Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrett Stutz senior night [with photos]

Garrett Played well
    he had 25 pts around 12 to 16 rebounds wasnt sure.
    here are some pics.
    i am convinced ive never seen a 7 footer not in the nba
    who can finish with his weak hand like garrett.
    we have some video footage too, i need to work through.

"Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Send it in, big fella!
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Re: Garrett Stutz senior night [with photos]

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
      i am convinced ive never seen a 7 footer not in the nba who can finish with his weak hand like garrett.
      I don't know if that's true or not, but I'll say this:

Garrett doesn't have a weak hand. He has a pimp hand and the other pimp hand. Both are kept equally strong.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Is that Gene Hackman in the third picture?
        Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

I'm impressed seeing his form on his follow-thru and seeing him get off the floor.

Comment

Nice pix there Rip. Man can't wait to see what he may be able to do here.

Comment

Thanks Rip. He'll be a beast after KR puts 30 lbs of muscle on him.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Comment

It appears he is a decent jumper. Maybe above the white man average.

Also, it appears he has some athleticism and is not just a big blob.

Thanks mucho for the pics. They sure encourage me.

The Hornet crowd is less than enthusiastic. I wonder why? They look bored or disinterested.

Comment

Great work rip and I ty for a glimpse of great times to come here at 21st and Hillside with our cornerstone of the future. GS will be a hard worker which means he will only get better and better. A 7'0 that can drain the 3 and hit his free throws sounds great. K.R. will assist him in bulking up into a Paul Miller type body, but ne is already taller.

Speaking of P.M., it was the double OT win here in Wichita versus SIU where he scored 30 that impressed me the most of his games as a Shock. PM was muscling in for the lay-ups but draining the outside shots as well in that victory. Inside and outside was both solid with him and his Senior year was his banner year.. Likewise, GS has a better shooting touch from the outside and have great teachers here to develop the inside game.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see him wearing gold and black!

Comment

I've seen a lot of guys come in with a lot of hype who don't live up to it. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

He definitely needs some muscle and there will be a period (maybe a long one) of adjustment to the speed at this level.

I still remember how horribly disappointed I was the first time I saw Paul Miller play in an exhibition (I think against Emporia State or something like) his freshman season. This was just before the foot injury that forced the redshirt. He was not good. Not good at all. The redshirt season made him an All America caliber player by his fifth year. By then, he was a man among boys (despite catching crap from fans most of his career for being too soft.)

I'm not going to heap expectations on Stutz. Let him mature and play his game. And I hope we understand that next season, frankly, may not be a whole lot better than this one. We are losing most of our scoring, our best player, our point guard, and our only consistent interior player. They are being replaced by a JC point guard who is averaging less than ten points a game, a transfer, and ... well, no one at this point to replace what PT has done this year unless Mr. Stutz can do it. I HOPE he can, but I don't expect him to.

I hate to be too glass half empty, but I think we need to keep things in perspective.

BTW, thank you rip for your dedication to WSU basketball.
                      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
                        I've seen a lot of guys come in with a lot of hype who don't live up to it. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

He definitely needs some muscle and there will be a period (maybe a long one) of adjustment to the speed at this level.

I still remember how horribly disappointed I was the first time I saw Paul Miller play in an exhibition (I think against Emporia State or something like) his freshman season. This was just before the foot injury that forced the redshirt. He was not good. Not good at all. The redshirt season made him an All America caliber player by his fifth year. By then, he was a man among boys (despite catching crap from fans most of his career for being too soft.)

I'm not going to heap expectations on Stutz. Let him mature and play his game. And I hope we understand that next season, frankly, may not be a whole lot better than this one. We are losing most of our scoring, our best player, our point guard, and our only consistent interior player. They are being replaced by a JC point guard who is averaging less than ten points a game, a transfer, and ... well, no one at this point to replace what PT has done this year unless Mr. Stutz can do it. I HOPE he can, but I don't expect him to.

I hate to be too glass half empty, but I think we need to keep things in perspective.

BTW, thank you rip for your dedication to WSU basketball.
                        I've got to agree with 789. Playing HS ball against a bunch of 6'ers, should result in being a high scorer. Since none of the pictures shown show "any" type of resistance, I still wonder how GS will perform when matched up against MVC post players. We've been there, done that with other tall players in the past recent years, and have been disappointed.

789, being realistic doesn't mean your glass is half empty. You just might be cautious about what you want in your glass.
                        Thanks for the photos, Rip,....(perhaps we could see some contested shots next time....if there are any.)

Comment

Ryan Bradley had a lot of hype coming in too. It was evident the first time I saw him he was never going to be anything.

Im not saying Stutz isn't going to be very good but you have to be cautious as anyone can look good against inferior competition.

Im taking the approach of i'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

i think hes already got better hands than paul miller did his senior year.
                            hes already a better free throw shooter and has better foot speed.

i agree though, there is gonna be a period of adjustment like there always is.
                            garrett told us he plans to gain 30 pounds this summer before basketball season.

Hes a really hard worker thats why his left hand is so good.

Garrett has a sweet stroke from midrange.

he also has a really sweet high post spin move(its like dirk novitzkis)
                            several times he spun past a guard and finished with a nice touch with the left hand off the glass.

I think garrett is already better than paul miller was in a lot of areas.
                            when garretts a senior im convinced hes gonna be way better than PM was.
                            no offense to PM.

i really like coach heinrich
                            one thing i noticed is
                            that while garrett is a lot better than the kids who he plays against.
                            his coaches never stop yelling at him.
                            Several times garrett would go for rebounds or pass catches with one hand.
                            Coach Jim jumped out of his chair and was like "TWO HANDS!"

We also had a good laugh when these crazy visiting fans kept yelling over the back when garrett was just standing ont he floor reaching up and catching offensive rebounds.

It was like HES 7'1"
                            we had a good laugh about that.

The last game of his I went to was bad.
                            And his guards played horrible int hat game.
                            the guards seemed to move the ball around more.

Its gonna be nice having garrett surrounded by.
                            Clevin Toure AJ Ramon next year.

I cant say what hes gonna be like next year for sure.
                            but i can say that he is a very hard worker with a really good head on his shoulder.

Garrett also had some really nice assists last night.
                            He seems to have great court awareness.

Bill has done a great job with his son.

Hope we win tonight!

Glad you guys enjoyed the photos.
                            I have some other shocker photos up on my website.
                            Explore Drew Gallant’s 1,417 photos on Flickr!
                            "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                            CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Great Pix! Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to seeing how Garrett makes the adjustment to D-1 ball.

:goshocks:

Comment

Working...
                              X