Marshall to the Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall to the Lakers

I just wanted to start it before someone else did.

Kim Anderson hired by Lakers-Missou to target GM
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I heard he was buying the Clippers.

Comment

If Marshall goes to the Lakers, how soon do they trade for Toure Murry, acquire Stutz and draft Cle?

Kobe and Gasol for Melo and Murry? Replace Gasol with Garrett? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
          No, I'm buying the Clippers. I'm pretty racist too, but it's just against Asians, so I think they'll overlook it.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
            Kim Anderson hired by Lakers-Missou to target GM
            Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
            Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
            If Marshall goes to the Lakers, how soon do they trade for Toure Murry, acquire Stutz and draft Cle?

Kobe and Gasol for Melo and Murry? Replace Gasol with Garrett? :)
            Thanks everyone for the LOLs this morning!
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I figured the rumor would be Calipari to Lakers, Marshall to Kentucky. You know that stepping stone thing I've been reading about lately. (Insert eye roll)

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                I figured the rumor would be Calipari to Lakers, Marshall to Kentucky. You know that stepping stone thing I've been reading about lately. (Insert eye roll)
                Except that's one of the few scenarios that's actually plausible. I don't think that Coach Cal will leave, but if he did there would be a lot of hand ringing around here.

Comment

and with good reason, imo

Comment

This is the most likely scenario IMO under which I think Marshall could/would depart Wichita. A few other Southern Universities could offer a geographical location that appeals to Marshall and then couple it with a financial package that would induce him to leave the Shockers. But I do not think this is likely to occur.

Comment

(Insert eye roll)
                      Post of the day about all "Marshall here," "Marshall there" threads or posts. Some people just can't stop ruminating -- one might even say obsessing -- about the circumstances under which Marshall may (which by definition = may not; the two are synonymous) leave, instead of just enjoying what we have. Doc had it right wherever it was that he said recently, These days even the offseason is fun.

Comment

Calipari is a proven loser in the NBA. Can't imagine the Lakers having even the slightest bit of interest, but if they did and he did go we probably should get nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by benishock View Post
                          Calipari is a proven loser in the NBA.
                          It is much more difficult to gain a competitive advantage by cheating in order to get good players in the NBA. Level playing fields show weaknesses.

One of the most impressive things about Marshall, he is winning big from the crap side of an uneven playing field.

Comment

Originally posted by benishock View Post
                            Calipari is a proven loser in the NBA. Can't imagine the Lakers having even the slightest bit of interest, but if they did and he did go we probably should get nervous.
                            Pete Carroll was a proven loser in the NFL when Seattle hired him.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                              Pete Carroll was a proven loser in the NFL when Seattle hired him.
                              Oh, he's still a proven loser.

Comment

Working...
                              X