No announcement yet.

2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is good for the vast majority of college basketball teams in the Associated Press Top 25 poll in mid-January. After all, they have an inside track to an NCAA tournament spot and are generally recognized as the best teams in the country...
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ericans/page/2 FVV gets a C, RB gets an A
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
        Fred gets a C even though the team is 16-2 and ranked 13/14 in the country and we are first in conference. Terran Pettaway gets a B even though his team has achieved way under against expectations.

Kudos to Fred for knowing his priorities..
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          Fred gets a C even though the team is 16-2 and ranked 13/14 in the country and we are first in conference. Terran Pettaway gets a B even though his team has achieved way under against expectations.

Kudos to Fred for knowing his priorities..
          This is a good catch, I thought the exact same thing and closed the article once I saw Petteway's grade.

Comment

• Fred's more valuable and shouldn't be evaluated on statistics alone. As Coach Forbes said last year regarding Fred when congratulating him at the end of the year "Fred is the most unselfish point guard on the most unselfish team in America".

Comment

• I know one of these threads contained a discussion of this years defense vs last years. FWIW Eamon Brennon thinks last years was better.

Eamonn Brennan: It's still Wichita State's conference, but it is nice to see the Valley add another team to the NCAA tournament mix. Last season's Shockers team was better, especially on the defensive end,

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• At 5:00 pm on XM91, Fran And Packer were talking Shockers and UNI. Fran said GM did not get jobs he wanted (South Carolina ) because some thought he was breath and arrogant. He said that's what he liked about Gregg. Also he is a great XAnd O guy and is one of the top ten percent of coChes, meaning great. Said he is one of the few that can take his Gus and beat you OR take your guys and beat you.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• What irritates me is that very few (Katz, Bilas, & the MVC tele guys) acknowledge that no one wants to play us. It's a catch 22.
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• From the INST beat writer:

Can UNI steal the conference mantle away from the Shockers? I haven't seen this year's Shockers in person yet (and won't until I see UNI twice), but I think UNI has a definite depth advantage. They will make every team they play, WSU included, guard every spot on the floor.

That said, UNI would have to play better than it did Wednesday to knock off the Shockers. UNI kind of let the air out of the ball early against ISU and nearly paid a heavy price. There's no way UNI would get away with that against WSU.

While I'd give the edge to win the MVC to WSU, I do think they'll split the season series. Those will be fun games to watch.

http://m.tribstar.com/sports/down-in....html?mode=jqm
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      At 5:00 pm on XM91, Fran And Packer were talking Shockers and UNI. Fran said GM did not get jobs he wanted (South Carolina ) because some thought he was breath and arrogant.
                      Are you saying 3G has halitosis? Actually, I could not quite interpret "breath". I assume you intended something else?

In any case, South Carolina didn't want "brash(?) and arrogant" yet they hired Frank Martin, a really calm and laid back guy.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 22, 2015, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Are you saying 3G has halitosis? Actually, I could not quite interpret "breath". I assume you were intended something else?

In any case, South Carolina didn't want "breath(?) and arrogant" yet they hired Frank Martin, a really calm and laid back guy.
                        I'm guessing a slight misspelling of "brash" sent auto-correct into a tizzy and he ended up with "breath."

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          I'm guessing a slight misspelling of "brash" sent auto-correct into a tizzy and he ended up with "breath."
                          Okay. I imagine you are right.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            Correct
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Kentucky might go undefeated this season, but the Wildcats are not the most likely team to finish the year without a conference loss. Over the past decade, an average of exactly two teams per season have finished with undefeated conference records...

Comment

Working...
                              X