Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orlando Classic (Now the Advocare Invitational)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    What's locked in for next year's schedule so far?

vs. Utah
    @ St. Louis
    @ Seton Hall
    @ Tulsa
    Orlando Classic x3

That's 7 of 12 OOC games that are already locked in unless I'm forgetting someone. Any others?
    So who do you want in, in a perfect world??? I want a series with Nebraska, with Colorado and The 'Ville.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      New Mexico State at Home
      Nice, good catch.

8 of 12 games already locked down, and none of those are fluff. Oughtta be a pretty good slate.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
        So who do you want in, in a perfect world??? I want a series with Nebraska, with Colorado and The 'Ville.
        I want a home and home with Gonzaga. That needs to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
          I want a home and home with Gonzaga. That needs to happen.
          IBA. Make it happen.

Comment

I'd love a H-H with Colorado. Call it the Border War since KU won't play Mizzou. Hell, schedule Mizzou and we'll take KU's place in their Border War for them.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              I'd love a H-H with Colorado. Call it the Border War since KU won't play Mizzou. Hell, schedule Mizzou and we'll take KU's place in their Border War for them.
              I'm all for it. Although, I think UMKC already got on it, and they won the first meeting in that new, heated rivalry of evenly matched programs.

Comment

I don't know who all is already committed to an MTE next year, but I'm going to predict the eighth team will be either be a bottom feeder Big 12 team like TCU or Texas Tech, St. Mary's, or someone from the MWC.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  The Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference is the host for this event, so I would expect that someone from that conference will be the eighth team. Siena was a good name when we played in this event last time (as they were pretty good at the time), but there is no name on the list now that jumps out at me. Manhattan was the conference champion last year.
                  This is the correct answer. It'll be someone from the MAAC. Siena or Manhattan would be "OK". Not sure about the current status of that league.

Comment

I would love a home and home vs VCU. I think that would be a natural rivalry.
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                      It's going to be DePaul. Just get over it now before the announcement comes and it will be much easier to deal with. We are going to be in a tournament with DePaul, Iowa and Alabama.

We might as well just make a new conference with WSU, DePaul, Iowa, Alabama, and Tulsa because we already play them every year. Throw in VCU, the best 3 teams in the Valley and last but not least...Newman. There you have it.
                      LOL - I know!!!!!!!! Same teams we've been seeing the last 4-6 years it seems. Okay....Alright.....might as well bring on DePaul AGAIN!!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                        LOL - I know!!!!!!!! Same teams we've been seeing the last 4-6 years it seems. Okay....Alright.....might as well bring on DePaul AGAIN!!!!
                        I'm actually really happy with most of them. I don't actually even mind DePaul. I just hope they can start to play a little better. My joke of a conference would still be leaps and bounds better than the MVC, even WITH Newman in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Solid across the board.

I keep seeing these tournament announcements and thinking "Why can't we get one with a Top 10 team like the other big tournaments?"

And then I remember.
                          And then you remember that the Shox are the Top 10 team / headliner for those tournaments =)

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            I'm actually really happy with most of them. I don't actually even mind DePaul. I just hope they can start to play a little better. My joke of a conference would still be leaps and bounds better than the MVC, even WITH Newman in it.
                            Oh I am too!!! Solid teams in the field. Not too shabby...just my joking sense of humor personality doesn't always come through on a message board. :)
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I'm just wunderin how close we might of been to gettin a possible matchup with Bowling Green instead of the Dayton possibility? Torn as to whether or not HCCJ would of wanted to accept an invite if that was a possibility. (at least this soon) but gotta admit it would be fun too see the two HCGM and HCCJ match up sometime in the future.
                              From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
                                I'm just wunderin how close we might of been to gettin a possible matchup with Bowling Green instead of the Dayton possibility? Torn as to whether or not HCCJ would of wanted to accept an invite if that was a possibility. (at least this soon) but gotta admit it would be fun too see the two HCGM and HCCJ match up sometime in the future.
                                I'm very sure most college coaches who are friends try to avoid playing each other if at all possible. At least until both of them have significant track records of success at their current employer.
                                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                                X