No announcement yet.

N. ARIZONA POST GAME COMMENTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can win on Senior Night but we need more then 3 players producing. A win THAT night would be awesome and I hope whomever the pouters were today, will come in and give their all to help us get this win. This could also be the last home game for some under-classmen? Stay tuned.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      I've got to give Northern Arizona some credit. They were better then I thought they would be. Some pretty nice looking offensive players.

Shocks did not play terrible by this year's standards.

A close game, especially down the stretch pretty much plays into the hands of our opponents this year.

Looking forward to senior night. PJ and Matt have been just terrific players. Phil and Lance are good guys. Phil has generally been physically overmatched in the great majority of the games in his Shocker career. Can't complain about what Lance Harris has given us as a walk-on.

Despite the lousy year, these guys deserve a great send off.
      Perfectly said. Someone start a "Lets get out to Senior Night" thread!

Comment

We'll be there Tuesday. NAU is not a bad ballclub, but you can't let them shoot .625 from the field. 625!!!! There were other highlights/lowlights, but.............

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
          We can win on Senior Night but we need more then 3 players producing. A win THAT night would be awesome and I hope whomever the pouters were today, will come in and give their all to help us get this win. This could also be the last home game for some under-classmen? Stay tuned.
          This will definitely be the final home game for some underclassmen. Now how is the only unknown at this point.

Comment

Aaron's showing some more flashes on what he can do for us for next year, Ramon's basically Ben Wallace with some offense and no afro, they're staying for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
              Aaron's showing some more flashes on what he can do for us for next year, Ramon's basically Ben Wallace with some offense and no afro, they're staying for sure.
              And what... 5" shorter?

But it is nice to see Ellis finally settling in. He's gonna be a good one for us after he gets the right people around him.

Comment

Ben's 6'7 and Ramon's 6'6.
                1 inch is a lot to give up but he makes up for with offense and the boards.

Ben admits he's only 6'7

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                  Ben's 6'7 and Ramon's 6'6.
                  1 inch is a lot to give up but he makes up for with offense and the boards.

Ben admits he's only 6'7
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nba&id=2437567
                  But the fro gave him an extra 5 inches or so :D
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I thought HCGM was much more measured with his post game comments tonight than he has been in the past, especially the melt down after the Indiana State game (which was somewhat understandable).

I suspect, although this is total speculation, that Jim Schaus may have pulled him aside and asked him to tone it down a bit.

At this point, there is really no further reason to rip the guys or any particular individual publicly. We are about as down as we are going to get. Now, if HCGM wants to get in their grills privately or at pracitce that is fine and dandy. Sounds like he may have a couple of situations he needs to deal with.

Comment

Schaus didn't say anything to him. He is just used to it by now, and MVC games mean a whole heck of a lot more than this game did today.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333
                        Schaus didn't say anything to him. He is just used to it by now, and MVC games mean a whole heck of a lot more than this game did today.
                        The last couple of MVC games have meant very little, if anything either. We have had a play-in game in the MVC Tournament clinched a couple of games ago.

I don't think there is any difference between a 7-10 matchup and an 8-9 matchup in the play-in round.

Comment

I just think he's used to it a lot more and has accepted that some players may have already packed it in. That's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333
                            I just think he's used to it a lot more and has accepted that some players may have already packed it in. That's just my opinion.
                            You may very well be on target.

Comment

Players packing it in could very well mean they plan on packing their bags as well. And if they don't plan on it they'd better....
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

i must admit, i was surprised to hear him say that a couple had'packed it in'...i only saw the first half, but i thought gal had been doing well down the stretch, but maybe not...phil, i don't know...it has to be frustrating... :goshocks:

Comment

Working...
                                X