Upside-Down Big XII Cake For Desert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upside-Down Big XII Cake For Desert

Three of the Four Top 25 teams in the Big XII fell today.

#5 Kansas falls to OSU in Stillwater 61-60. Bye-bye #1 seed???

#22 Texas A&M falls to Nebraska 65-59 at home. That's not going to help the NCAA seeding. Tough day for the Turg.

#25 Kansas State falls at Baylor 92-86. This one is probably not that bad of a loss. Baylor is pretty good.

Beasley; 44 pts
    Walker; 31 pts

What happens after they're gone?

Comment

I expected actual cake

Comment

I bet ATM fans are melting down right now. They still have Baylor in Waco, OU in Norman, KU and TT at home. They could easily go 8-8 in big 12.

Comment

Baylor is a prime example of what around 4 very solid guards can do to help a team have a nice Season.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

aTm up to Jan 16: 14-1
            atm Jan 16 - now: 5-6

Been there - done that.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
              Beasley; 44 pts
              Walker; 31 pts

What happens after they're gone?
              KSU averages 11 points a game.
              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town
                I bet ATM fans are melting down right now. They still have Baylor in Waco, OU in Norman, KU and TT at home. They could easily go 8-8 in big 12.
                After quickly checking TexAgs... yep they want him gone.

They are concerned that he brought our last season struggles to College Station. The "motionless" offense comments are classic.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                  aTm up to Jan 16: 14-1
                  atm Jan 16 - now: 5-6

Been there - done that.
                  I was thinking the same thing. Turg is and will always be a good guy. But it is what it is. 8)
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Its always a great day when KU and Turgeon lose on the same day!
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

re

I know this discussion has been beat to death but I still don't understand all the hate towards Turg. He did some tremendous things for our program despite the "cupboard being empty" now.

I bet you weren't even a fan before Turg was hired, Newshock1234.

Comment

Re: re

Originally posted by Uncle Rico
                        I know this discussion has been beat to death but I still don't understand all the hate towards Turg. He did some tremendous things for our program despite the "cupboard being empty" now.

na actually i was a fan in the Mike Cohen days, and yes I root aginst turgeon mostly because of what he left here.
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234

na actually i was a fan in the Mike Cohen days, and yes I root aginst turgeon mostly because of what he left here.
                          Can't blame ya on that one. I do the same.

Plus you really have to wonder about these late season collapses though.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                            Originally posted by newshock1234

Can't blame ya on that one. I do the same.

Plus you really have to wonder about these late season collapses though.
                            What about that one little late season surge that put a team into the sweet 16?

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound
                              What about that one little late season surge that put a team into the sweet 16?
                              Even that season was on the verge of collapse near the end... it took 'the shot' to get past creighton, lost the BB to George Mason (no one knew they were Final Four material at the time) barely got by drake, then got bounced in the second game of the MVC tourney

That was also the 2OT vs SIU, and if i remember right, when we blew a large lead at creighton to lose on a last second shot

Comment

Working...
                              X