No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: 2014-15 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hoping for a three seed but there might be a couple losses in the top 8 this week.

Comment

• UK #1
      Virginia #2
      Duke #3
      Nova #4
      Zona #5
      Wisky #6
      Zags #7
      KU #8
      Shox #9
      Maryland #10
      ND #11
      UNI #12
      North Carolina #13
      Livin the dream

Comment

• How many games can the flagship lose before they drop out of the top 10? I will admit they have a good strategy of losing early in the week so voters forget before the next week.

Comment

• What are the odds that at least one d-bag voter will give K-State their #25 slot? I would hope NONE but who knows...
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• The beakers free throw advantage at home is just sickening

Comment

• I'm not sure if I agree that a home win over Texas (that was very unconvincing and almost a loss) negates a loss to Kstate. I'm not saying the loss to Kstate means KU is now "bad." Obviously, they aren't. I'm just saying when you are trying to stay ranked #8, losing to number 100 should maybe dislodge you by, say 1-5 spots. I will be very interested to see if Gonzaga drops 5 spots while KU doesn't budge. BYU is like number 35 or something. KSU was around 100. If KU doesn't move, then they can't drop Gonzaga at all and they can't drop UNI either...

But you just watch. Gonzaga will be 6-8 and UNI will be 13-16, but KU with effectively a bad loss to a .500 team will be #8. Darnit and Notre Dame should not be in front of UNI. They lost to an unranked team and their RPI is 25-30 I think.

For reference. Illinois St equals KState if you want to look at the RPI. How far would we or UNI drop with a loss to Illinois State? None? Or 5 spots?
              Last edited by Dave Stalwart; March 1, 2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                Lunardi will change his tune if we go 30-3 but for right now he is still in clickbait mode.
                Love it! :good:

Comment

• They key is to get better going into March, which I think we are doing. KU is getting worse and will be prime for the picking.

Comment

• A LARGE amount of money says UNI falls further in the polls by losing to the #11 team in the country on the road than ku does losing to the #100 team in the country on the road (a team that recently was BLOWN out by both TCU and Texas Tech).

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      A LARGE amount of money says UNI falls further in the polls by losing to the #11 team in the country on the road than ku does losing to the #100 team in the country on the road (a team that recently was BLOWN out by both TCU and Texas Tech).
                      While I 100% agree with the point of this post and believe that KU will get an unfair benefit of the doubt, I'm going to go all JH4P on you and say that SOMEHOW, KU has the # 3 RPI in the country while UNI is # 12. That's probably worth something to the voters.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Northern Iowa would beat ku on a neutral court (without Alexander) 4-6 times out of 10. They'd turn ku into a half court team (where they struggle), eliminate their transition baskets and knock down about a million open 3s that ku refused to guard.

Comment

• Everyone knows that loss to KSU was a road rivalry loss. Don't you know how hard road games are? It shouldn't even count as a loss. Should be a push.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            While I 100% agree with the point of this post and believe that KU will get an unfair benefit of the doubt, I'm going to go all JH4P on you and say that SOMEHOW, KU has the # 3 RPI in the country while UNI is # 12. That's probably worth something to the voters.
                            There's just not that much difference between 3 and 12. Kentucky is undefeated, so their 1 is less easy to pick apart but KU has several tangible losses. It's not that different from, say 41 vs 50.

Comment

• The Beakers can handle a loss to K St where the Zags cannot because of there overall schedule and performance.

Kansas: No games against 200+ teams, 7-0 against 101-200, 7-1 against 51-100, 3-2 against 26-50, and 6-3 against 1-25.

Gonzaga: 7-0 against 200+ teams, 13-0 against 101-200, 4-0 against 51-100, 3-1 against 26-50, and 1-1 against 1-25.

Two thirds of the Zags schedule is against 101+ compared to nearly three quarters of the Beakers against 1-100. The Zags have less margin for error as they have been tested much less. Nevertheless, both are probably 2 seeds and correctly so. KU will probably be expected to split their 2 remaining regular season games and that will not hurt them because of who they are playing.

If WSU dropped off their 10 200+ games for 7 games against top 25 teams and 3 against 26-50, how would you feel about going 6-4 in those games and being 24-7 and a 2 seed?

Comment

• How is Illinois in the discussion for the Dance?

They lost 3 of 4 solid non conference games. True, no bad losses (OOC) but 6 awful games, 7 if you count Mizzou (and I do) as awful.

In conference, for every good win (Maryland, Purdue I guess, @ Michigan State) there are bad losses (@Nebraska, Indiana at home, at Minnesota). Sorry but beating Rutgers, Northwestern X2 and Penn State to crawl to 8-8 in a decent conference doesn't impress me.

Comment

Working...
                                X