St. Louis Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Louis Tickets

Ok - anyone think there is any risk in getting tickets for the St Louis games next weekend? Any chance we are not placed there? That being said, best way to get tickets if you are not able to buy from WSU?

Originally posted by GoShox View Post
    Ok - anyone think there is any risk in getting tickets for the St Louis games next weekend? Any chance we are not placed there? That being said, best way to get tickets if you are not able to buy from WSU?
    There's a groupon for some tickets there right now.

I'm playing a waiting game. My thinking is if KU gets put somewhere else, a lot of the KU fans who've already bought tickets to St. Louis will dump them on the market and the selection will go up and the prices down.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
      There's a groupon for some tickets there right now.

I'm playing a waiting game. My thinking is if KU gets put somewhere else, a lot of the KU fans who've already bought tickets to St. Louis will dump them on the market and the selection will go up and the prices down.
      That's an interesting strategy. I'd be surprised if they go somewhere else though. There isn't really anyone that would slip in front of them.

Comment

Depending on how the tournaments shake out, I think there are lots of ways things could go. There are quite a few teams vying for 2 seeds. Teams that should be in the discussion for 2 seeds: Duke, Wisconsin, Michigan, Virginia, Ohio State, Kansas, Creighton, San Diego State, and possibly Michigan State if they win their tournament. Factoring in Embiid's injury, KU might not end up as a 2. San Diego State is much more deserving than they are anyways.

Edit: Oh, and Syracuse.

All this to say I appreciate your strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
          I'd be surprised if they go somewhere else though. There isn't really anyone that would slip in front of them.
          I would agree with this. Maybe if KU would have lost yesterday, Creighton could have snuck into STL with a 2 seed by winning the Big Priest Tournament, sending KU to San Antonio (maybe with a 3 seed). I suppose that a KU loss tonight (especially a bad one) could still cause such a scenario, but the Jayhawks travel so well that the NCAA usually gives them the benefit of the doubt on the matter. In 2004, KU was a 4 seed and got a KC/STL combo for the first two weekends of the tournament. In 2012, North Carolina got the 1 seed instead of KU...but the regional final with those two teams was in STL, so KU still had the advantage.
          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by coran13 View Post
            Depending on how the tournaments shake out, I think there are lots of ways things could go. There are quite a few teams vying for 2 seeds. Teams that should be in the discussion for 2 seeds: Duke, Wisconsin, Michigan, Virginia, Ohio State, Kansas, Creighton, San Diego State, and possibly Michigan State if they win their tournament. Factoring in Embiid's injury, KU might not end up as a 2. San Diego State is much more deserving than they are anyways.

Edit: Oh, and Syracuse.

All this to say I appreciate your strategy.
            The only one of those that would take St. Louis from KU is Creighton.

Comment

Trying to match things up based off geographical approximation isn't ever going to line up perfectly. San Diego State deserves a 2-seed though.

How I would do it:

South Region:
              1. Orlando - Florida
              2. Raleigh - Virginia (or ACC tournament champ)

West Region:
              1. San Diego - Arizona
              2. Milwaukee - San Diego State

East Region:
              1. Buffalo - Villanova
              2. Milwaukee - Louisville

Midwest Region:
              1. St. Louis - Wichita State
              2. St. Louis - Michigan (or Big Ten tournament champ)
              Last edited by coran13; March 14, 2014, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Trying to match things up based off geographical approximation isn't ever going to line up perfectly. San Diego State deserves a 2-seed though.

How I would do it:

South Region:
                1. Orlando - Florida
                2. Raleigh - Virginia (or ACC tournament champ)

West Region:
                1. San Diego - Arizona
                2. Milwaukee - San Diego State

East Region:
                1. Buffalo - Villanova
                2. Milwaukee - Louisville

Midwest Region:
                1. St. Louis - Wichita State
                2. St. Louis - Michigan (or Big Ten tournament champ)
                Why not swap Louisville and Michigan in your set up?

Really, though, I think KU is getting a 2 seed, and I don't see Louisville or San Diego State getting there. And I guess maybe I don't know that much about how bracketology works. I'm sure folks on here know a /lot/ more than I do. But from everything I'd heard it was basically just Creighton who was a risk to pass KU for the STL spot.

Comment

Kansas just lost, so I would assume that would open up a slight possibility of either Louisville or Creighton taking over the 2nd St. Louis spot from them, even though I would guess that KU will still be in STL.

Right now I would assume that the locks (or near locks) for early round sites would be:

STL: WSU+? (KU, UL, Creighton)
                  SD: Arizona+?
                  Milwaukee: Michigan+Wisconsin
                  Buffalo: Syracuse+ Villanova
                  San Antonio: ?+? (Creighton, KU, Iowa St)
                  Orlando: Florida+? (Louisville, UNC)
                  Spokane: SDSU+?
                  Raleigh: Duke+Virginia

Obviously there are still a lot of conference tournaments going on and plenty of potential upsets that could completely throw some of these predictions out the window. Plus there are teams that could still play their way into a protected seed like Ohio St, Cincy, Michigan St, UCONN, etc

Comment

I would be very surprised if KU dont end up in St. Louis even if Creighton does win the big east tourney
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Louisville is making a HUGE run at the Saint Louis spot and it is very possible they get it.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Stubhub has some decent prices in Sec 320, 8 seats together. Still above face value but the price is dropping.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          Why not swap Louisville and Michigan in your set up?

Really, though, I think KU is getting a 2 seed, and I don't see Louisville or San Diego State getting there. And I guess maybe I don't know that much about how bracketology works. I'm sure folks on here know a /lot/ more than I do. But from everything I'd heard it was basically just Creighton who was a risk to pass KU for the STL spot.
                          That would work too.

San Diego State beat KU in Lawrence. Also, San Diego State has fewer losses, and an even higher quality loss than any of KU's high-quality losses in Arizona. They deserve to be a 2. If KU wanted to be a higher seed they shouldn't have lost more than a quarter of their games.

Comment

That would work too.

San Diego State beat KU in Lawrence. Also, San Diego State has fewer losses, and an even higher quality loss than any of KU's high-quality losses in Arizona. They deserve to be a 2. If KU wanted to be a higher seed they shouldn't have lost more than a quarter of their games.
                            I think what he meant by SDSU not getting put in Milwaukee was because they would be a better fit in Spokane where they would be closer to home rather than travelling across the country to Milwaukee when there are Big Ten teams that could fill that slot with better geographic fit.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
                              I think what he meant by SDSU not getting put in Milwaukee was because they would be a better fit in Spokane where they would be closer to home rather than travelling across the country to Milwaukee when there are Big Ten teams that could fill that slot with better geographic fit.
                              I understand that. But 3-seeds get much more difficult matchups than 2-seeds. If they would prefer to play closer to home as opposed to an easier team, I guess that's fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X