Who to root for now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueBlood26 View Post
    I registered here to just come and give you guys some props. BUT after reading the above comment about "Super Bowl" I just had to laugh. You let a bunch of Freshmen beat your undefeated team of which didn't play anyone worth a darn. So yeah, go back to being "Mid-Major", oh wait, you never left.
    Seriously? How many times this season did UK play as well as they did on Sunday? Give me names of games, because I will go watch them today... There's just no way. I can't speak for everyone, but when I've made jokes about your team getting up for their super bowl it's slightly tongue in cheek. Your team ACTUALLY did play better than they have in 24 months though.

Comment

Way to be a major dick, Blueblood. You make our fanbase look silly. I saw an epic game play out on Sunday by two incredibly talented teams. Thank God, the overwhelming majority of BBN doesn't share your complete lack of class. Go to our rivals website Shockers, and you will quickly see the respect displayed towards your team.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
        I'd sure like to see San Diego State get to the Final 4. If the past 6 tournaments have taught me anything, it is that mid-majors do NOT win national titles anymore. Before I become a cynical asshole, I'd like to see myself proven wrong.
        Part of me wants a mid-major to win a title.

Part of me wants all mid-majors to fall just short until WSU wins it. I want WSU to be the first and the one to break the barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by katsure View Post
          Way to be a major dick, Blueblood. You make our fanbase look silly. I saw an epic game play out on Sunday by two incredibly talented teams. Thank God, the overwhelming majority of BBN doesn't share your complete lack of class. Go to our rivals website Shockers, and you will quickly see the respect displayed towards your team.
          There was a topic over there started by our own CBB_Fan that had page after page of respect for WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
            I will NEVER root for UK or UL because of this type of elitist BS!!
            I am constantly laughed at for saying how good this team is, but now that they won, they act like they won the Super Bowl!!
            F'em all!!
            You should take that as a compliment.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

Part of me wants all mid-majors to fall just short until WSU wins it. I want WSU to be the first and the one to break the barrier.
              midmajor?
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

You know what I mean.

Comment

Freudian slip by a BCS apologist?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by katsure View Post
                    Thanks. I've seen a lot of respect on your board and on here. We appreciate it. And we appreciate a tremendous basketball game put on display by both teams on Sunday. Good luck the rest of the way.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

jdshock, our team certainly played its best game. Cal has pulled his hair this entire season trying to teach this team about cohesiveness and sharing. They are one year removed from high school and have played in an AAU environment their entire short careers. This does little in the way of teaching team play or even basic basketball skills. It's been maddening/painful to watch our team play this year. Only now is the team beginning to gel.

If there is a super bowl for Kentucky it will happen tomorrow night with our hated in state rival.

It is clear that the Shockers are here for the duration. You remind me of the Butler teams of recent years. Had you won Sunday you would have inherited an instant fan base cheering you on from BBN. Go Cats.
                      Last edited by katsure; March 26, 2014, 08:58 AM. Reason: ms

Comment

You know what I mean.
                        lol, Yeah I do but thought Id pick it out before the other 32 posts go after you
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I actually want UK to smoke everyone EXCEPT in the title game and lose that one by 1. It'll just help me say, 'pretty damn good for an 8 seed I guess, huh?'

Comment

I'll be pulling for Virginia or Dayton.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood26 View Post
                              I registered here to just come and give you guys some props. BUT after reading the above comment about "Super Bowl" I just had to laugh. You let a bunch of Freshmen beat your undefeated team of which didn't play anyone worth a darn. So yeah, go back to being "Mid-Major", oh wait, you never left.
                              Thankfully I didn't run in to any a-holes like you in St. Louis. It's probably safe to say you're a t-shirt fan and stayed home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                Freudian slip by a BCS apologist?
                                Since there is no BCS anymore, can all of us, on at least this board, please start using "Big 5" and "non-Big 5" and acknowledge that there are major programs in non-Big 5 conferences?

So, JH4P, you would want WSU to be this first non-Big 5 school to be the National Champion. Such a statement would not indicate WSU was not a major program, as are several non-Big 5 schools and their are a number of non-Big 5 type schools in the Big 5.

And for what it's worth, there are no quasi-Big 5 conferences. MWC fell flat on its face, as a conference, from last years high ranking. Big Least will have to do better than 3 1/2 teams in the Dance and 3 1/2 schools quickly out of the Dance (some losing quite badly), and the A-10, while getting 6 teams in, had 2 of their 3 top seeds out in R64 placing only 2 teams in R32. The AAC had/has the best showing, but Louisville doesn't count.

Note: What the old Big East did does not follow the new Big East. When more than half their teams left, so did its accomplishments.
                                Last edited by ShockTalk; March 26, 2014, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X