No announcement yet.

Marshalls Quotes in the Eagle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is public embarrassment such a big deal to everyone? I was publicly and privately embarrassed in front of large crowds and teammates a few times when I played college baseball and I turned out just fine. It made me mad and I wanted to make sure that didn't happen again, so I worked harder and changed my ways. If you play a high level of athletics, you have to be able to take tough criticism or you'll never succeed. And please, everyone, stop comparing high level athletics to the corporate world, they're not even remotely similar. Trust me, I've been apart of both.
    Exactly. Thank you very much for this reply. :) :goshocks:

Comment

:good: :good:
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
        Gregg is a better game coach than Mark. No doubt about it.
        I agree there, but he's second when it comes to his speaking skills.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
          Originally posted by shockball
          Gregg is a better game coach than Mark. No doubt about it.
          I agree there, but he's second when it comes to his speaking skills.
          Hey Royal, please add a thumbs down emoticon. j/k fever
          SFL is back!

Comment

Yes Shockerfever what we need is a return to the "I don't know what to do...and at this level" statements.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
              Yes Shockerfever what we need is a return to the "I don't know what to do...and at this level" statements.
              I'm still a huge Turgeon fan, but I sure don't miss those kind of comments.
              SFL is back!

Comment

I think everyone can agree that when the teams were winning, both coaches seemed to say all the right things and the opposite was also true. It's all pretty relative to the current environment.
                Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth007
                  I think everyone can agree that when the teams were winning, both coaches seemed to say all the right things and the opposite was also true. It's all pretty relative to the current environment.
                  :yes: :good:

Comment

Let's see: A coach admitting that his team is bunch of failures and that he has given up on them or.. an I don't know what to do.

I agree the second response is lame and boring and old. But it's pretty standard in what is said in coachspeak in those situations. Some things are better left unsaid, especially the whole part about a coach giving up on the season. That's pretty low. I don't think I've ever heard that one before.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      Originally posted by Smooth007
                      :yes: :good:

Comment

I must've missed something. When did he say he had given up on the team and that they were a bunch of failures?
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
                          I must've missed something. When did he say he had given up on the team and that they were a bunch of failures?
                          Im assuming the quote "Only two more weeks"

Of course im assuming thats what those people mean

Comment

"it is what it is, only a couple more weeks" in no way says he has given up. He will continue to put forth the effort, and hopes the team will as well. There isn't much that can be done to change anything now, except winning the tourney. It is what it is, only a couple more weeks.

Comment

The quotes in the Eagle weren't quite as bad as some of the blurbs in the postgame show:
                              "We weren't gonna make a shot. We weren't gonna get a rebound.."

"I knew when it went to overtime, we were done."

I don't think you can sugarcoat those remarks. I'd love to see you try though.

I thought what Marshall said at the beginning of the interview was interesting:

"I'm not gonna say much because people don't like what I have to say."

Who are the 'people' he was referring to and what exactly does that mean?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Well, when Coach Marshall utters, "I am at a loss...", how is it so much different than the Coach Turgeon quote.

Coach Marshall has sounded every bit as down in the dumps as Coach Turgeon, after a loss. In fact, Coach Marshall, after the SIU loss, sounded far worse than Coach Turgeon ever did after a loss. To Coach Marshall's credit, the post game interview lasted about 2-3 minutes.

Coaches are competitive. Very good coaches are very competitive. The worst time to interview them is right after a tough loss. Unfortunately, the coaches have no choice in the matter, except try not to say something dumb.

Comment

Working...
                                X