2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    Pretty decent slate of games today. All times CST.

Evansville vs. Fresno State (neutral), 1:30 PM
    Detroit vs. MD Eastern-Shore (neutral), 3:30 PM
    Indiana State vs. Austin Peay, 4:30 PM
    Memphis vs. Prairie View A&M, 7 PM
    Hawaii vs. San Francisco (neutral), 7:30 PM
    New Mexico State vs. Stetson, 8 PM
    Illinois State vs. Seton Hall (neutral), 8 PM on CBS Sports
    Alabama vs. #14 Iowa State (neutral), 8:30 PM on ESPN2
    Tulsa vs. Auburn (neutral), 10 PM on ESPNU
    Today is one of those days that could go a long way towards helping the overall SOS and could maybe curb my negative a attitude a little bit towards this years MVC, too. I don't expect Alabama to win, but could we be so lucky? And as much as I get annoyed with ILL St. sometimes, I really want them to take this one over Seton Hall. Those are the two games where I expect losses, but all of the other ones could or should be wins. We could really use a sweep today. No more of this constant disappointment.

Comment

• I was looking at Utah's non-conference schedule. They lost at San Diego State by 3. Not bad. They have Wichita State, @BYU, @Kansas and @UNLV in consecutive games which are good games although I'm not too sure about UNLV this year. UNLV's 3 wins this year are 60-59 over Morehead State and 59-57 over Sam Houston State both at home and 57-50 over Temple in NYC. UNLV lost by 29 to Stanford in NYC. The Runnin' Rebels don't seem to be Runnin' much this year.

However, the rest of the Utes' non-con schedule is pretty bad. They have wins over Ball State and UC-Riverside. Between now and December 3rd when they host the Shocks they play home games with Texas Pan-American, North Dakota and Alabama State.

Then they run the gauntlet vs WSU, @BYU, @KU and @UNLV(?) before taking a break again before PAC-12 play begins with home games with South Dakota State and Carroll (MT).

They then have 5 of their 1st 7 Pac-12 games at home.

I suppose if they win 2 of the 4 remaining tough games on their non-con schedule and have a good showing in the PAC-12 their RPI should be pretty good. However, if they wipe out in those 4 remaining tough games and have a middling PAC-12 season this may not turn out to be the RPI booster we thought we were getting. I can easily see them losing at home to WSU and @BYU and @KU. And as I stated above UNLV may turn out to be a weak opponent this year so a win there may not carry the same clout as it would have in the past.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 24, 2014, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Good rundown of Utah's schedule, but UNLV did also beat Temple in NYC this weekend for whatever that's worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          I was looking at Utah's non-conference schedule. They lost at San Diego State by 3. Not bad. They have Wichita State, @BYU, @Kansas and @UNLV in consecutive games which are good games although I'm not too sure about UNLV this year. UNLV's 3 wins this year are 60-59 over Morehead State and 59-57 over Sam Houston State both at home and 57-50 over Temple. UNLV lost by 29 to Stanford on a neutral court. The Runnin' Rebels don't seem to be Runnin' much this year.
          UNLV is very young and is replacing a lot of people this year. Rice (or Las Vegas) can really recruit, though there are lots of discussions about lack of lockeroom and coaching leaership. Next year Rice has to make some things happen or he's out.

Edit: UNLV was picked anywhere between 5-7 in a down MWC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            Good rundown of Utah's schedule, but UNLV did also beat Temple in NYC this weekend for whatever that's worth.
            Thanks, made that adjustment. Was looking at game results on realtimerpi.com. I think that site has gone to hell. UNLV isn't the only team they are a missing D-1 games on. (I know they don't report non-D1 games).

Obviously, I need to use something different. What are the best sites for ratings and RPI's.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuhog View Post
              Any guesses on how the "quality loss" will impact KU ranking? I'm guessing they fall to 6. Lol.
              Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              What are odds they will be ranked ahead of WSU still....
              Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
              Sadly I would say pretty good.
              Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
              Wouldn't surprise me -- after all, THEY'RE KU!
              KU fell into double digits and is 2 spots behind WSU in both polls today. Just FYI.

Comment

• Warrennolan.com is usually a good site for the scores and ratings.

Comment

• Evansville leading Fresno St 22-21 with 3:42 left in 1st half. Mislav Brzoja leading the scoring for Evansville at 7 pts
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Evansville's gotta win this one or that tournament's loser's bracket will further torpedo their already disgusting SOS. If they win, they get preseason Horizon favorite Green Bay.

Comment

• 29-25 Evansville leads at half. Evansville shooting 40% from the field and only 16.7% (2-12) from 3 pt
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Balentine is lighting it up.....lol

5pts 2/7 shooting 1/5 from 3pt

Comment

• I think Evansville is the better team and will pull away from Fresno in the 2nd half.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Giddy (a monster shooting 63% for his career and 82%!!!! this year, has 2 FGAs). Same ole' same ole. I will be sooooo pissed when they decide to give him 15 shots against WSU.

Comment

• 35-27 Evansville 15:29 left.

Comment

• 37-32 Evansville 12 min left. Still struggling shooting

Comment

Working...
                                X