Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just cant help it.....

I just cant help from rooting against Turgeon and Texas AM
    When i think about what he left us and what he inherited i wanna puke. so for today only Go OSU

I really can't stand that shade of red that A&M has. It's really bothersome

Comment

and aTm goes down in flames.

Comment

Re: I just cant help it.....

Originally posted by RHshoxfan
        I just cant help from rooting against Turgeon and Texas AM
        When i think about what he left us and what he inherited i wanna puke. so for today only Go OSU
        Me too. I love it when they lose. Like you said, he inherited a great team and left us high and dry. It's funny, because when he starts pulling in his own recruits I think they'll just be an average team. Anyone who can't capitolize on recruiting after a sweet 16 is a joke of a recruiter, imo.

Comment

You guys sound like a bunch of sour grapes and haters. MT revived this program from the trashpile and all you can do it ***** and complain that he left. One recruit of his dies and it is not his fault that Evan and Denzel chose not to come to WSU. We all know that players sign with coaches and not the university.

Everyone knew his days at WSU were numbered as well. You can't honestly say that you expected him to finish his coaching career with the Shockers did you? If you did, well then I'm sorry you had to fall off the 'Yam Wagon'.

Show some freakin appreciation for MT putting this program on the national scene again instead of hating on the guy for doing what he felt was best for his career and family.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
            You guys sound like a bunch of sour grapes and haters. MT revived this program from the trashpile and all you can do it ***** and complain that he left. One recruit of his dies and it is not his fault that Evan and Denzel chose not to come to WSU. We all know that players sign with coaches and not the university.

Everyone knew his days at WSU were numbered as well. You can't honestly say that you expected him to finish his coaching career with the Shockers did you? If you did, well then I'm sorry you had to fall off the 'Yam Wagon'.

Show some freakin appreciation for MT putting this program on the national scene again instead of hating on the guy for doing what he felt was best for his career and family.
            I really don't think we're mad just because he left us, it's the way he left us that makes us tick.
            Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

KC,
              DJ kind of touched on it and I'll add my 2.5 cents.
              MT really did raise the program from the ashes and should ALWAYS be held in high regard for it. But he is also a Larry Brown pupil and his exit reeked of pulling a typical Larry-like stunt. In other words, after TB left the quality recruits stopped rolling in. TB's replacement was a non-factor and MT didn't exactly reel in anyone either. So when the pipeline wasn't kept full and the future wasn't so bright, the next thing you know we see MT riding with in Billy Boy's A&M SUV. Even you know the rest of this story. 8)
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

MT's legacy might look a little like Eddie Fogler's if Jim Schaus weren't here to stop the bleeding.

Recruiting failures for two years in a row will spell suicide for anyone...unless you're not around to pay for it.

Let's go through the list of players who will be returning seniors.

Comment

List....List.....

All i got is Preadom....and apparently that's a maybe/maybe not.

Comment

What kind of statement will that make if there is no senior class next seaon? How can that possibly happen three years removed from a Sweet 16?

Someone wasn't keeping the home fire burning. You can almost hear the advice Larry Brown gave him in May of 2006.

Comment

Returning seniors will be Ramon Clemente and Mantas Griskenas. As for overrecruiting, GM is either planning for contingencies in case EO, Gal, Gris, and GH develop other plans over the offseason, or he has some people he's very unhappy with...
                      Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                      Students > Alumni
                      If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                      The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

A further refinement is in order. Let's talk about a senior class that the former coach left in place. One at best? How does that happen?

Comment

I'm going to get killed for this but MT is not to blame for recruiting failures. I know most of you are wondering why MT didn't parlay our Sweet 16 appearance into better recruits. The answer, WSU is still a mid-major program from a mid-major conference.

The odds of us recruiting 4 and 5 star recruits are just very slim. I doubt we will ever see a McDonald's all-american come to our program and we just can't compete from an athletic budget like the BCS conferences have the luxury of doing.

It's just being the day-in-the-life of being a mid-major.

Comment

I'm going to get killed for this but MT is not to blame for recruiting failures. I know most of you are wondering why MT didn't parlay our Sweet 16 appearance into better recruits. The answer, WSU is still a mid-major program from a mid-major conference.

The odds of us recruiting 4 and 5 star recruits are just very slim. I doubt we will ever see a McDonald's all-american come to our program and we just can't compete from an athletic budget like the BCS conferences have the luxury of doing.

The problem with this theory is that without a Sweet 16 to build on, Marshall appears to have already put together a better class than what MT did following the Sweet 16. We will see if that is really the case, but the questions are legit.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Who was expecting 4 and 5* recruits?

It was the fact that we seemed to get better recruits when our record was worse that had most of us scratching our heads.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X