Shocker Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Madness

Any news on when it will be this year? Hoping to go.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
    Any news on when it will be this year? Hoping to go.
    I don't have any news on it, but I was just thinking about how this is pretty much ONE MONTH AWAY!!!

Usually it is around October 20th... ish. That's pretty much now as far as my excitement is concerned. The band has started practice/auditions. The schedule is up, etc.

It's time to start counting down! Now if they could just get some jerseys ordered up at Indy St, we will be well on our way

Comment

Yes, it's usually around my birthday (the 27th) so I love to celebrate my birthday at CKA by taking my friends to the exhibition. Might be the only game at CKA I can get to, because I sadly can't afford the SASO membership for season tix.
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Speaking of Shocker Madness, if we can ever get a full Charles Koch Area for Shocker Madness, then I'd say we've finally arrived with the big boys. What's the most fans to ever watch a Shocker Madness event?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          Speaking of Shocker Madness, if we can ever get a full Charles Koch Area for Shocker Madness, then I'd say we've finally arrived with the big boys. What's the most fans to ever watch a Shocker Madness event?
          I believe we got 6000-6500 a few years ago.

Maybe at some point we could hold it at midnight like one of the big boys. With the new dorm right next to CKA we might be able to turn it into a real student event. I don't think Marshall is really a fan of turning Shocker Madness into a party though.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            I believe we got 6000-6500 a few years ago.

Maybe at some point we could hold it at midnight like one of the big boys. With the new dorm right next to CKA we might be able to turn it into a real student event. I don't think Marshall is really a fan of turning Shocker Madness into a party though.
            Schools like Kentucky put the great majority of their recruiting budget into their Midnight Madness event. You're right in that Coach Marshall would not elect to do this. Shocker Madness will be whatever 3G decides he wants it to be. Also a significant portion of our season ticket base will not show up to an event at Koch Arena if they don't have reserved parking and reserved seating. Perhaps the program will get to the point where they can make this a revenue generating function. But for now it is what it is.

Comment

I think Shocker Hall is going to provide a larger student presence at both Shocker Madness and at games throughout the season.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                In the early 80s the Shockers used to fill Henry Levitt Arena for a similar type of event (they didn't call it Shocker Madness back then).

Comment

Bump. I guess there is no word yet. Just wish they would geve more advance notice than two weeks. Most of us have families to schedule around and then some of us have to travel as well.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I've never understood the whole tentative scheduling of Shocker Madness. Why not pick a date and let people know about it in advance? Really irritating.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      Bump. I guess there is no word yet. Just wish they would geve more advance notice than two weeks. Most of us have families to schedule around and then some of us have to travel as well.
                      Yeah, don't they realize that some of us have a life? OK probably the us on ShockerNet don't have a life, but out there in the real world some people do have a life. :culpability:
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                        I've never understood the whole tentative scheduling of Shocker Madness. Why not pick a date and let people know about it in advance? Really irritating.
                        This.

One of the glaring, reoccurring weaknesses of the athletic department.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Ask and ye shall receive...

Paul Suellentrop ‏@PaulSuellentrop Shocker Madness is Oct. 16. Men and women scrimmages. Details still being decided, I'm told.
                          78-65

Comment

A Thursday night?

Meh.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              This.

One of the glaring, reoccurring weaknesses of the athletic department.
                              I'm also starting to get annoyed that they haven't updated player bios. It just doesn't seem that big of a deal to get someone on the bios like in August.

Shocker Madness should be announced a month ahead of time and ADVERTISED. And it should be on Friday night. I am fine with the non-extravagant nature of the Marshall system. I just wish it was always a bigger deal and Thursday night with little buildup doesn't lend itself to a full house

Comment

Working...
                              X