MVC tourney announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Actually it's not ridiculous. Will never happen, but it would give proper incentive for schools to focus on winning instead of just showing up.
    Agreed, although I prefer it be based on the current year's winner. I think all conference tournaments with post-season implications, in all sports, should favor or even heavily favor, the team that proved they were the best throughout the conference regular season.

It drives me nuts in the baseball tournament when they alternate home team and even flip a coin for home team. Just give it to the higher seed, they earned it over 10 weeks of playing. Otherwise, you're seriously only using the conference season (a large majority of every season!) to determine who wears what color in the first set of games.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      If 6k+ WSU fans will drive 6.5 hours to St. Louis, you don't think more would drive 4.5 to Omaha? Even with free beer I'm not sure you'd get enough Omaha fans to come out just to root against WSU.
      Very, very few Omahans would root against Wichita State. You'd be surprised.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        Omahans
        Can I get a pronunciation on that?

And I would be surprised. Not so much against BCS teams or the like, but against other Valley foes, I'd have to believe there would be some anti-WSU sentiment.

Comment

‏@PaulS:uellentrop
          .@KirkRAnd On vacation. Everything I heard informally pointed to St. Louis as still the best bid. I'd be surprised if it moves.

Comment

Can I get a pronunciation on that?

And I would be surprised. Not so much against BCS teams or the like, but against other Valley foes, I'd have to believe there would be some anti-WSU sentiment.
            I can't give a pronunciation, but in reality, you would have very, very little anti-WSU sentiments. When Creighton divorced the Valley, they left with little hard feelings. Most Creighton fans want to see good things from the Valley and don't hold a grudge. They also see Wichita State as the only team left that really tries, so yep, they'd support that. There were tons of people from Omaha cheering for Wichita State last year. Not everyone, but like I said, you be surprised. Now pass the SlimJim's!
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
              KC- Sexton told them if you want us to stay, move it to KC!
              Well if getting KC means we stay for another decade, then I DON'T want KC. Make it St. Louis again so we can get the hell out of here.

Comment

Vegas

Baby!

Comment

I don't really have an opinion, but I'll be damned if I am going to let an opportunity to ***** about the MVC pass me by. No matter what they decide it's stupid, and Elgin's a dumb-ass.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

$99 Red eye flight. $150 rooms. Basketball. Cheap buffets. Gambling. Cheap drinks. Hookers. More basketball. Tom Jones. Caesars. Bowling at the Orleans (too bad the Showboat is gone). Gregg Marshall. Binions. Breakfast buffet.

Yep, it should be Vegas.

Comment

Gold and Silver Pawn Shop. Say hi to Chumlee!

Comment

Elgin really did some great things for this league. But it's probably been time for him to have moved on for 5+ years now.
                        Never forget it was Doug Elgin that called Gregg Marshall and said in no uncertain terms, Gregg, it's time for you to go and the place you should go is Wichita State.

In my book, he gets a LOT of passes for making that phone call. A LOT.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Never forget it was Doug Elgin that called Gregg Marshall and said in no uncertain terms, Gregg, it's time for you to go and the place you should go is Wichita State.

In my book, he gets a LOT of passes for making that phone call. A LOT.
                          Never knew that...

DAMMIT. Why did you have to make me respect him...

Comment

Originally posted by KraRam View Post
                            ‏@PaulS:uellentrop
                            .@KirkRAnd On vacation. Everything I heard informally pointed to St. Louis as still the best bid. I'd be surprised if it moves.
                            Also they're having the press conference in St. Louis. Would they hold a press conference to announce they're going to Chicago? Maybe I'm reading too much into that.

Comment

I hope it's KC, but St. Louis is probably the safe bet as Elgin won't want to further alienate the Shockers.
                              Vegas and Indianapolis is out. Chicago is a possibility along with the new conference name change to the Illinois Valley Conference.
                              Would love to see KC though. I'm sure Sexton is pushing hard for KC and using his clout.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                                Also they're having the press conference in St. Louis. Would they hold a press conference to announce they're going to Chicago? Maybe I'm reading too much into that.
                                Because that's where their office is

Comment

Working...
                                X