No announcement yet.

Who to root for now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be pulling for Kentucky the rest of the way. It would be nice to say that it was the champion who gave us our only loss, and that took their best game of the year. I don't see any team other than Louisville coming close to the type of game the Shockers gave the Wildcats, and maybe not even the Cardinals.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Since there is no BCS anymore, can all of us, on at least this board, please start using "Big 5" and "non-Big 5" and acknowledge that there are major programs in non-Big 5 conferences?

So, JH4P, you would want WSU to be this first non-Big 5 school to be the National Champion. Such a statement would not indicate WSU was not a major program, as are several non-Big 5 schools and their are a number of non-Big 5 type schools in the Big 5.

And for what it's worth, there are no quasi-Big 5 conferences. MWC fell flat on its face, as a conference, from last years high ranking. Big Least will have to do better than 3 1/2 teams in the Dance and 3 1/2 schools quickly out of the Dance (some losing quite badly), and the A-10, while getting 6 teams in, had 2 of their 3 top seeds out in R64 placing only 2 teams in R32. The AAC had/has the best showing, but Louisville doesn't count.

Note: What the old Big East did does not follow the new Big East. When more than half their teams left, so did its accomplishments.
      That's a lot of commentary on a very simple point I was trying to make. My desire to see WSU win a title before a George Mason, or a VCU, or a Butler, or a _______ is simple to understand. No reason to complicate my simple statement with a rehash of the current complexities we see when attempting to categorize teams today. However you want to divide it up, a big deal will be made when a non ACC, Big 10, Big 12, etc. team finally wins it all. I want WSU to be that team. That was my only point.

The trolls on this board (not you ShockTalk, others) will try to pick me apart, but the rest of you know what I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        That's a lot of commentary on a very simple point I was trying to make. My desire to see WSU win a title before a George Mason, or a VCU, or a Butler, or a _______ is simple to understand. No reason to complicate my simple statement with a rehash of the current complexities we see when attempting to categorize teams today. However you want to divide it up, a big deal will be made when a non ACC, Big 10, Big 12, etc. team finally wins it all. I want WSU to be that team. That was my only point.

The trolls on this board (not you ShockTalk, others) will try to pick me apart, but the rest of you know what I'm saying.
        I thought Chicago-Loyola, San Francisco, Cincinnati, etc had already done that years ago.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Ok, first in decades... Fair?

Comment

I love when Jamar gets one-upped here. Has to hurt the ego a tad.

And LOL at Jamar complaining about somebody picking apart his posts. That was classic. Hypocrite much?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

For some reason I am reminded of the old saying "Arguing with someone is like wrestling a pig in the mud. Both of you get dirty but the pig enjoys it.'

Comment

I love debating. That is why I do it so much on Shockernet. I find it especially funny when people tell me how mad I must be. If only they knew I was smiling the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  For some reason I am reminded of the old saying "Arguing with someone is like wrestling a pig in the mud. Both of you get dirty but the pig enjoys it.'
                  Butt, there are exceptions to every "old saying"... :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

My post was not so much about you and your post, JH4P, but the replies that are bound to follow. It's long ago worn out. 99%, maybe more here, all believe WSU, as are several other schools, are not "mid-major" schools, but trapped in mid-major conferences. Nevertheless, some continue to want to jump on it if someone says "the word". There are also others that should understand that the playing field of the 50s and 60s, due to growth of the sport and conference realignments, changed. Certain conferences and schools were no longer looked at as they once were. It is changing again today as more and more schools from less powerful conferences are continuing to be relevant as the once powerful few are becoming less omnipotent. All you have to do is look at the Dance card results over the last 5 years.

More than there should be in the media are just plain stupid, ignorant, arrogant, or all three in using out dated terminology that is just flat wrong, both in its usage and how its applied. We on this board can't do anything about them, but can help our own cause on this board by getting use to using the right words. Right words help = no trolls.

I guess after the last several years of great success of our beloved Shockers, I just don't understand the infighting. That is not to say that there cannot be difference of opinion and quality discussion. I even catch myself saying something in a less civil tone at times than I should and I'm later sorry for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      My post was not so much about you and your post, JH4P, but the replies that are bound to follow. It's long ago worn out. 99%, maybe more here, all believe WSU, as are several other schools, are not "mid-major" schools, but trapped in mid-major conferences. Nevertheless, some continue to want to jump on it if someone says "the word". There are also others that should understand that the playing field of the 50s and 60s, due to growth of the sport and conference realignments, changed. Certain conferences and schools were no longer looked at as they once were. It is changing again today as more and more schools from less powerful conferences are continuing to be relevant as the once powerful few are becoming less omnipotent. All you have to do is look at the Dance card results over the last 5 years.

More than there should be in the media are just plain stupid, ignorant, arrogant, or all three in using out dated terminology that is just flat wrong, both in its usage and how its applied. We on this board can't do anything about them, but can help our own cause on this board by getting use to using the right words. Right words help = no trolls.

I guess after the last several years of great success of our beloved Shockers, I just don't understand the infighting. That is not to say that there cannot be difference of opinion and quality discussion. I even catch myself saying something in a less civil tone at times than I should and I'm later sorry for it.
                      Thanks ShockTalk. Good post.

As for infighting, disagreements are no big deal. It's the lies, intellectual dishonesty, and the like that are the driving force behind 90% of the infighting here on Shockernet.

Comment

Originally posted by CMSU2WSUfan View Post
                        I'm cheering for the UCM Mules, my undergraduate alma-mater. Sure they're division II but hey they're still in the dance. As for Division One? Kentucky to clobber Louisville, but I'm gonna have to pull for Tennessee as we beat them earlier this year and I think they may be a tad scoche underrated.
                        Yeah, gonna have to cheer for my undergrad alma mater the UCM Mules as they they are headed for the final 4 in NCAA division 2. Here's hoping Karl Hess doesn't make an appearance to ruin a second consecutive march madness for me. In division one, well as the KY Jelly fans are showing that they are a bunch of corn holes, go Tennessee Vols

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
                          I'll be pulling for Kentucky the rest of the way. It would be nice to say that it was the champion who gave us our only loss, and that took their best game of the year. I don't see any team other than Louisville coming close to the type of game the Shockers gave the Wildcats, and maybe not even the Cardinals.
                          Me too!

Comment

Go Flyers! Want them to keep knocking off BCS schools.
                            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                            X