No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: 2014-15 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's nice that UNI gets to experience what a top 10 ranking feels like before we send them tumbling down.

Comment

• Talk about a bunch of mouthbreathers. I know we have a bone or two to pick with in the rankings, but have you ever seen a "major" program fanbase have such a hard-on for the rankings as much as these toolbags do? Talk about a mid-major fanbase and program stuck in a major conference.

And that HCFS guy is the biggest mouthbreather of them all. Give that guy less oxygen please.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        It's nice that UNI gets to experience what a top 10 ranking feels like before we send them tumbling down.
        Yep. Seriously, congrats to them for the ranking.

But, we're gonna have to beat them down and take it away Saturday :)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200697

Talk about a bunch of mouthbreathers. I know we have a bone or two to pick with in the rankings, but have you ever seen a "major" program fanbase have such a hard-on for the rankings as much as these toolbags do? Talk about a mid-major fanbase and program stuck in a major conference.

And that HCFS guy is the biggest mouthbreather of them all. Give that guy less oxygen please.
          I'd have an EF5 Cyclone boner if WSU got matched up with ISU in the NCAA Tournament and we gave them a beat down. They're eroding into one of my most hated fanbases because of their ridiculous elitism with nothing to back it up. That's fine and wonderful you play in the Big 12, but please win your conference more than twice since Hitler was alive if you're going to talk massive **** with the big counter argument always being "strength of schedule."
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Also, while I obviously disagree with Keegan, he has done right by us by actually coming on Shockernet and apologizing the one week he forgot (yes, forgot) to put WSU on his ballot (he was just finishing up a long week of travelling, iirc), and has long lobbied KU to play WSU.

Don't agree with the ranking at all, but I'm not calling him names. Certainly not when there are far more deserving folks out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
              Also, while I obviously disagree with Keegan, he has done right by us by actually coming on Shockernet and apologizing the one week he forgot (yes, forgot) to put WSU on his ballot (he was just finishing up a long week of travelling, iirc), and has long lobbied KU to play WSU.

Don't agree with the ranking at all, but I'm not calling him names. Certainly not when there are far more deserving folks out there.
              I'll call him a name. He deserves it.

Comment

Talk about a bunch of mouthbreathers. I know we have a bone or two to pick with in the rankings, but have you ever seen a "major" program fanbase have such a hard-on for the rankings as much as these toolbags do? Talk about a mid-major fanbase and program stuck in a major conference.

lol. One of them said Texas Tech would "wax" Evansville.

Good on them for having an active board, though. 17 pages in a couple of hours is actually fairly impressive.

Comment

• It seems that teams that can't defend usually end up with an early exit in the NCAA Tournament. If I were a Cyclone fan (thank God I'm not), I'd be worried.

Comment

• The Iowa State hate for WSU isn't just limited to their fan board. I admittedly had never been there before Fever linked it. I've just been exposed to it for most of this season on Reddit's /r/collegebasketball mainly in the weekly rank threads. It's guaranteed, that there is not just one top level comment just shitting on WSU, but multiple ones. This week's isn't any different, if not more hate filled with Tiny Cyclone Syndrome.

Comment

I read a couple pages of that thread and then thought there must be a lot of corn pipe smoking going on up there. Definitely a P5 mentality - I hope we get nothing but P5 teams in March and beat them all, but would love to especially beat any Big 12 team.

Now I understand why KU fans rushed the football field after beating them in football this year even though they were both awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
                        I read a couple pages of that thread and then thought there must be a lot of corn pipe smoking going on up there. Definitely a P5 mentality - I hope we get nothing but P5 teams in March and beat them all, but would love to especially beat any Big 12 team.

Now I understand why KU fans rushed the football field after beating them in football this year even though they were both awful.
                        One of the greatest exchanges I've ever seen between ISU and KU fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post

It's amazing how succinctly this sums up our dynamic with the P5 and their ignorant fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post

Perfect. I can use that one. Hey did your hear about the Iowa Sate fan telling the KU fan the Shockers don't deserve their ranking because they don't play anyone?

You need to send that one to Coach Marshall and to Mike Kennedy.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 23, 2015, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                              lol. One of them said Texas Tech would "wax" Evansville.
                              I saw that one. My first thought was, "Just like they waxed Loyola, who Evansville split with? Is that the Texas Tech you're referring to?"

Comment

• I read a couple of their pages. I like how none of the posters bring up the OVERALL records. As in the Panthers have only LOST 2 games all year. Our Shockers have only LOST 3 games all year...but the Cyclones have LOST 6 games. 6 games!!! Seems lots of people seem to forget LOSSES that more than likely contribute to where you are actually ranked. Six losses is probably not Top-10 worthy and quite frankly they really shouldn't be complaining all that much as they are the highest ranked 6 loss team in the country at #12. They should be thankful about that.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X