Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    I am disagreeing only because Bush is still very new to the game of basketball. Yes, in general, you don't redshirt a Carl Hall or a Darius Carter (for more reasons than one). Redshirting a kid who had about as much experience playing basketball as Ehimen had wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
    When I look at that depth chart, he seems like the most likely to need more time.

Then, when we add another awesome center in the next couple weeks, it will look even more do-able. Of course, as always, the players are going to decide who gets the redshirts between June and October. To me, the bottom line is this roster has the potential to be so stacked that the MVC might want to go ahead and forfeit the season now.

Comment

• Though I agree that it would be great to be able to let Bush sit out a year to work on his body and develop some more, I don't think that is possible with the way the roster looks right now. That would leave just two 6'7" bigs in Shaq and Carter at the 5 with Carter spending quite a bit of time at the 4 also. And Shaq is definitely closer to 6'7" than 6'8". Unless we are able to land a homerun with our last scholarship and get a stud 5 who will take up a lot of the minutes, we need Bush for depth. I would guess that Hamilton will RS and possibly Henderson depending on how well Holland can handle the point behind FVV and Baker.
      Last edited by Jhook89; April 15, 2014, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
        Though I agree that it would be great to be able to let Bush sit out a year to work on his body and develop some more, I don't think that is possible with the way the roster looks right now. That would leave just two 6'7" bigs in Shaq and Carter at the 5 with Carter spending quite a bit of time at the 4 also. And Carter is definitely closer to 6'7" than 6'8". Unless we are able to land a homerun with out last scholarship and get a stud 5 who will take up a lot of the minutes, we need Bush for depth. I would guess that Hamilton will RS and possibly Henderson depending on how well Holland can handle the point behind fvv and baker.
        I'm very much hoping the last recruit is a 6'10"+ angry, sweaty, stinky, hungry, beast with EO's body and Stutz's hands/IQ. Now, can I redshirt Bush?

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          I'm very much hoping the last recruit is a 6'10"+ angry, sweaty, stinky, hungry, beast with EO's body and Stutz's hands/IQ. Now, can I redshirt Bush?
          Yep! I would absolutely love that scenario

Comment

So you're saying we could use Bush to establish a president?
            we didn't redshirt Lufile. Of course it was probably because he didn't want to redshirt but could you imagine that this year would have been his first year and next his last? One more year to learn the 5 role? Maybe redshirting Bush would be wise but I do think we need more size up front, we have some physical players down low but they seem undersized.
            I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
            If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by LandStander View Post
              we didn't redshirt Lufile. Of course it was probably because he didn't want to redshirt but could you imagine that this year would have been his first year and next his last? One more year to learn the 5 role? Maybe redshirting Bush would be wise but I do think we need more size up front, we have some physical players down low but they seem undersized.
              fJYosyT[1].jpg
              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]1446[/ATTACH]
                got the joke, just wanted to continue the conversation. Do you think we are solid enough up front to Redshirt Bush? He may be raw and a juco transfer but he'll be our second most experienced big man after Carter in playing college ball.
                I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• We have Darius and Shaq currently on the squad. We will have Rashard Kelly coming off a year at prep school, so he won't be your average freshman. Word is that he will be an instant contributor. Zach Brown might even be able play some 4 as he seems to have the size to do so. If we get another big man who can play right away (not a transfer who had to sit out), we should be okay. Am I opposed to Bush playing next year? Of course not. I'm not opposed to a redshirt either. Gregg has forgotten more about hoops than I know, so I'm not too concerned with whatever ultimately happens.
                  78-65

Comment

When I look at that depth chart, he seems like the most likely to need more time.
                    This statement is humorous. When you look at the depth chart and see Bush Wamakota 7'0 235 lbs. or whatever, you think that he is likely to need a redshirt? Really? Why don't you try a novel approach and watch him play/practice before you evaluate his abilities.

Comment

• Lufile didn't have a redshirt left.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        This statement is humorous. When you look at the depth chart and see Bush Wamakota 7'0 235 lbs. or whatever, you think that he is likely to need a redshirt? Really? Why don't you try a novel approach and watch him play/practice before you evaluate his abilities.
                        Wow, sorry. I was just going on the reports that he is fairly unpolished, plus his juco stats. Didn't mean to offend. Have you seen him play? I'd certainly love to hear some info about him.

Comment

• Yeah, if the last one goes to a 6'11" shot-blocker who is an immediate starter, redshirting Bush becomes a very good possibility, imo.

Comment

• No I haven't seen him play. Admittedly his juco stats are underwhelming but juco postmen stats often are. A 7 footer can prove valuable and I remember Marshall who has seen him play say that he expected significant minutes from him (granted that was early in the year so he may have changed his mind). I do agree that 1-2 players will most likely redshirt again but without seeing or hearing more, I would not venture a guess on who he/they may be.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Yeah, if the last one goes to a 6'11" shot-blocker who is an immediate starter, redshirting Bush becomes a very good possibility, imo.
                              That could be a game changer. I think that our first choice for that final scholly will be a scorer. But we may not get plan A.

Comment

• I will weigh in. Bush will not red shirt unless he is injured, regardless of the last signing. He is a hard worker, fast up and down the court, and can set screens. He can rebound, play defense, and catch the ball. I expect Bush to start and play 20 mpg give or take.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X