Marshalls Quotes in the Eagle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshalls Quotes in the Eagle!

We looked good," Marshall said. "Then they started pressing us and we looked like we had never seen pressure. There was fear in our eyes, and once it starts going south, there's no stopping it with this group."
    &

Disappointing, frustrating, ridiculous," he said. "It's hard to believe. It is what it is. A couple more weeks."
    I surprised nobody has picked up on this... discuss...
    Pass the Doughnuts!

There's nothing new here. He's said as much in many interviews, that the talent and heart just isn't there and "we'll get 'em next year." I'm not a fan of it. Others don't mind.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

HCGM would clearly seem to pretty much wear his emotions on his sleeve and, so far, his MO seems to be to pretty much say whatever is on his mind. No doubt, there was a lot of emotion behind those statements and not doubt they were exactly what HCGM was thinking to himself.

I doubt that HCGM's every word received anywhere near the scrutiny at Winthrop that is does at WSU and maybe he will have to learn to keep some of his thoughts to himself, especially in those very emotional moments immediately following a game, particularly a game like last night.

Also, HCGM has never had to deal with a season like this so it is a learning process for him also.

Coach Turgeon himself has had a few rocky moments this year with statements he has made.

It has to be tough for a Coach to try to wind down the intensity so quickly after a game. Some guys are simply better at it than others. Some are just naturally more laid back. Laid back though does not describe HCGM. He is one intense dude. Not sure how long he can burn his flame as hot as he does, but I suspect we will see some maturing and maybe even a slight mellowing over his time at WSU.

Comment

What's worse quotes like that or the site of a coach burying his face in his hands, wallowing in self pity on the bench?

Comment

In my opionion its much worse to say pubically basically that you hate your team, they suck as players, and I have already quit and i wish the season was over.
          Pass the Doughnuts!

Comment

It's worse to be fat.

Comment

LOL! I think it is worse to be a monster!
              Pass the Doughnuts!

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                What's worse quotes like that are the site of a coach burying his face in his hands, wallowing in self pity on the bench?
                pubically? :D

Here's one from the Terre Haute Tribune Star:

“Disappointing, frustrating, ridiculous, you name it,” said Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall on the double collapse. “That’s what we are, that’s what we do.”
                :whistle:

Comment

This all makes you wonder which happened first?

Coach lost the team
                  or
                  Coach gave up on team :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown

Coach lost the team
                    or
                    I think there were some players on this team that never bought into Marshall system from the very start.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                      Originally posted by shocktown

Coach lost the team
                      or
                      I think there were some players on this team that never bought into Marshall system from the very start.
                      I think it's more probable that several players that were needed to be key this year gave up in Vegas next year, and still haven't regained their passion for the game.

Comment

I'm thinking someone in this topic has a fighter in this bout between a current and former coach, and is thusly being somewhat disengenuous. I find that to be quite uncool.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Comment

This is copied from my take on the "And so it begins" thread. I still believe it firmly

"The current state of Shockers basketball started last year, shortly after we were ranked #8. After a couple of losses, anytime they made a couple of mistakes and the oppossing team started to make a run, the team got that mindset of "Oh No, here we go again" instead of buckling down and playing tougher and smarter. They got that mindset of trying not to lose, that losing teams have instead of playing to win. Rightly, you can say that HCGM hasn't been able to correct it, but neither could MT. That's two really good coachs that were unable to change the players mindset. Unfortunately the longer it goes on, the more momentum it gains. We saw that last night. At this point I don't think Vince Lambardi could get this team to believe in themselves.

I still think HCGM was a great hire but Shocker fans are going to have to have a ton of patience."

Comment

I don't care what he says anymore. Its quite obvious he doesn't get along with most of the players and he doesn't care what he says about them. If it continues next season when he gets his own recruits in and gets rid of the holdovers, then we may have a problem.
                            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

The man tells the truth. It may be hard to hear, but it is what it is... He is their coach and father figure on the court not their friend.

If you keep sugarcoating everything as a coach, they will never learn or be challenged.

Make the players man up.

Comment

Working...
                              X