No announcement yet.

Marshalls Quotes in the Eagle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since coach has given up on this year, does that mean he should give up the 750 g's this year?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

...stuff is said in the heat of the moment. Everyone needs to stop acting like Coach isn't human. He said what he said. The man has not given up and you know that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
        Since coach has given up on this year, does that mean he should give up the 750 g's this year?
        Come on, are you serious?

That's pretty much trolling.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
          Originally posted by ShockerFever
          Come on, are you serious?

That's pretty much trolling.
          Trolling?

I'm not the one saying that coach has given up. It was he himself who did. What did I do wrong this time? Geez..
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This is a team that has no confidence or swagger offensively. Gal seems to still believe in his offense(unfortunately) and he goes 1-10. What burns HCGM is that in the last 2-3 minutes of a game we go into a shell on offense and then the defense becomes soft and tentative also. This team just does not know how to fight harder than the other team when the game is on the line. Defense and rebounding is effort pure and simple.
            "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
            which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

What can you expect the guy to do? Go on camera and say "I just don't know what to do?" How many frickin times did we all hear that last year? At least he says what the problem is, instead of saying he "Has no clue"!

This isn't his team.
              They don't seem to want to play hard.
              This problem didn't start while HCGM was coach.
              The problem should mostly be fixed after the season with personnel changes.
              What can you expect with only 10 healthy players?

Comment

He's the coach and he has the right to say anything he wants to anyone in an interview.

Ultimately, he's the one responsible for whatever he says also. If he winds up losing his job because of something he said, he has no one else to blame but himself.

If it were me, I would say what's on my mind. If I'm going to go down in flames it's going to be because of what I thought I should do...not because of what someone else thought I should do.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
                  He's the coach and he has the right to say anything he wants to anyone in an interview.

Ultimately, he's the one responsible for whatever he says also. If he winds up losing his job because of something he said, he has no one else to blame but himself.

If it were me, I would say what's on my mind. If I'm going to go down in flames it's going to be because of what I thought I should do...not because of what someone else thought I should do.
                  Couldn't agree more.

Comment

I agree also. HCGM's game management has gotten better other the year. I think he has improved and adjusted to this league a bit over the season. He has coached them to a place in many of the games to win it, and what do they do...freak out and loose.

Comment

Gregg is a better game coach than Mark. No doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                        HCGM would clearly seem to pretty much wear his emotions on his sleeve and, so far, his MO seems to be to pretty much say whatever is on his mind. No doubt, there was a lot of emotion behind those statements and not doubt they were exactly what HCGM was thinking to himself.

I doubt that HCGM's every word received anywhere near the scrutiny at Winthrop that is does at WSU and maybe he will have to learn to keep some of his thoughts to himself, especially in those very emotional moments immediately following a game, particularly a game like last night.

Also, HCGM has never had to deal with a season like this so it is a learning process for him also.

Coach Turgeon himself has had a few rocky moments this year with statements he has made.

It has to be tough for a Coach to try to wind down the intensity so quickly after a game. Some guys are simply better at it than others. Some are just naturally more laid back. Laid back though does not describe HCGM. He is one intense dude. Not sure how long he can burn his flame as hot as he does, but I suspect we will see some maturing and maybe even a slight mellowing over his time at WSU.
                        You are right about that... He would of never recieved any sort of scrutiny at the WU. He was a God here. Very emotional say what you want type of coach, which I'm sure you guys are seeing. Hopefully he can bring you guys back up next year. But he will not mellow, the more pressure, the more intense he gets, this is coach Marshall.

Comment

Some will say we had to pay that much to get HCGM which may or may not be true. I think anyone that expects we will get our money's worth this year, or next year, has expectations that are out of line. You have to look at it as an investment for the future. The problem is about the time coaches start "earning" those huge salaries, someone else is wanting to hire them away and then you start over.

I thought it was a mistake when we raised MT's salary after the Sweet 16 run. I thought instead it should have been the same base salary and loaded with incentives (100k to win the conference, 100k to win the MVC Tournament, 200k to advance in the NCAA Tournament, ...) I was beat up for saying it then and will probably be beat for saying it now. Just my philosophy... Oh, by the way, I was beat up for being stupid and not realizing that if we didn't give MT a big raise we would have lost him. Guess what happened even though we gave him the big raise? Now we have just paid 900k a year for the past two years to finish near the bottom of the league....

THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE ANYTHING NEGATIVE ON HCGM!!! Just once you start paying a HUGE coaching salary it is hard to go back. Do we have a consistantly good enough program to be paying out that kind of money regardless of whether we succeed or not? I personally have issues having one of the highest paid coaches in the conference and finishing at the bottom of the conference. I do think that two years from now nobody will questions whether we are getting what we paid for with HCGM. Time will tell....

Comment

Ive always wondered when everything that was loved about Marshall would come back and bite him in the ass.

I dont have any problems with what hes doing. Yeah yelling in the middle of a game to not pass it to a certain player but you cant be mad at him for it because you know you and and every other shocker fan watching the game on TV was yelling the same thing.

Unfortunately people in Wichita seem to overly sensitve about EVERYTHING so when somebody says something whether they think about it or not seems to get their tampons jammed.

Can the man change the wording in some of his statements to make them a tad bit less harsh - absolutely. But do we really have a problem with the man being a straight shooter?

Comment

It never pays to trash players publicly. Never.

That kind of talk belongs in the locker room.

There is not a single poster on this fine forum, who would approve of being publicly humiliated in the media by his manager. None.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                                It never pays to trash players publicly. Never.

That kind of talk belongs in the locker room.

There is not a single poster on this fine forum, who would approve of being publicly humiliated in the media by his manager. None.
                                I understand what your saying, but different people react differently. If it was my manager publicly humilating me, I would want to do EVERYTHING in my power to make sure it never happened again. Meaning I would work harder and bust my butt to ensure he didn't have anything to say. Maybe that shows my age? But every coach I had from high school through college motivated us using public humiliation. Maybe the majority of kids don't react well to that anymore???

Comment

Working...
                                X