Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    fv, baker, cotton and carter start. who will be the fifth starter?
    *******--hopefully. If he signs and plays D

Comment

I have three that I like as the 5th starter. Kelly, Wamukota, and Morris. A yet to-be-named JUCO PF might be here next year as well, but my bet is that said player will come off of the bench like Darius, Early, Hall, and Smith all did in their first year.

I think Morris has the inside track on the starting position, but he will have to seize it and HCGM might choose to bring him off the bench as motivation...
      Livin the dream

Comment

At this point you have to think it is Shaq. He has had the year to get in shape and learn the system. Unless they work some serious magic with Bush wam I don't see him being even close to starter material. At least for the first part of the season. 3g likes having a rim protector, so I have a hard time seeing him starting Carter at the 5 and Kelly at the 4.

Comment

Well as we saw with EO (and even the three-headed monster) HCGM is more than willing to play his starting 5 about 10 minutes a game. I could imagine B-Wam winning the tip, swatting a couple of drives and then ceding the majority of the minutes to Morris.
          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

No doubt the big question is who individually or collectively will step in to fill Cle's production. A tough task. Darius and TBD Juco?

The 2nd questions is who will be the 3-headed monster at the 5. Darius, Shaq and Bush? Kelly? Not to concerned about who starts.

The backcourt looks to be in great shape.

Comment

Shaq will not start until he can catch the ball, then dunk without getting rejected by the rim.

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                Well as we saw with EO (and even the three-headed monster) HCGM is more than willing to play his starting 5 about 10 minutes a game. I could imagine B-Wam winning the tip, swatting a couple of drives and then ceding the majority of the minutes to Morris.
                well unless Morris works really hard this off season, that is probably not going to happen

As Morris got in better shape, he showed more of his impressive skills in practice, blocking shots and rebounding in impressive fashion. However, he can’t go at full speed for more than a few minutes.

Comment

I like DC but if we're counting on him as our primary 5, that's not good. He's 6'7". He's a good inside 4 man (ala Carl Hall) and a good fill-in at the 5 when we can go small, but we need a big boy underneath to compete on a national level.

Comment

Wasn't Carl Hall our primary 5 on our run to the Final Four? A "short" 5 is fine as long as we have a stretch 4.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      Wasn't Carl Hall our primary 5 on our run to the Final Four? A "short" 5 is fine as long as we have a stretch 4.
                      Which we don't have anymore with Cle leaving. Hall was also way more physical than Carter.

Comment

Carter can play 15-20 mpg as a center against MOST competition, and another 10 as a PF. Bush should give us 15 mpg at the 5 and Morris can give 10+ in the post and another 5+ as the PF. I think that means we need another 20 mpg from a PF. I like Kelly in this role, but I believe we will get a JUCO PF that is capable. If not, Wessel and Green as the 5th and 6th spot at the 4.

I see another 5 man rotation in the 4/5 next year being anchored by Carter. It's Carter, B-Wam, Morris, Kelly, and JUCO guy.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Rather than talking about who plays the 5 and who plays the 4, it's more about how different players play the post. Neither Carter or Morris is going to stretch the defense like Cle did, but (depending on another addition at the 4/5) they will probably be in the lineup together. Carter is primarily a back to the basket player, while Morris can face the basket more often.

More than likely, if we do add another 4/5, they, along with Bush, Shaq, and Darius, are not going play anything like Cle did. As the season goes on, well see what Kelly can add.

Comment

As goatlube would call him: "your prototypical mid major big man. Undersized."
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Did I miss something? Are we expecting a scholly to open up for this unnamed Juco?

Comment

Yes but we had a 7 foot Juco Center to come in off the bench on that team to give us some size.

Comment

Working...
                                X