Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will start for the Shockers against Memphis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Looks like EW will start at the 4 early on. I assume that once RK or Big Bush or Nurger gets comfortable, Ev will see more of his minutes at the 3.
    Yep! I think EW starting at the 4 ends against NMSU. Those guys are big. We are going to need big bodies. It will be a challenge for our young front court, but I doubt Wessel can guard a 6-10 forward.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• I don't think Nurger is ready to guard their bigs either. I still expect EW to start. He doesn't have the height but he is strong and can do other things to neutralize their size. They have to guard him too and I don't think their big will like guarding him either.

Guess it mostly depends how practice goes this week. Maybe Nurger or Bwam make more strides.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
        I don't think Nurger is ready to guard their bigs either. I still expect EW to start. He doesn't have the height but he is strong and can do other things to neutralize their size. They have to guard him too and I don't think their big will like guarding him either.

Guess it mostly depends how practice goes this week. Maybe Nurger or Bwam make more strides.
        I'd put 6-10, 242 Nurger on their 6-10, 262 big and drag him around the perimeter on the offensive end. Force the Aggies 6-8, 225 senior forward to body up 6-7, 245 Carter in the paint. Bring in Kelly for more of the same and Big Bush for a change of pace.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Sometimes we place boundaries around our kids and Marshall is less likely to do this. I don't care who starts but I expect Weasel to play the 4 some, and Marshall will make some calculations regarding who is more effective and they will get more minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            I'd put 6-10, 242 Nurger on their 6-10, 262 big and drag him around the perimeter on the offensive end. Force the Aggies 6-8, 225 senior forward to body up 6-7, 245 Carter in the paint. Bring in Kelly for more of the same and Big Bush for a change of pace.
            That would be ok on offense. Not sold it would be good enough defensively though
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• 19. Memphis' exhibition loss to Division II Christian Brothers will prove to be more of an omen than a fluke. The Tigers also struggled on their summer tour of Canada and lost to rebuilding Saint Louis in a secret scrimmage. Expect some early struggles as Kedren Johnson shakes the rust off and the rest of the backcourt adjusts to new roles."

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                19. Memphis' exhibition loss to Division II Christian Brothers will prove to be more of an omen than a fluke. The Tigers also struggled on their summer tour of Canada and lost to rebuilding Saint Louis in a secret scrimmage. Expect some early struggles as Kedren Johnson shakes the rust off and the rest of the backcourt adjusts to new roles."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...004808131.html
                Well, this thread lost some of its luster...
                β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• This thread is a pretty solid read in retrospect :) It's ripe for the picking.

Comment

• A lot of wrong people so far.

Comment

• I will go with wessel

Comment

• I'm the biggest loser. I listed 5 possibilities as poll options and they were all wrong. I chose Bush, but he barely saw the court.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                        X