No announcement yet.

Marshall to the Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't a hiuge fan of Shakey's Pizza (at least the one at 13th and Oliver); I much preferred Angelo's. But I'd gladly take whatever Shakey's, which apparently still exists on the west coast, has to offer over a Valley Special.

People can dream all they want about "perfect" leagues for WSU, but that's exactly what they are -- dreams. Meanwhile, back in what might actually have a chance to become reality some day, the AAC -- with or without Connecticut -- would be a quantum leap up from the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I used to love Shakey's Pizza.
      First real Pizza I ever had. Seneca and Pawnee.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

^^^^^^I wrecked my buddies 1970 Torino GT in that Shakeys parking lot. He was drunk so I was going to drive him home. As I was backing out, he threw the door open to puke, just in time to hit the light pole with his open door. Moved it clear to the front fender. Fun night.
        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          I believe this was the sign at the 13th & Oliver Shakey's.

This takes me down memory lane. The hand tossed pizzas, balloon's tied to little cardboard feet and the player piano.

I also recall some funny men's restroom graffiti above the urinal, (written high upon the wall), "If you can piss above this line, the Hillsboro Fire Department want's you." I told my father I should be a Fireman.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

A fraternity brother from k state owned the Shakey's franchise in Wichita and he would let us have rush parties at the one on Seneca and Pawnee until we tried to load up the player piano and take it back to the house. Youth is wasted on the young.

Comment

Marshall to Lakers --> ... --> "Borrowing" player piano from Shakey's Pizza.

Shockernet rocks!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Kentucky doesn't look like it will be a place for marshall anytime soon :)

Kentucky has signed men's basketball coach John Calipari to a new seven-year, $52.5 million contract, the school announced Thursday.
                Calipari led the Wildcats to the school's 16th Final Four appearance this past season.
                Calipari will receive a package of $6.55 million next season and $8.05 million each of the final three seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                  ^^^^^^I wrecked my buddies 1970 Torino GT in that Shakeys parking lot. He was drunk so I was going to drive him home. As I was backing out, he threw the door open to puke, just in time to hit the light pole with his open door. Moved it clear to the front fender. Fun night.
                  By chance did you happen to attend East HS in the early 1980's? My brother had a Torino about that vintage that got wrecked.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    By chance did you happen to attend East HS in the early 1980's? My brother had a Torino about that vintage that got wrecked.
                    I went to East in the early 80s and I remember that Torino. PM me because for the life of me I can't remember who drove it.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      That cat with the cool hat and mustache could play the piano.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        Nope, South High Colonels, class of 70. The Torino was brand new, fewer than 200 miles on it. Graduation gift from his folks.
                        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Working...
                        X