No announcement yet.

St. Louis Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another tip to save money: I am staying at a Pear Tree Inn in Fenton on Saturday night. With the SPRING promotion code, I was able to get a king room for Mrs.WuShock16 and myself for $55.99 and a double room for my KU friends* for $59.99. I have never stayed at this spot before, but all in all, I have always been VERY pleased with Drury properties, staying at the Pear Tree in Overland Park several times.

*Before the peanut gallery chimes in on my "KU friends" (I'm looking at you, Doc), I told my friends that there could be a truce between KU and WSU for the weekend. My friends would root for WSU against anyone other than KU anyway as they like me, but they certainly have no love for K-State and they REALLY hate Kentucky (mainly because of Calipari). I would think most KUers would be the same. We should be the lesser of the 3 evils to them.
    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      For those looking to save on parking, the metro train really isn't a bad option. I know some out of towners have heard bad things about it, but especially on game days it's not bad at all. It'll just be crowded. Some of the further out stations also have free parking. I know personally, I'll actually be driving west to a metro stop to park for free and ride the metro in.
      +1 we stayed near the airport for arch madness the first six years. We're doing the same thing for the NCAA tournament this year since hotels downtown were either booked or $300. It's convenient, cheap, and run into some very interesting people.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        Another tip to save money: I am staying at a Pear Tree Inn in Fenton on Saturday night. With the SPRING promotion code, I was able to get a king room for Mrs.WuShock16 and myself for $55.99 and a double room for my KU friends* for $59.99. I have never stayed at this spot before, but all in all, I have always been VERY pleased with Drury properties, staying at the Pear Tree in Overland Park several times.

*Before the peanut gallery chimes in on my "KU friends" (I'm looking at you, Doc), I told my friends that there could be a truce between KU and WSU for the weekend. My friends would root for WSU against anyone other than KU anyway as they like me, but they certainly have no love for K-State and they REALLY hate Kentucky (mainly because of Calipari). I would think most KUers would be the same. We should be the lesser of the 3 evils to them.
        Easy baby.....I've got chunks of guys like you in my stool!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          You can still get a single on Ticketmaster, but I doubt they'll be there in the morning.

Wonder what the going rate will be for the early games with KU et al? Obviously a premium on lower bowl tickets, but a face value of about $70 for an upper bowl ticket....thoughts?
          I sold 4 in 321 Row Q (1 row from the top) to someone in KY through Primesport last night for approximately $90 each payout, with Primesport's buyers fees they paid much more. Whoever bought them definitely didn't do their homework but I'm not complaining. I would say if you can get an upper bowl ticket for face value you are doing pretty good.
          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

I have a single all session ticket for sale in Sec. 106 (Plaza Level) Row AA. Price is $475 (my cost). If you are interested you cand send me a PM. Thank you.

Comment

Saluki fan here, bought tickets to help someone out that couldn't use them. Would love to go but at the same time I feel it would be alot more important to someone on here. I have 2 tickets to Sundays session, section 304 row P, would like to get $180 for the pair.

Comment

Originally posted by vnomus2 View Post
                Saluki fan here, bought tickets to help someone out that couldn't use them. Would love to go but at the same time I feel it would be alot more important to someone on here. I have 2 tickets to Sundays session, section 304 row P, would like to get $180 for the pair.
                This is an excellent deal for any Shocker fans who think they may be able to make the trip for Sunday's session.
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Anyone want to try and guess the # of shocker fans that will be there Friday or Sunday? I wish more shocker fans would have skipped the mvc tourney for this weekend which is a way bigger deal. Idk how you could choose the valley tourney over the ncaa tourney.

Comment

As much as I love Shocker Nation, I can't imagine there will be 7000 WSU fans there. In fact, if there are half that number, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Heading out with my crew on Thursday. Does anyone in the know have any details on the open practice schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by ccrunner101 View Post
                        Anyone want to try and guess the # of shocker fans that will be there Friday or Sunday? I wish more shocker fans would have skipped the mvc tourney for this weekend which is a way bigger deal. Idk how you could choose the valley tourney over the ncaa tourney.
                        The CERTAINTY of being there, number one. Number two, availability of reasonably priced tickets.

Having said that, I bought my tickets for Firday/Sunday June 20, 2013 and made hotel reservations Jan 20, so it can be done.

I sold my extra 4 Session 3 tickets for more than I paid for the all-session tickets. Still waiting to sell session 1 and session 2 extras.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Heiny View Post
                          Heading out with my crew on Thursday. Does anyone in the know have any details on the open practice schedule?
                          Thursday during the day...nothing on Saturday.
                          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            As much as I love Shocker Nation, I can't imagine there will be 7000 WSU fans there. In fact, if there are half that number, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
                            Why would ShockerNation blow their load on the Valley tourney and not go to the NCAAs? I don't get the logic of going to the MVC but not the NCAAs...especially since we've known for weeks we'd be in StL.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                              Why would ShockerNation blow their load on the Valley tourney and not go to the NCAAs? I don't get the logic of going to the MVC but not the NCAAs...especially since we've known for weeks we'd be in StL.
                              Hey, I hope I'm dead wrong. There is also the prospect of 3rd and 4th round, and Final Four trips as well. I don't think it's a stretch at all that some people are saying "hey, win 2 and I'll see you in Indy". Especially given our seed.

Comment

2 from Branson headed up Friday morning - then on to Indy - and then on to Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                                X