• Show
Clear All

what's a link to the Tex AM board(s)?

Comment

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        Originally posted by shockerfanmas
        I could care less what Turgeon left here, because even had he stayed the results would have been the same. Turg is a great guy, I had the pleasure of visiting with him on several occasions. He made a BUSINESS decision, a decision that any coach would have made. You seriously don't think Marshall will make the same decision when the time is right, and leave us with nothing? It happens at every school. I just hope the ill feelings toward Turgeon are exactly the same ill feelings that Marshall gets when he leaves, otherwise we will have a bunch of hypocrites on our hands.
        If Marshall bolts and takes a recruit with him he'll be treated like many treat Turgeon. Again, as I've said many times, I had no problem with Turgeon leaving. It wasn't until he decided to take a recruit with him that he lost all my respect. I don't think we have to worry about that with Marshall and he's already addressed that issue in the past. Turgeon did some good things and for that I'm thankful, but he showed what he really is when he did something that not even Bob Huggins would do.
        Sub,
        MT is in charge so the buck stops with him, but most of the recruit issues start and stop with Spinelli. He wanted the HC job bad and I mean bad. When he wasn't even remotely considered (thank Gawd), he took his ball and ran. 8)
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I understand that, but the whole Bowles thing will never sit well with me.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
            I could care less what Turgeon left here, because even had he stayed the results would have been the same. Turg is a great guy, I had the pleasure of visiting with him on several occasions. He made a BUSINESS decision, a decision that any coach would have made. You seriously don't think Marshall will make the same decision when the time is right, and leave us with nothing? It happens at every school. I just hope the ill feelings toward Turgeon are exactly the same ill feelings that Marshall gets when he leaves, otherwise we will have a bunch of hypocrites on our hands.
            If Marshall bolts and takes a recruit with him he'll be treated like many treat Turgeon. Again, as I've said many times, I had no problem with Turgeon leaving. It wasn't until he decided to take a recruit with him that he lost all my respect. I don't think we have to worry about that with Marshall and he's already addressed that issue in the past. Turgeon did some good things and for that I'm thankful, but he showed what he really is when he did something that not even Bob Huggins would do.
            Sub,
            MT is in charge so the buck stops with him, but most of the recruit issues start and stop with Spinelli. He wanted the HC job bad and I mean bad. When he wasn't even remotely considered (thank Gawd), he took his ball and ran. 8)
            MT's recruiting pretty much sucked ever since Boyle left town.

Comment

MT's recruiting wasn't very good even with Boyle. Wendell Preadom, Matt Clark, a number of guys that left, do you really want me to go on!

Someone asked how hard is it to go to the NCAA tourney after you do it once. It might not be as hard as you might think, and if you add the NIT the next year not hard at all. Here are just a few of the teams that have had continued success not in "major conferences". You have to remember that a lot of leagues get 1 bid and that for the tourney winner.

The list includes: Creighton, Southern Illinois, Davidason, Xavier, Kent State, Nevada, Oral Roberts, and dare I say Winthrop under coach Gregg Marshall.

Those that went to the NCAA tournament and failed to go to the NCAA Tourney or the NIT the next two years in a row, I will let someone else take on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan
                MT's recruiting wasn't very good even with Boyle. Wendell Preadom, Matt Clark, a number of guys that left, do you really want me to go on!
                Seriously, you’re going to criticize the recruitment of Matt Clark in MT’s first year? :wacko: Not sure what you expected at that point in the rebuilding process. IMO, the recruitment of Miller, Howard, Burns and Kampman was astonishing considering they were only coming off a 9-win season heading into year 2. Unfortunately that was arguably the recruiting high-water mark throughout the MT era. I still think Boyle did an admirable recruiting job while he was here.

Comment

Miller, Burns, Howard, Kampman, Cooz, Braeuer were all pretty good. And Matt Clark may not have been great but he was a good, solid player that knew his role and played it well. Even Ogirri was a good get. I believe we only recruited two Top150 guys out of HS and he was one.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I agree, that was a very slimy thing to do. Those things do catch up to you eventually. A good example would be Fogler and his view that his current team is just a stepping stone in his career. Last I heard he was an announcer who stuck a big foot in his mouth.

Comment

Has there ever actually been any reports that said Turg made bowles go with him to A&M? A lot of recruits go for the coach, not the school, maybe Bowles wanted to be where Turgeon was at, so when he went to A&M, Bowles decided that was his choice. If that's the case, then Turgeon did nothing wrong. However if I've missed something, then someone let me know, show me some proof that Turgeon stole Bowles from WSU, then I might understand the hatred a little more.

Comment

DeAndre Jordan didn't follow Gillespie to Kentucky, because Gillespie wouldn't let him. Bowles followed Turgeon to Texas A&M because Turgeon recruited and allowed him too. Thats the difference. I have no hatred. Who knows how it would have turned out. He may have gone to a completely different school. Truth be told, I think everyone will be ok in the long run.

Comment

Well, in my mind if Turgeon recruited him, that's Turgeon's recruit, not Wichita State's recruit. Now if somebody else on the staff had recruited Bowles, and Turgeon decided to lay claim to Bowles and take Bowles with him, that would be a different story. From what I've heard I see nothing wrong with this at all. I dunno, maybe I don't understand the ethics of recruiting. Then again, I'm sure most Shocker fans would have loved it if Marshall would have brought some of his recruits from Winthrop. :roll:

Comment

Well, in my mind if Turgeon recruited him, that's Turgeon's recruit, not Wichita State's recruit. Now if somebody else on the staff had recruited Bowles, and Turgeon decided to lay claim to Bowles and take Bowles with him, that would be a different story. From what I've heard I see nothing wrong with this at all. I dunno, maybe I don't understand the ethics of recruiting. Then again, I'm sure most Shocker fans would have loved it if Marshall would have brought some of his recruits from Winthrop. :roll:
                            Marshall has been quoted in saying that he could have had a recruit that was going to Winthrop, and he said he didnt because thats not something he believes in.

Comment

i guess it all depends on your recruiting philosophy and the person you are recruiting. no 2 situations have been exactly the same. There have been plenty of players and recruits that have followed their coach to another school. It's just part of the game. Personally, I don't think Bowles would have helped us that much anyways, never hear about him at A&M

Comment

Actually most recruits never follow thier coach to the school, Roy Williams didnt allow and Bob Huggins didnt allow, its a very ethical thing to do in college coaches. Turgeon just showed us what kind of person he really is.

Comment

Working...
                                X