Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will start for the Shockers against Memphis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@JonRothstein: Who starts up front for Wichita State next to Darius Carter? It could be 6-7 frosh Rashard Kelly. Always in attack mode. Strong. Physical.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Ask me after Shocker Madness.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Maybe I read too much into it, but the 5 guys who were in the video of Charles Koch's Ice Bucket Challenge were Fred, Ron, Tekele, Evan, and Darius.
        Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
          Maybe I read too much into it, but the 5 guys who were in the video of Charles Koch's Ice Bucket Challenge were Fred, Ron, Tekele, Evan, and Darius.
          It has not been uncommon for Marshall to limit the media exposure of new players early on. Those 5 are the only returning letter-winners.

Comment

Only starters get to dump icy water on Charles Koch. He would be terribly offended if a bench player did so.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
              Only starters get to dump icy water on Charles Koch. He would be terribly offended if a bench player did so.
              I have wondered if the athletic department makes sure that when they do those thank you cards from the student-athletes to donors if they make sure that the bigtime donors get the thank you cards from the more prominent student-athletes. No offense to the track kids, for example, but I'm sure that the kids who score few/no points at the Valley meets aren't the ones who write the notes to Koch, Devlin, etc.
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                I have wondered if the athletic department makes sure that when they do those thank you cards from the student-athletes to donors if they make sure that the bigtime donors get the thank you cards from the more prominent student-athletes. No offense to the track kids, for example, but I'm sure that the kids who score few/no points at the Valley meets aren't the ones who write the notes to Koch, Devlin, etc.
                Good point... my thank you notes usually come from the WSU team.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I dont think so, few years back I got a card from David Kyles and the tickets are in row 31, looked like a lady wrote the card though?

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    It has not been uncommon for Marshall to limit the media exposure of new players early on. Those 5 are the only returning letter-winners.
                    This. The vacant spots in the front court haven't been determined.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      @JonRothstein: Who starts up front for Wichita State next to Darius Carter? It could be 6-7 frosh Rashard Kelly. Always in attack mode. Strong. Physical.
                      Kelly only got a handful of votes in this poll, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wins it.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Starters

Have any of you ever actually seen the new guys in a scrimmage?

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                          No, but it's a pre-season poll. If I am right I will not gloat, if I am wrong I won't eat crow. The idea of this type of thread is to spark conversation and speculation in the off-season.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                            Sounds like you've been able to catch the fellas play a little- who's your best guess for the 5 spot?

Comment

Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
                              I dont think so, few years back I got a card from David Kyles and the tickets are in row 31, looked like a lady wrote the card though?
                              The designated SASO thank you card writer; I believe it was USC that had the designated 'pisser'; everyone passed their drug tests. On second thought, that may have been a line from the movie Johnny B-Good. :)
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                                19 ppg and 10 rbg at one of the virginia academies. i'd say that guy is seriously underrated. the staff outdid themselves at this years recruiting class/newcomers.

just a hunch, but wamukota will be the fifth starter.

Comment

Working...
                                X