No announcement yet.

2014-15 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Ron Baker was the "Miller Time Moment" on SportsCenter for his performance against Seton Hall

In case you forgot he has 22 pts. went 9-11 from the field (3-3 from 3). [Didn't mention the 1-4 from the FT line though! Just kidding Ronnie ;)]
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        To preserve for infamy in case someone at MSU has a epiphany of common sense:

Quote from my wife: "Why would you do a countdown to a butt whupping?"
        On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

• From Twitter
          Attached Files
          On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

• Originally posted by BikeIdiot View Post
            From Twitter
            Don't worry the 2013-15 record will blow that one away.

Comment

• Very impressive stat, Biker, although if you go back far enough you can also find things like Phil Woolpert (coach of Bill Russell and KC Jones at USF back when those initials only meant University of San Francisco), who was 57-1 from 1954-56.

Gonna be tough for Marshall to overtake Coach K for fourth on that list (fifth if you include Phil Woolpert as I mentioned above). The Shocks should certainly improve on their 30-9 mark from 2012-13 if they stay healthy, but unless they go all the way at 35-4 or better they'll have to stay pretty clean during the regular season and Valley tournament.

On the other hand, if they do stay clean until the NCAA tournament, Marshall would blow past Tark into third (or fourth, as the case may be). And if they manage to finish the season with just three or four losses total, you can almost certainly move 3G up one spot on that fairly exalted list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                I don't see any photos of cattle.
                or meth.

Comment

• I think we all need to jump on Mark Knudson's story and second his motion for reviving the Mile High Classic. He's a smart man: "But Wichita State has a storied hoops history, culminating last season when they sat atop the rankings much of the year, going undefeated during the regular season, reaching 35-0 before finally falling to Kentucky by two points in a third-round NCAA Tournament game. The Shockers are a legit college basketball powerhouse."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                    I think we all need to jump on Mark Knudson's story and second his motion for reviving the Mile High Classic. He's a smart man: "But Wichita State has a storied hoops history, culminating last season when they sat atop the rankings much of the year, going undefeated during the regular season, reaching 35-0 before finally falling to Kentucky by two points in a third-round NCAA Tournament game. The Shockers are a legit college basketball powerhouse."

http://milehighsports.com/2014/12/11...ge-basketball/
                    Link isn't working for me right now.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I'm getting one of these doohickeys...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                        Link isn't working for me right now.
                        Well, that really sucks. I'm getting the same problem now. Knudson is clamoring to revise an old Mile High Classic basketball tournament to pit Colo St, Colo, Nebraska and Wichita State against one another in his ploy to get both the top Colorado NCAA BB teams on a regular basis. They've played one another but it appears they have the same problem in Colorado that occurs in Kansas. He thinks Tad Boyles connections with the Shockers, along with significant cash, would help lure Wichita State to Denver to play in Pepsi Center, the Nuggets home court. He's very complimentary of 3G and the program we have in Wichita.

Comment

Well, that really sucks. I'm getting the same problem now. Knudson is clamoring to revise an old Mile High Classic basketball tournament to pit Colo St, Colo, Nebraska and Wichita State against one another in his ploy to get both the top Colorado NCAA BB teams on a regular basis. They've played one another but it appears they have the same problem in Colorado that occurs in Kansas. He thinks Tad Boyles connections with the Shockers, along with significant cash, would help lure Wichita State to Denver to play in Pepsi Center, the Nuggets home court. He's very complimentary of 3G and the program we have in Wichita.
                          That's awesome. I'm a big proponent of Wichita vs Colorado. I've mentioned before that I thought it'd be a great MTE to included Wichita, Colorado, CSU & KSU, KU, Nebraska or Creighton.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                            That's awesome. I'm a big proponent of Wichita vs Colorado. I've mentioned before that I thought it'd be a great MTE to included Wichita, Colorado, CSU & KSU, KU, Nebraska or Creighton.
                            I don't think I'll ever understand why stuff like this isn't common. I mean, I know all the reasons that have been said, but the novelty of local tournaments would be absolutely amazing for economy, rivalries, fence-sitting fans, non con scheduling, etc.

Honestly, with the new conferences for many local schools, it makes more sense than ever. Mizzou, Creighton, Colorado, Colorado St, Nebraska, Tulsa and WSU all represent a different conference now. KU, Kstate, OU and OSU may not want to play each other before big 12 time but they may not even have to if you do a couple or three different tournaments over the course of a few years.

These should be happening all the time. The fact that is literally never happening is fascinating. Maybe what it needs is a really visionary promoter to make an offer
                            Last edited by Dave Stalwart; December 12, 2014, 11:40 AM.

Comment

I think we all need to jump on Mark Knudson's story and second his motion for reviving the Mile High Classic. He's a smart man: "But Wichita State has a storied hoops history, culminating last season when they sat atop the rankings much of the year, going undefeated during the regular season, reaching 35-0 before finally falling to Kentucky by two points in a third-round NCAA Tournament game. The Shockers are a legit college basketball powerhouse."

http://milehighsports.com/2014/12/11...ge-basketball/
                              It's not a bad idea at all. As long as it is not one of the exempt MTE's, it could work. What he is forgetting is that a lot of the "holiday" tournaments are big draws in large part due to the locations: Bahamas, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Cancun, Vegas.

On the other hand, I guess it really isn't any different than the CBE Classic we've played in KC a couple of times.

Comment

• I call dibs to the front of the line to buy tickets for any ballgame in Denver that involves the Shockers.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X