No announcement yet.

Who to root for now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to go with UK. The further they go, the better the Shox look. If UK flames out against UL, then the Shox got beat by a team that couldn't advance past the S16. The game UK and WSU played needs to be remembered as the best game of the tourney, and probably was the Championship game, but played in the round of 32.

Don't be surprised if UK flames out. They've been inconsistent all year, and may have shot their wad in the game against the Shox.
    Last edited by Aargh; March 24, 2014, 04:44 PM.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
      Who to root for now?
      Shocker baseball!!! rah rah rah rah rah
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'm cheering for the UCM Mules, my undergraduate alma-mater. Sure they're division II but hey they're still in the dance. As for Division One? Kentucky to clobber Louisville, but I'm gonna have to pull for Tennessee as we beat them earlier this year and I think they may be a tad scoche underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
          I don't think you're going to convince anyone that this was their Super Bowl when they play Louisville next. They got pumped for the game because it's the tournament and I expect they'll bring the same intensity for the rest of the year.
          I think you are understated what that game meant to UK. For them, it was the redemption game. Lose, and their season is over and people critic them for another failure of a year with the most highly touted recruiting class in history. But win against us, and they get everything back. The losses become meaningless, because by beating us they beat the specter of the undefeated season and stopped the naysayers. Emotionally that game was everything to them. They'll get pumped up to play Louisville as well, but I think the energy in that game was something special.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
            I will NEVER root for UK or UL because of this type of elitist BS!!
            I am constantly laughed at for saying how good this team is, but now that they won, they act like they won the Super Bowl!!
            F'em all!!
            You could look at this another way, if they are creating a shirt to commemorate it, then they saw it as a big time win.

Comment

I now want Kentucky to win it all...that way we can say that the last 2 teams to hand us a loss were the eventual National Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                I think you are understated what that game meant to UK. For them, it was the redemption game. Lose, and their season is over and people critic them for another failure of a year with the most highly touted recruiting class in history. But win against us, and they get everything back. The losses become meaningless, because by beating us they beat the specter of the undefeated season and stopped the naysayers. Emotionally that game was everything to them. They'll get pumped up to play Louisville as well, but I think the energy in that game was something special.
                Thinking about it more I think you're right. I never thought I'd see UK fans make shirts about beating WSU.

Comment

I'd sure like to see San Diego State get to the Final 4. If the past 6 tournaments have taught me anything, it is that mid-majors do NOT win national titles anymore. Before I become a cynical asshole, I'd like to see myself proven wrong.
                  "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                  Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

I'm going with Kentucky. I've talked to a few KU fans that said the pain from the 1997 loss to Arizona was eased a bit when they went on to win it all.

Comment

I am torn about Kentucky. I know it helps the perception of us, but I just can't pull for the biggest blue blood with a roster full of one-and-dones to win. If they lose, I think people will recognize Kentucky played their best game of the year against us but were inconsistent.

So it's Dayton and SDSU for me. I want schools comparable to WSU to keep crashing the party and saying make room in the fast lane. It's a lot more indirect but it helps us too or at least helps the health of the game. I'll also root for Tennessee a little bit as I like Cuonzo, was glad they scheduled us and enjoy thinking that our quality loss helped them slip in and gave them a chance at their run.
                      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                        Thinking about it more I think you're right. I never thought I'd see UK fans make shirts about beating WSU.
                        Which means we've arrived!

As for the UK fans who would actually buy that shirt? I guess it will fill that spot in their drawer where the 40-0 shirt used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          I kind of want to see UK get pasted by 30 just to prove they got up for their Super Bowl against some podunk mid-major.

I'm cheering for Tennessee and Dayton. Once they're out I'm probably done with this year.
                          I registered here to just come and give you guys some props. BUT after reading the above comment about "Super Bowl" I just had to laugh. You let a bunch of Freshmen beat your undefeated team of which didn't play anyone worth a darn. So yeah, go back to being "Mid-Major", oh wait, you never left.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood26 View Post
                            I registered here to just come and give you guys some props. BUT after reading the above comment about "Super Bowl" I just had to laugh. You let a bunch of Freshmen beat your undefeated team of which didn't play anyone worth a darn. So yeah, go back to being "Mid-Major", oh wait, you never left.
                            I like how you take one quote to judge an entire fan base. We don't need your "props" to know our team belongs. Most of the UK fans that have commented on here have been great but you can f off.

Comment

I registered here to just come and give you guys some props.

Comment

One person venting during a time of frustration on OUR board and that's how you're gonna come at us?

You weren't coming to give us props. You just got mad because not every post here bows down to you 24/7. Do you really think if I go to your kitty play pen, that I'll see EVERY SINGLE post being positive about WSU?

I have a newfound respect for a lot of the UK fan base, because what I've seen and read in the last 24 hours, specifically those that have come here. But you're the one or two turdrockets that isn't doing your heralded fan base any favors.

Better watch out, or we might root against you and cause the Rapture to occur.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X