, but it looks to be a solid field, capable of some quality-win opportunities for the good guys.

Orlando Classic – Nov. 26, 27 & 29
        The Orlando Classic, held at HP Field House at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex near Orlando, Fla., will feature Alabama, Dayton, Iowa, Notre Dame, Southern California, Wichita State, Xavier and a team to be named at a future date.

• Dayton, Iowa, Wichita State and Xavier all earned 2014 NCAA Championship berths.
        • Dayton advance to the Elite Eight and Wichita State made an appearance in the third round, while Iowa and Xavier played in First Four games.
        • Wichita State stands at No. 11 in the Associated Press poll (Nov. 17), while Dayton, Iowa and Notre Dame all received votes.
        • Additional information, including travel packages, can be found on the Orlando Classic website
        78-65

Comment

As I read, first seeing Alabama (who we've played several times), I saw the D and I my mind started playing games.....DePaul,DePaul, DePaul. :disgust:

What a relief it was Dayton. :biggrin-new:

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            As I read, first seeing Alabama (who we've played several times), I saw the D and I my mind started playing games.....DePaul,DePaul, DePaul. :disgust:

What a relief it was Dayton. :biggrin-new:
            I believe we have played Iowa twice in the last five years as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
              I think they're sick and tired of us beating the crap out of them.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

There's still one team yet to be announced. Could be DePaul. The odds are 1 in about 350. So yes, I'm saying there's a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  There's still one team yet to be announced. Could be DePaul. The odds are 1 in about 350. So yes, I'm saying there's a chance!
                  My keyboard, monitor, and possibly Orlando, would not survive.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    the odds are even better than that ,,You forgot to subtract the teams already in and also those confirmed in other exempt tourny's
                    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Fellow Big East mate Xavier is already in, so I wouldn't worry about DePaul.

The Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference is the host for this event, so I would expect that someone from that conference will be the eighth team. Siena was a good name when we played in this event last time (as they were pretty good at the time), but there is no name on the list now that jumps out at me. Manhattan was the conference champion last year.
                      78-65

Comment

It's going to be DePaul. Just get over it now before the announcement comes and it will be much easier to deal with. We are going to be in a tournament with DePaul, Iowa and Alabama.

We might as well just make a new conference with WSU, DePaul, Iowa, Alabama, and Tulsa because we already play them every year. Throw in VCU, the best 3 teams in the Valley and last but not least...Newman. There you have it.
                        Last edited by Dave Stalwart; November 20, 2014, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                          Hey, heart -- look more closely at what trop passed along. There are only seven teams listed. Unless someone's getting a bye, DePaul probably already has their plane tickets to be the eighth.

Comment

What's locked in for next year's schedule so far?

vs. Utah
                            @ St. Louis
                            @ Seton Hall
                            @ Tulsa
                            Orlando Classic x3

That's 7 of 12 OOC games that are already locked in unless I'm forgetting someone. Any others?

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                              What's locked in for next year's schedule so far?

vs. Utah
                              @ St. Louis
                              @ Seton Hall
                              @ Tulsa
                              Orlando Classic x3

That's 7 of 12 OOC games that are already locked in unless I'm forgetting someone. Any others?
                              New Mexico State at Home

Comment

Working...
                              X