No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That last post by Doc is really funny. Maybe he should learn to deal with opinions he disagrees with instead of blocking half the board. Since he only reads opinions that he agrees with, I can see why his little self-created echo chamber might be a bit tiresome.

This grey box is for you bud!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
      FFS! OU should be first four out IMHO.
      They probably will be, but on Thursday or Friday of the tourney.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        I was just showing one example of WSU having a significantly worse defensive outing than OU had last night where total possessions were exactly the same. My question about "how bad must WSU be?" was completely sarcastic as a means of pointing out how silly it was for shoxlax to try and imply that last night somehow proved the defensive efficiency stats wrong.

If you still don't like the comparison to WSU's Hawaii game, then ignore it and respond to my main point Mr Dizzle. OU held ISU to their second lowest pts/poss at home all year. I'm not saying it was a dominant defensive performance, but it sure wasn't the great example of OU's defense being overrated that shoxlax tried to imply it was.

Fair enough?
        To be fair, ISU had their lowest one half point total of the year in the first half, then followed it with their highest one half point total for the year. So was OU's defense really good, or really bad? You can always cherry pick stats to support a point.

1 2 T
        #15 OKLA 37 33 70
        #17 ISU 18 59 77

Comment

• Yes tw805, there were two very different halves played. Points scored doesn't tell the whole story because it ignores tempo. When adjusted for tempo, OU's defense came out pretty good as a whole last night. Like I said before, Im not arguing that OU played an incredible defensive game. I'm just refuting shoxlax for trying to imply that they played a very poor one.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            It's becoming more and more annoying (if that's even possible) to come to this board and see thread after thread clogged with greyed out boxes of ignored posts or quotes from ignored posters.

Is anyone else interested in going to another board? I love @_kai_: and most of the people here, but it's getting tiring.
            I agree wholeheartedly with everything stated.

There's always gotta be one fungus growing in a bed of flowers.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

That last post by Doc is really funny. Maybe he should learn to deal with opinions he disagrees with instead of blocking half the board. Since he only reads opinions that he agrees with, I can see why his little self-created echo chamber might be a bit tiresome.

This grey box is for you bud!
              The reason half the board is blocked from him is because you taint every thread you venture into with your mindless drivel and douchenozzle narcissism. You think you're a big deal but you aren't. This board is worse because of you, not better. Even the administration has gotten tired of your routine.

But by all means, keep on keepin on. You have every right to be a goobering dickwad.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Yes tw805, there were two very different halves played. Points scored doesn't tell the whole story because it ignores tempo. When adjusted for tempo, OU's defense came out pretty good as a whole last night. Like I said before, Im not arguing that OU played an incredible defensive game. I'm just refuting shoxlax for trying to imply that they played a very poor one.
                Did you watch the game?

Comment

I was just showing one example of WSU having a significantly worse defensive outing than OU had last night where total possessions were exactly the same. My question about "how bad must WSU be?" was completely sarcastic as a means of pointing out how silly it was for shoxlax to try and imply that last night somehow proved the defensive efficiency stats wrong.

If you still don't like the comparison to WSU's Hawaii game, then ignore it and respond to my main point Mr Dizzle. OU held ISU to their second lowest pts/poss at home all year. I'm not saying it was a dominant defensive performance, but it sure wasn't the great example of OU's defense being overrated that shoxlax tried to imply it was.

Fair enough?
                  I do not recall OU being without a starter last night. They did not mention it on the broadcast when I was watching the game, at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    The reason half the board is blocked from him is because you taint every thread you venture into with your mindless drivel and douchenozzle narcissism. You think you're a big deal but you aren't. This board is worse because of you, not better. Even the administration has gotten tired of your routine.

But by all means, keep on keepin on. You have every right to be a goobering dickwad.

As far as I know, I have only blocked one person, for the record. I have no problem with dissenting views. The fact that "half the board" is blocked should tell him something.

And now cue a thread about actual post counts and a breakdown of true percentages of posts and how my perception is not tied to reality and how that relates to my hatred of KU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Did you watch the game?
                      Yes

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      I do not recall OU being without a starter last night. They did not mention it on the broadcast when I was watching the game, at least.
                      I already said you are free to drop the WSU aspect as it was a side bar. Can you address my main point instead?

Comment

• And you felt that OU played quality defense?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          And you felt that OU played quality defense?
                          For the first half it was excellent. Nobody here seems to want to give OU credit for playing 20 minutes of outstanding defense in the first 20 mins.

For a small portion of the 2nd half it was so-so. For 10 minutes in the 2nd half of was awful.

A roller coaster game. Average it all out and as a whole, OU played somewhat decent defense as shown by the cummulative points/possession stat.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            As far as I know, I have only blocked one person, for the record. I have no problem with dissenting views. The fact that "half the board" is blocked should tell him something.

And now cue a thread about actual post counts and a breakdown of true percentages of posts and how my perception is not tied to reality and how that relates to my hatred of KU.
                            No need for a new thread. "Half the board" apparently equates to a fraction of 1% in the Doc's mind. If you can't ignore 1 post out of every group of 500, 600, heck I don't know, 1000 posts because you dislike the opinions expressed, that's on you.
                            Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; March 3, 2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• So, about those games of interest:

WVU @ KU tonight. Despite WSU edging out KU for #8 in the polls this week, many voters had KU ahead of WSU on their individual ballots. A KU loss tonight would help WSU gain some votes, not to mention would help open the door for WSU to actually pass KU on the committee's S-Curve, depending how WSU and KU finish out the next few games.

Comment

So, about those games of interest:

WVU @ KU tonight. Despite WSU edging out KU for #8 in the polls this week, many voters had KU ahead of WSU on their individual ballots. A KU loss tonight would help WSU gain some votes, not to mention would help open the door for WSU to actually pass KU on the committee's S-Curve, depending how WSU and KU finish out the next few games.
                                Not that we needed a specific reason to root for a KU loss.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X