Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lawmaker, I find it humorous that you simply put "look it up" as the answer for each question that you don't know the answer to, or each question that proves you have dug a hole way to deep to climb out of.
    Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

1. There are not a lot of people who follow Baylor sports on Shockernet. FWIW - Shockernet is about the Wichita State Shockers, not Baylor (that would be Baylornet, or whatever its called), who are having a very good season, also FWIW. However, I would guess that many on here are familiar with Baylor only because they were an opponent of WSU this season. Do you want to talk Baylor hoops or WSU hoops? Because, as the board is so named, this is a place to discuss WSU sports. If you want to discuss WSU vs. Baylor from many months ago, feel free.

2. I don't know if next year is a rebuilding year. I certainly hope not. We will have some very young talent, and many new faces, but we're all optimistic. Granted some are more optimistic than others, but that shows the exuberance of youth. The schedule looks like a lot of fun, we play Texas Tech next season as we open a home and home with them.

3. (sorry, cant help it, because I can't imagine anyone using the word...) "Peeps" are what you eat out of a box around the holiday of Easter. If this were the place and were I interested, you could share all of the great things that have occured in the history of Baylor basketball. I'm sure there are many, many stories. Many. Too many to count and just not enough time to relate to those of us in the MVC on a Shocker message board. But as this is a Shocker board, and (frankly) I'm not interested, you'll have to hope this trolling pulls a few WSU trolls from SN over to your own boards.

Good luck the rest of the season, but maybe you ought to think about taking this discussion to the Baylor boards. (?) Coach Marshall is in his first year (of hopefully a long term contract.) A lot of things have not exactly gone our way, and we've lost some games (I think someone mentioned 5 games by 3 points or less. ) You mentioned something about Marshall's salary, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything - we don't have any control over it. AD Jim Schaus deemed that amount appropriate as Marshall's pay, and seeing as I'm happy with nearly every decision Schaus has made (not all, but most), I can live with watching somebody pour their heart and soul into a team and season that by my account just does not have the talent to win night in and night out as I would like. We're looking forward to finishing out this season, hopefully doing some damage in the MVC Tourney, and then dreaming about what might be next fall if things ever decide to go our way.

Is there anything else you'd like to know about WSU? I could tell you more, and I'm sure there are many great stories from WSU's past and many more qualified people to give those stories, but you'd have to start with something like "Tell me about...." and then insert the Shocker coach or team of your choice in there and the stories will flow. Other than that, feel free to shut the door behind you as you go.

1. agree
      2. Agree..but if fans get pumped for a home and home with Tech...wow
      3. I promse you my family has had season tix at WSU before you were born.....

Comment

Cdizzle, I don't know if the questions will resolve anything or not. I would just like Lawmaker to answer the questions concerning WSU's lack of success when compared to the mighty and tradition-laden Baylor Bears of the allmighty Big 12 conference. I do know it appears as though he is avoiding answering those questions. I wonder why?

It's merely a starting point for what appears to be a protracted round of comparisons, assuming Lawmaker has the heart for it.

Comment

As for those "look it up" answers, I would.... IF I CARED!

Baylor baseball means jack crap to me. Let's talk Shocker Basketball and leave this poor fattie big 12 troll to himself.

I am assuming your profile pic is an accurate representation of your physique...
          Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
          Students > Alumni
          If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
          The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

lawmaker, your posts are looking a lot like an attempt to flame WSU and its fans. I suggest pulling back.

Comment

ISASO,

Once again I am glad you are concerned, but Baylor is in the Big 12.
              The same Big 12 that has a Monday, Saturday *allday" tv schedule.

Last NBA player from WSU?

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker
                ISASO,

Once again I am glad you are concerned, but Baylor is in the Big 12.
                The same Big 12 that has a Monday, Saturday *allday" tv schedule.

Last NBA player from WSU?
                Look it up. :good:

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Royal, why not let nature take its course? As I said before, if he's drawing the line on his future right here and now I believe he will naturally leave once he realizes his very presence will bring about pain and agony.

If he's going to make his stand right here, right now, I say "Let's Dance".

Lawmaker, I can answer your question: Maurice Evans, still in the NBA. NOW, ANSWER MY QUESTIONS. Why the hesitation?

Comment

If you want to make that the pissing contest, let me ask you two other questions:

Last MLB player from Baylor?
                    Last Baylor player to win a ring in any pro sport?
                    Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                    Students > Alumni
                    If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                    The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

nm

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
                        Royal, why not let nature take its course? As I said before, if he's drawing the line on his future right here and now I believe he will naturally leave once he realizes his very presence will bring about pain and agony.

If he's going to make his stand right here, right now, I say "Let's Dance".
                        That's something Baylor hasn't done in a while.

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Last commetn to

Fastbow..please.....

Before you ask that question do a little research

Comment

1. agree
                            2. Agree..but if fans get pumped for a home and home with Tech...wow
                            3. I promse you my family has had season tix at WSU before you were born.....
                            Texas Tech is in the B12 conference. We're happy to have a quality opponent from a good conference scheduled on a 1-1 basis.

I can promise you that you know nothing at all about me, my age, or how long I have supported WSU basketball. You have no idea how long my family has had season tickets, but, really, that has nothing to do with the discussion.

And I'm not sure what your family has to do with anything ??????, they're not trolling about a Shocker message board flaming away on a basketball program that has seen (and that will see) better days. Its against board policy to flame away as you seem so interested in doing, you're just trying to antagonize fans of this program (which you don't appear to be a part of.)

Comment

Lawmaker, answer the damn questions.

Comment

I don't feel like it.
                                Research is for people working on research papers for English classes. This is the place where I just spout off crap and make the fatties like you do my research bidding.

Want to answer either ISASO or my question, fattie?

EDIT: If we want to have a family-related pissing contest about WSU, I am a direct descendant of a Regent chairman, and he and his wife have their names on the wall in The Chuck. Season tickets are nice, but call back when your family helped BUILD the damn place.
                                Students > Alumni

Comment

Working...
                                X