Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      3 million = NO MO

4 million = NO MO

5 million = NO MO

Should I continue?

I'm 99.9% sure he isn't leaving for MO.
      Damnit why couldnt you be 100%
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

It's been special...(but) there's some work left to be done. The best is yet to come.'
        -- Gregg Marshall (4/24/14)

Comment

I did not see Lynn, Kellen, or Maggie there. Thought that was a bit odd.

And Sexton was kind of off hanging out in the sideline.

3G and Devon Smith kind of jetted out of there in a hurry afterword. Presumably to get back to the recruit that's in town?

Comment

rumor on Twitter is that Kim Anderson will be named the new Head Coach for Mizzou in the morning
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

espn.go.com

Comment

Sorry, saw it on the Mizzou board and it was WAY too good to not post here.

And of course, the link keeps bouncing in and out. Hopefully it comes back up at some point, it's funny crap.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  Sorry, saw it on the Mizzou board and it was WAY too good to not post here.

And of course, the link keeps bouncing in and out. Hopefully it comes back up at some point, it's funny crap.
                  Yeah, somebody put some serious work into that. It is like a dissertation for a PhD in internet trolling.

If they could have gotten a more reliable link, and figured out how to get the url to match I might have had the need to change my shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                    ...to outright say he's flat out NOT leaving for Missouri is foolish.
                    No, it's not.

Missouri is a crap program compared to what he's already turned down, and the athletic department at Mizzou is a mess right now. Missouri is a FB school. Marshall would be an afterthought on campus, in Columbia, and in the athletic department. That doesn't fit Marshall's style at all.

Marshall will replace a coach who either retires or goes to the NBA. He will not replace a coach who leaves a BCS school for a job at a "mid-major" (and by now pretty much all of the media no longer thinks WSU is "mid-major").

Mizzou just went through a lengthy negotiating process with Pinkel and his assistants. Mizzou also leaned heavy on their donors for $$ for facilities when they joined the SEC. If they paid Marshall what it would take to get him, Pinkel would have a cow and demand to renegotiate his contract again. Does that give you some clue why Mizzou hasn't contacted Marshall and Marshall has said nothing about the job?

Alden knows he can't pay Marshall what it would take to get him because he'd have to hit up the already-hit-up donors and deal with the FB staff that just put him through a nasty negotiation.

Mizzou is actually a step down from WSU in coaching status right now. WSU pays more. WSU supports the coach better. The fans support the program better. Mizzou's athletic department and fanbase are under some question right now. Lots of turnover and the fans appear about ready to turn on Alden.

Marshall to Mizzou is simply a non-issue. Mizzou is unlikely to actually go after him. Marshall is even more unlikely to consider the offer for a millisecond.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Cle Early was interviewed tonight after the celebration, and the interviewed aired on the KWCH newscast. It was mostly in reference to the NBA combine and related stuff. At the end though, Jenn Bates delivered this:

JB - "One thing Cle does know is Gregg Marshall - better than most anyone - and his thoughts on Marshall's future should give comfort to the Shocker faithful"

CE - "If he (3G) gets options to do something else he might consider it, but I don't really see him going anywhere... "

Consider Jenn also put out these tweets during the event:

Great chat just now with @Clearly_BallLyf on NBA and how he thinks Marshall isn't going anywhere. Gonna miss this kid!

Marshall just made reference to 'our staff next year'. For what it's worth.

"We didn't get to cut the nets down in Dallas so there's some work to be done," Gregg Marshall just now. #shockers #watchus

Comment

frankly the Tenn job would have been better than the Mizzou job. No. 1 reason it wasn't in Missouri.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          I've got it! Alden is looking for a proven winner with extensive head coaching experience that he can hire on the cheap. It's so obvious - Steve Eck!
                          You know it's a dead thread when someone can mention Steve Eck without attracting flames from six different directions.

Maybe Kim Anderson will hire Eck as an assistant.

Comment

We need a new #1 assistant. Maybe 3G needs to fly on over to Banjoville,MO and pick himself up a Kim Anderson. I mean top assistant under a dude like 3G, or a HC gig at a D1 cluster-fark basket case program, seem like similar opportunities.

Comment

looks like it might be a done deal - Mizzou has started raising money for HCGM

Capture.jpg

Comment

Maybe if they all cash in their meth labs, they might have a shot at the mil.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X