Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will start for the Shockers against Memphis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    19 ppg and 10 rbg at one of the virginia academies. i'd say that guy is seriously underrated. the staff outdid themselves at this years recruiting class/newcomers.

just a hunch, but wamukota will be the fifth starter.
    I picked Bush Wam as well. I would think that the defensive length at the start of the game would set a nice tone.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
      Have any of you ever actually seen the new guys in a scrimmage?
      yes

Comment

You can take this question one of two ways--who will start or who will play the most minutes alongside Carter. It is easy to imagine B-Wam filling Orukpe's role where he starts and plays about 10 minutes a game leaving someone else starter's minutes. Also post by committee 2013-14 seems quite likely.
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
          You can take this question one of two ways--who will start or who will play the most minutes alongside Carter. It is easy to imagine B-Wam filling Orukpe's role where he starts and plays about 10 minutes a game leaving someone else starter's minutes. Also post by committee 2013-14 seems quite likely.
          Who plays the most minutes will be solely based on matchups. We have a front line to go small, medium, large, or jumbo based on matchups. I expect Bush to get a lot of minutes against Evansville, not so many against Southern Illinois.

Comment

Bush is pretty thin...hopefully he will bulk up but man is he tall.

The freshman from Sunrise is going to see the court, a lot.

Probably noted elsewhere, and obviously not a big deal, but Sky Williams is no longer with the team and they'll be adding one more walk on at some point.

Comment

Marshall looks at winning the tip as an extra possession. My money's on Bush.
              Source: See 2012/13

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                Marshall looks at winning the tip as an extra possession. My money's on Bush.
                Source: See 2012/13
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Bush is pretty thin...hopefully he will bulk up but man is he tall.

The freshman from Sunrise is going to see the court, a lot.

Probably noted elsewhere, and obviously not a big deal, but Sky Williams is no longer with the team and they'll be adding one more walk on at some point.
                  Which freshman from Sunrise do you speak of?
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Signman View Post
                    yes
                    Care to comment on your thoughts?
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Probably Nurger.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        Probably Nurger.
                        that's the way I read it

Comment

I'm also on the Bush train. Early on, Darius will probably get a ton of minutes rotating between the 4 and 5 until the new guys get acclimated. We have Bush/Shaq/Nurger that can eventually take minutes at the 5 and Glass/Kelly at the 4, but Carter will have to play alongside any of these guys, at least in the front half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            Yeah, I didn't do a good job of qualifying that remark, sorry. Nurger is very talented, solid, and moves well. I expect him to get a fair share, if not more, of post minutes available. The kid's good.

But Zach Brown is going to play a lot as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              I'm also on the Bush train. Early on, Darius will probably get a ton of minutes rotating between the 4 and 5 until the new guys get acclimated. We have Bush/Shaq/Nurger that can eventually take minutes at the 5 and Glass/Kelly at the 4, but Carter will have to play alongside any of these guys, at least in the front half of the season.
                              Carter average 25 minutes per
                              That leaves 55 to be shared by possibly 5 guys
                              Average 11 minutes. Doubt it pan out that way
                              At least they would be fresh.

Comment

It would be interesting to see how a WSU all-freshman team would do against the Valley. Brown, Kelly, Nurger, Shaq, Holland and Henderson. We have all five positions covered and then some.

Comment

Working...
                                X