R rumors allowed on this board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
    So the fact WSU was being put on three probabtion by the NCAA had nothing to do with it??? Or did you just block that part from ur memory.

In the case of Dreiling, both were true.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales View Post
      Lots of hurt feelings in this thread...

Frankamp not playing more this season was a reflection on Self's bias rather than CF's ability. I think it's safe to say that Self has had some sleepless nights over his decision to go all in with Tharpe early this season. It backfired significantly. KU is most likely still playing this weekend if Self had turned the role over to Frankamp.

Frankamp was actually better on defense than expected. He was solid. He also had a total of 3 turnovers in 225 minutes of playing time this season...including none after Jan 13. Yes, you read that right. He also shot better than 36% from three in the 11 games that he played 10 or more minutes.

FYI as it relates to the redshirt question. Self simply doesn't redshirt freshmen unless it's a medical redshirt. He likes to preserve the transfer option. Redshirting is a 2nd year decision at KU.

KU's plus - minus with Frankamp in the game down the stretch was comical. Frankamp was the best point guard on KU's roster and Self quite simply screwed the pooch.

CF certainly made a poor college decision based on emotion. KU's system is a very bad fit for him. He would be well advised to transfer, but I imagine he will stick it out and play his four seasons without one off the ball pick.

Anyone in this thread who believes Frankamp wouldn't be a slam dunk option for WSU is delusional. I am glad our coach is more intelligent than a butt hurt group of fans.
      Frankamp had a legendary attitude problem when he played here in Wichita. And he routinely taunted the fans, the opposing bench and even the opposing coaches. Unless he's had an attitude adjustment, that alone is enough to make him a bad fit here.
      Last edited by Shock Therapy; March 27, 2014, 04:15 PM.

Comment

The rumor I heard is a trade. Baker for Frankamp. Don't ask me where I heard it...

Ron wants to transfer because Evan is leaving to play football at KU and they are golfing buddies,.

;-)

I also heard that Bill Self is leaving to coach at Oklahoma Stste, Gregg is going to KU and Travis Ford will coach the Shox as part of a stock swap between Charles Koch and T, Boone Pickens.
        Last edited by jocoshock; March 27, 2014, 04:18 PM.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

If there was one nice thing about Marshall coaching at KU, it would be getting to listen to some of my KU fan friends change from their current tune, which is "I don't like Gregg Marshall's attitude and he doesnt hae what it takes to coach at KU," into "you know, I always liked the guy deep down"

:)

I predict that it would be very predictable

Comment

He also had a total of 3 turnovers in 225 minutes of playing time this season...including none after Jan 13.
            That's not really a good thing. Frankamp was being too careful with the ball and wasn't taking the kind of chances that point guards need to take to set up their teammates. During that end of the season stretch he only had 10 assists. He finished the year with the same assist rate as Embiid.

Comment

R Rumors Allowed on this Board?

Of course R rumors are allowed. I heard that they are going to switch R and U in the alphabet because U is a better fit to follow Q. However, many younger and more tech savvy folks argue it should be left as is with the prevalence of digital QR codes in use today.

I believe this is the first on-topic post on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                R Rumors Allowed on this Board?

Of course R rumors are allowed. I heard that they are going to switch R and U in the alphabet because U is a better fit to follow Q. However, many younger and more tech savvy folks argue it should be left as is with the prevalence of digital QR codes in use today.
                I too like my R rumors.

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Frankamp not playing more this season was a reflection on Self's bias rather than CF's ability. I think it's safe to say that Self has had some sleepless nights over his decision to go all in with Tharpe early this season. It backfired significantly. KU is most likely still playing this weekend if Self had turned the role over to Frankamp.

Frankamp was actually better on defense than expected. He was solid. He also had a total of 3 turnovers in 225 minutes of playing time this season...including none after Jan 13. Yes, you read that right. He also shot better than 36% from three in the 11 games that he played 10 or more minutes.

FYI as it relates to the redshirt question. Self simply doesn't redshirt freshmen unless it's a medical redshirt. He likes to preserve the transfer option. Redshirting is a 2nd year decision at KU.

KU's plus - minus with Frankamp in the game down the stretch was comical. Frankamp was the best point guard on KU's roster and Self quite simply screwed the pooch.

CF certainly made a poor college decision based on emotion. KU's system is a very bad fit for him. He would be well advised to transfer, but I imagine he will stick it out and play his four seasons without one off the ball pick.

Anyone in this thread who believes Frankamp wouldn't be a slam dunk option for WSU is delusional. I am glad our coach is more intelligent than a butt hurt group of fans.
                  you have it all figured out.

holland > frankamp lol

Comment

It is good we could get a KU fans opinion of Beans and Franks

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                      So the fact WSU was being put on three probabtion by the NCAA had nothing to do with it??? Or did you just block that part from ur memory.
                      No, I remember the probation. But, it was two years not three, and he had to sit out a year as a transfer, so he really didn't gain much by transferring other than to be at KU. When asked, he didn't mention the probation, but DID talk about his GF. I'm just sayin', we may not know or understand WHY any particular player transfers; we just should accept transfers as part of an 18 y.o.'s life decisions, however illogical (or logical, if his GF looks like the gal above!).

Comment

• Frankamp may have some baggage, but the kid can shoot. I haven't seen many better shooting displays than I did when he won the 3pt competition at last years final four. He made 22 out of 25 the opening round, then to prove it wasn't a fluke he did it again in the championship round. He was also Ku's best pg down the stretch. Get him in the weight room and I could see him doing some serious damage.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• I heard another rumor that the guy leaving KU is Andrew White III.

Comment

• danny ainge to be named associate head coach at ku.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              I heard another rumor that the guy leaving KU is Andrew White III.
                              That makes more sense than Frankamp, especially because I was asking myself, "who?". I'm not buying the Frankamp rumor.

White, a 6-6, 210 Soph who only played 113 minutes this year, was pretty highly regarded out of high school:

Averaged 22.9 points and 10 rebounds per game as a senior at Miller School in Charlottesville, Va... Had his best game as a senior in which he recorded 46 points, 19 rebounds and seven assists... Was named the Virginia State Player of the Year after his senior campaign... Was invited to participate in the Capital Classic All-Star Game... Played for head coach Scott Willard at Miller... Ranked No. 48 by ESPNU100 and No. 51 by Rivals.com... Named the 12th-best small forward in the 2012 recruiting class...

May not be enough of a mutt for us.

Comment

• So why is he transferring?

Comment

Working...
                                X