No announcement yet.

Garrett Stutz senior night [with photos]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me first say that I think Stutz will be a special player here, but probably NOT next year. He'll get his minutes, may even start. But I'll be happy if he can average 4-5 PPG and pull down a few rebounds in 15-20 minutes/game.

Things like finishing with the "weak" hand is nice, but I want to see him do it with a 6'8"+ D-1 defender pushing him off the block, not a 6'4" high school kid that may never step foot on a college basketball floor.

Against a D-1 defender he's going to have enough trouble getting in position to receive an entry pass, let alone worrying about which had he should finish with.

It is extremely premature to begin saying that Stutz has succeeded Paul Miller in anything he did at WSU, like you are clearly hinting.

Comment

I agree Royal, but he does seem to have a positive attitude like Paul did, and hopefully, he will improve each year like Paul did.

Comment

Please read all posts in a thread before calling others "retarded."

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
        if you would read, back there. i said in quite a few skill areas garrett has already succeeded Paul Miller as a senior at wsu.
        Thank you.[/quote]

Read last comment on page 1 of this topic, and thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          Let me first say that I think Stutz will be a special player here, but probably NOT next year. He'll get his minutes, may even start. But I'll be happy if he can average 4-5 PPG and pull down a few rebounds in 15-20 minutes/game.

Things like finishing with the "weak" hand is nice, but I want to see him do it with a 6'8"+ D-1 defender pushing him off the block, not a 6'4" high school kid that may never step foot on a college basketball floor.

Against a D-1 defender he's going to have enough trouble getting in position to receive an entry pass, let alone worrying about which had he should finish with.

It is extremely premature to begin saying that Stutz has succeeded Paul Miller in anything he did at WSU, like you are clearly hinting.

The thing about saying this is while its safe...
          Marshall has already said hes gonna start next year.
          Marshall said hes gonna be an anchor down there for 4 years.
          Plus.
          who else is gonna start.
          defensive phenom JT Durley?

Its good not to put expectations on him, but its also semi rediculous to say that hes not gonna get many minutes.
          "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
          CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

The thing about saying this is while its safe...
            Marshall has already said hes gonna start next year.
            Marshall said hes gonna be an anchor down there for 4 years.
            Plus.
            who else is gonna start.
            defensive phenom JT Durley?

Its good not to put expectations on him, but its also semi rediculous to say that hes not gonna get many minutes.
            how can we not say his feet are faster than pauls?
            "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
            CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Fast feet don't equate to points, rebounds or blocked shots.

As for Stutz starting, you need to realize that recruiting is still being done. And we seem to be going after juco power forwards. You do the math. And at this point, Orukpe has to also be a part of the equation.

Comment

no disrespect, but its not like we are recruiting the likes of Beasely of Mayo, we bring in players with lots of potential who have might have a few weaknesses that need to be addressed by coaches and trainers. We havent had many freshmen come into our program and just start wining games for us.
                ________
                Uhwh
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town

if you would read, back there. i said in quite a few skill areas garrett has already succeeded Paul Miller as a senior at wsu.
                  Thank you.
                  I'm glad you read all of page 1, but the quote I was referencing was on page 2. Threads do go on longer than just the 1st page. Before you put your foot in your mouth and start flinging names around, please read all of the thread before posting. I honestly don't know why you're arguing this. Its quite obvious that he said "garrett has already succeeded Paul Miller as a senior at wsu." If you can't see that, then there is no point in arguing this any further. :good:
                  "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                  -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929

Thank you.
                    I'm glad you read all of page 1, but the quote I was referencing was on page 2. Threads do go on longer than just the 1st page. Before you put your foot in your mouth and start flinging names around, please read all of the thread before posting. I honestly don't know why you're arguing this. Its quite obvious that he said "garrett has already succeeded Paul Miller as a senior at wsu." If you can't see that, then there is no point in arguing this any further. :good:
                    In all fairness , he did switch it around to compare the 2 in high school.

personally I dont really care who is better. I would care alot more if either one was a consitant threat to catch and jam one down the opposing players throat.
                    That was not Paul's m.o. nor does it seem to be Garrett's. Either way im excited to have him here still.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

Thank you.
                      In all fairness , he did switch it around to compare the 2 in high school.
                      agree to disagree. :good: Well, I'll let this thread die without any more posts on my part. Go Stutz!
                      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Thank you.
                        Holy crap, please to be giving the exact quote in full context, thank you.

Comment

The use of the word succeeded has me confused. Is the argument; GS is PM's successor? Or is the argument; GS has already surpassed PM? If it is the latter, then say it.
                          :D

Just being a smartarse.
                          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I mean.
                            Realistically for Paul Miller,
                            without the fadeaway jumper,
                            what would he have been?
                            Bird ain't got nothin' but a three pointer.
                            He don't need nothin' but a three pointer.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                            X