X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nm

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      So Shock Therapy, is there an answer buried in that response? I can't tell if you are firmly picking Team A or Team B. I apologize if I'm just not interpreting your answer well.
      I hope where you are headed with this doesn't include Ohio St getting ranked higher than WSU and UNI on Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
        Most of the time it would depend whether or not team A got stuck with a 300+ RPI due to conference affiliation or whether they chose to play that team. Also team B having only played two teams in the 100s kind of makes this a no brainer. Change that to two teams in the top 50 and you have a real discussion.
        This is what I meant to say instead of trying to be humorous.

Comment

• I think everyone knows the answer to your question. It's just that I'm pretty sure it's incredibly loaded...

It sounds a lot like team A is KU and team B is WSU. The compelling evidence was the part where team A beat a 300 RPI team. They would have a win over Duke, 4 losses to the rest of the top 25 and 5 wins over the 300 type teams. Meanwhile team B is 20-0 against a bunch of teams 50-300 all over the place.

Comment

• My reply was a criticism of the question and not an answer to it. It's clearly a poorly veiled reference to Notre Dame and that you are going to use people's answers to argue with them. The problem is that you dumbed down the question so much that it doesn't apply anymore.

Comment

• KU has no part in where I was heading with this.

Comment

KU has no part in where I was heading with this.
                I need to quit posting anyway because I'm ruining where you were going. I really just wanted to get my jab in that they would be 6-4 and ranked because of their one good win plus the name on their jersey while the other team would be receiving votes and catching SOS criticism

Comment

• Logic works well when you take a simple premise and then expand to something more detailed.

If I were to make a future post that made a false connection to this first premise, I'd be more than happy to have you all call me out on it. However, so far, I think the first question is a fair one. Does beating a great team and a terrible team count for more than beating 2 mediocre teams?

I'm going to move this to another thread so this one doesn't get pulled too far away from "games of interest".

Comment

Logic works well when you take a simple premise and then expand to something more detailed.

If I were to make a future post that made a false connection to this first premise, I'd be more than happy to have you call me out on it. However, so far, I think the first question is a fair one. Does beating a great team and a terrible team count for more than beating 2 mediocre teams?
                    But in this case your initial premise is so simplified that you can't expand it to cover what you want in a meaningful way.

Comment

• I'll expand it in steps. See the new thread I created and feel free to call me out on my error once (if) it occurs. Please don't predict my error and say that is a reason to stop the discussion before it even happens.

Comment

• I do not find the current penii comparison game to be a GOI. Besides, the game seems to be suffering from "only cold water in the showers" syndrome.

Anyway, a true penii comparison requires the participation of some innies rather than all outies. There are exceptions, but I'm not going to go there.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Not even gonna read the other thread. Fixing others mistakes gets very tiresome very quickly. At this point I would just rather stay out of it.

Comment

• I appreciate that Shock Therapy. I don't want anyone feeling obligated to read my posts. Anyone not interested is more than welcome to just skip right on by.

All I really ask is that people not intentionally sabotage conversations that other posters are trying to have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                              Not even gonna read the other thread. Fixing others mistakes gets very tiresome very quickly. At this point I would just rather stay out of it.
                              Good call.

All it is another "Look at me. I'm bored and wanna argue using my infinite wisdom" thread.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Thank you for stifling discussion instead of promoting it, Bob.
                                Lighten up. It was a joke.

It obviously didn't stifle any discussion.

My username is Bob Sacamano. I'm probably not ever going to promote discussion in a way that appeases you...

Comment

Working...
                                X