No announcement yet.

2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, I can't tell if we are watching the in bounds pass or not. But if that was the in bounds pass Salina was getting hosed on the clock. Check it out. That thing started waaay early.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      I liked to see that in slow motion. Was the ball in the cylinder or does the ball have to hit the rim or backboard before goal tending comes into play?

Was that a set play or was the "passer" just shooting and his teammate made a great play at the rim. In any case, quite a play.
      No doubt a set play. The player scoring first set a screen for the passer. He immediately sprinted and curled to the hoop for the ally op.

Comment

I liked to see that in slow motion. Was the ball in the cylinder or does the ball have to hit the rim or backboard before goal tending comes into play?

Was that a set play or was the "passer" just shooting and his teammate made a great play at the rim. In any case, quite a play.
        I think it was a set play. The screener on the inbound makes a dash for the basket, looking like he's expecting the pass. Very well executed. A post defender even appears to sniff it out but can't do anything about it.

Edit: @SHOXMVC: beat me to it.

Comment

Central called timeout with 9 seconds to run that play...Maize head Coach Chris Grill (yes that Chris Grill) didn't challenge the basket interference although his assistants were clamoring for a call.

Comment

• THAT Chris Grill is a stand up guy and good coach...probably thought "should have defended that better"

Comment

• and, btw, I know that the "THAT Chris" was for a former Shocker reference...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                If I were the zebra I would have called goal tending and run out of there straight to my car.
                If that had been the call, the ref wouldn't have needed to escape; he'd have been carried off the floor by happy fans -- it was the home team who ended up losing on the play.

Comment

• Pretty sure it was tied so it would have gone into another OT (I think that was the end of the 1st OT).

Comment

• Thanks, Doc -- I didn't see the actual score. Going into another OT would have made either escaping or being carried off kind of awkward.

Comment

• Chris Grill played angry.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• A game no one cares about but UIC just lost to Detroit in a way you wouldn't believe possible. Up 3 points with under 10 seconds left they throw a stupid cross court pass that gets picked off and dunked with 3.7 seconds left to pull Detroit within 1 then UIC inbounds a long pass and the 2 players crash into each other and a foul is called on UIC sending Detroit to the line where they hit 2 FT's to win 69-68.
                        2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                        2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                        2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                        2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                        The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                          A game no one cares about but UIC just lost to Detroit in a way you wouldn't believe possible. Up 3 points with under 10 seconds left they throw a stupid cross court pass that gets picked off and dunked with 3.7 seconds left to pull Detroit within 1 then UIC inbounds a long pass and the 2 players crash into each other and a foul is called on UIC sending Detroit to the line where they hit 2 FT's to win 69-68.
                          A game involving a Shocker opponent is a game of interest on this board. Thanks for the report.

Comment

• SLU also picked up a rare (as of late) win tonight, 78-69 versus Duquesne.

Comment

• #22 Baylor beats #11 Iowa State, 74-73.

Comment

• GOI for tomorrow (1/15/15), all in CST.

Memphis vs. Cincy, 6 PM on ESPN
                                GW vs. Richmond, 6 PM on ESPNU
                                #8 Utah @ Arizona State, 9 PM on FS1
                                Marymount vs. Portland, 9 PM
                                New Mexico State @ Cal State Bakersfield, 9 PM

Comment

Working...
                                X