No announcement yet.

Tell me about the dark days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I the only one who would do a halftime migration? I would pick out a better seat and keep an eye on it during the first half and if nobody sat in it at all I would move to it at half time.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• A young lad was sitting with his grandfather in St. Louis in the year 2035, after the Shockers won their 10th straight MVC Championship under the guidance of WSU and Team USA head coach Fred VanVleet. The young man asked his grandfather, "Grandpa Stevens, can you tell me about the dark days? Can you remember back when WSU wasn't considered the biggest basketball power in the nation? You know, back before America was great again?"
      The old man stroked his chin and looked at his grandson. "Well, Craig Jr.," the man began, "I could, but it would be sad story."
      The old man turned to a Missouri State fan and said, "Casey, my grandson wants to know about WSUs darkest days. I figure if you tell him the story of MSUs best days, it would be the same story, but told much happier."

In case you were wondering why WSU is still in the Valley in 2035, I may have high hopes, but I ain't delusional.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
        Was I the only one who would do a halftime migration? I would pick out a better seat and keep an eye on it during the first half and if nobody sat in it at all I would move to it at half time.
        No, but things were so dark I had front row seats, on the floor, before the media occupied the sideline opposite the benches.

I loved those seats, but I often got the stink eye from the zebras.....why I have no idea. :playful::ranting2::angel:

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          No, but things were so dark I had front row seats, on the floor, before the media occupied the sideline opposite the benches.

I loved those seats, but I often got the stink eye from the zebras.....why I have no idea. :playful::ranting2::angel:
          That's shocking. I was sure they always kept their eyes on the game the entire time without even blinking.

Comment

• A couple of those guys had some rabbit ears for sure. But then, in those days, it was a lot easier to blame the officials than our crappy program.

I sure wasn't going to take out my frustration on the cheerleader that occupied the floor directly in front of me.....a tightly wrapped package of perfection that would melt Siberia.

Comment

A couple of those guys had some rabbit ears for sure. But then, in those days, it was a lot easier to blame the officials than our crappy program.

I sure wasn't going to take out my frustration on the cheerleader that occupied the floor directly in front of me.....a tightly wrapped package of perfection that would melt Siberia.
              My Sunday school teacher back in the day was a yell leader and captain.

Comment

• We gave a scholarship to Rick Conn.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  We gave a scholarship to Rick Conn.
                  Craig Steven had an impact.

Comment

• A good year was avoiding Thursday night in St. Louis, which rarely, if ever, happened. We were todays Drake.

Comment

A couple of those guys had some rabbit ears for sure. But then, in those days, it was a lot easier to blame the officials than our crappy program.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I rooted for certain WSU players to foul out. Because it is harder to dribble the ball out of bounds off your knee on a breakaway, from the bench.

Comment

• When I was learning how to shoot, my dad would always call me Ty Rhodes if I didn't put enough arc on it. Talk about motivation.
                          Last edited by WalterSobchak; August 19, 2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• The 1995-1996 version did not feature a single double-digit scorer. Darrin Miller had the highest PPG avg at 9.7. That equaled 8-10 (4-14).

Comment

• The best memories I have from 1992 til Jason Perez came to campus were L.D. Swanson's buzzer beaters. After he made the first one, hoping to see similar drama was pretty much the only reason to attend. Then, karma paid us back ten-fold in the form of Woodfux, Tolliver and Ben Jacobson.

Comment

• "Those Were The Days..."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X